Elemental Hit

"
Leoncer wrote:
Just an idea I've had running though my head as of late (since I'm in love with Templars at the moment) is to try an Elemental Hit sceptre build - unsure whether to dual-wield or grab a shield.

Could easily grab AoF + %Elemental Wep Damage going through the Templar tree, also grab +% One-hand (Dual-wield) Damage etc. Could also consider the Elemental Weakness curse for added damage and status effects (eg. burn, freeze, shock)

I'll probably give it a go, unless someone replies otherwise, telling my how terrible my idea is :/

EDIT: Should have added that I was considering sceptres due to their innate +%Elemental Damage, wish I figured would be synergistic with Elemental Hit.

Problem with this build is that it's single target melee, so even if you get high enough dmg to 1 shot things ( which your build very possibly will ), it will still be inferior to AoE builds that requires several hits.
Feedback after this point is for 0.9.7
Balance & Design
I'm surprised nobody tried Elemental Hit-based builds with Elemental Equilibrium
I've made this a main attack on a wand witch, taking every single crit chance passive possible and ignore power charges. With the changes to local crit mods on weapons, I've been able to reach the maximum 95% critical chance:

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/23033

Without power charges I'm usually at 77% which is pretty much crit every hit. Just making sure bonus elemental dmg from gear is mostly ice so that it freeze no matter what elements is selected.

The setup is elemental hit - multiple projectile - weapon elemental damage - crit chance - crit multiplier - (optional) quantity. Costing 118 mana each cast :(
Unviable build tester.
Fuse mechanics:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/21503
95% Crit Build Without Charges [0.10.1c]:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/172438
after a Dev was chatting in game about a rainbow i thought this would be a perfect name for this skill,
Rainbow Arrow, something i have not seen in other games as a name.
The skill itself is good, but it really needs a proper visual effect, I realize this is more work than other skills seeing how it works with several weapons, but something other than a default attack is needed.
IGN : Jovial
Great skill for the mana cost. Although the name is really boring. Something like "Chromatic Gambit" would be more impressive.
WANDS:

I have just barely configured my character so this is what I have:

Unavailable

I've got a ton of elemental damage passive skills, so I'm hoping this will do great things for me. According to my calculations, I should be able to do ~170 damage per hit.

edit: And yes, I tried desperately to color the sockets so that I could add my elemental support gem next to it. Damn thing refused to turn red and green!
DEXTERITY: How to rehaul it to be compelling
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/997273
Last edited by Wolfpox on Apr 15, 2012, 5:27:52 AM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
"
yhateful wrote:
The skill itself is good, but it really needs a proper visual effect, I realize this is more work than other skills seeing how it works with several weapons, but something other than a default attack is needed.

Even simple trace of colour of used element after the weapon/projectile would be nice. Like a string of smoke following weapon projectile. One animation 3 colour. Nothing much but nice.

Other idea. Sparkles/snowflakes/sparks following the weapon/projectile.

Question: It works only with elemental dmg character or have it a use for physical dmg fighters as well?? because it seems to be expensive in mana and not do much dps for my almost full physical duelist.
I've tried to use it as a duelist. I figured high attack speed would be just as good as having lots of +elemental damage.

But it's just too costly. And I'm not sure if it's intended but increased elemental support gems don't seem to affect it(at least it doesn't show up when I mouse over the skill at the bottom).

Without physical immunes and whatnot, there seems to be no real reason for duelists to use it when flicker strike just seems to be better.

Maybe a dedicated elemental hit duelist could make better use of it with the blood magic passive or massive mana regen/leech and plenty of attack speed. But even with blood magic support gems it is just way too costly for someone not dedicating themselves to the build.
Last edited by hysteresis on Apr 19, 2012, 4:57:33 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info