Prolif nerf thoughts

Freeze prolif isn't really bothered by this. Most effective freeze proliferation builds use the proliferated link for trash mobs and have a separate DPS link anyway. The only way this could possibly have that big of an impact on proliferation is if trash mobs also get something like 3x more life.
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo
Trash mobs in the beta do have more life. Not sure how much more. Triple highly doubtful.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Player freezes the trash mobs, freeze prolifs to boss and perma freeze him. Not op at all?

Don't complain, seriously. Elemental proliferation was the most broken gem in the game.
"
toyotatundra wrote:
Player freezes the trash mobs, freeze prolifs to boss and perma freeze him. Not op at all?

Don't complain, seriously. Elemental proliferation was the most broken gem in the game.
if prolif is nerfed, what is the point of freeze and shock nodes ? might as well cut them out from the game.

the whole point of prolif in context of shock and freeze is to prolif from trash to higher hp mobs. otherwise theres no point to it. why would you want to ocassionally freeze/shock random trash ?

burn prolif ruined the whole concept proliferation thing by being opieop

And in the end Burn prolif is not even that OP on most Skills. Its more like Flameblast & DD are the Problem. If u go for Fireball or something its more like okeyisch.
Yup agreed. If you can't prolif to bosses or rares, then the gem is useless anyway.
I can freezelock bosses directly, the prolif nerf makes it so I cant freeze all his cronies in one shot at the same time.

Prolif nerf was needed.

It makes me giggle to see people who dont know how to freezelock talk about freezelock.
HAIL SATAN!
Last edited by tramshed on Apr 23, 2015, 3:54:18 AM
"
joscha wrote:
And in the end Burn prolif is not even that OP on most Skills. Its more like Flameblast & DD are the Problem. If u go for Fireball or something its more like okeyisch.

And that's no wonder, fireball ignite is bugged.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1213889/my-posts/1
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Yeah whatever, Ice Spear Burn prolif is not much better. Just played a Zana Death&Taxes with it and i cant say its OP. But i guess im just a bit salty they Nerfed two of my Chars (that are no way near OP und probably worse than my Arc) just to hurt some OP Skills... I would have prefered them go for Fire Trap, DD and Flamblast...
"
joscha wrote:
Yeah whatever, Ice Spear Burn prolif is not much better. Just played a Zana Death&Taxes with it and i cant say its OP. But i guess im just a bit salty they Nerfed two of my Chars (that are no way near OP und probably worse than my Arc) just to hurt some OP Skills... I would have prefered them go for Fire Trap, DD and Flamblast...

PoE isnt created by developers who aspire their game to be balanced, it is developed by GGG. A company who is known to either buff skills over the roof so that everyone and his mum plays it or nerf them so hard that some even forget that these skills exist. After a while they they rebuff the skills again and so on. Welcome to the hamster wheel, welcome to PoE.

I strongly believe that the proliferation gem will no longer be used beside with fire skills and maybe in party play, but do not worry GGG will buff it again in a few years, than nerf it.

At the end we have to accept that GGG is trying to keep people addicted by frequent meta shifts, so no matter how hard the players cry, nothing will hold them back from nerfing.Because it would be detrimental to their league based "bring people back to PoE" strategy because it would be boring for the players to always use the same skill in every league.

To the OP, I would advice you to accept that GGG knows better than you about how to balance the game and as a sign that you have understood it please ask the support to lock this thread, its of no use. It will not change anything because GGG does only listen to players if its reddit rage a la 500 replies long complaint thread or 50 pages long complaint thread on the forums, this thread is neither.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info