Ignite caused by Fireball is missing AoE property

Ok, after some testing I'm pretty certain of this. As we all know, damage over time inherits secondary properties of the skill that inflicted it, and it works properly for bleeding, poison or viper stacks caused by native AoE attack skills or AoE component of melee splash. It also works for ignite when inflicted by skills like flameblast, detonate dead or AoE attack skills.

In all such cases, supporting the skill with concentrated effect will apply its damage multiplier twice, once for hit that caused the effect and the second time for DoT itself.

It was tested with a clean character, minimally geared and freshly respecced on left side of the tree to have only life, chance to ignite and elemental/spell/burning damage bonuses. Skills were linked only with chance to ignite gem and conc effect, nothing else, it was tested on captain aurelius in battlefront. Results are expressed in segments of his health bar with the most average no-conc result taken as 100 point baseline.

These were the numbers for flameblast without conc effect:

and with concentrated effect:

We can see the 1,66 multiplier is properly applied twice giving roughly 2,75 times greater total damage.

However, when we repeat the test with Fireball without conc effect:

And with concentrated effect:

The multiplier is obviously applied only once, from live observations I'd say it's to initial damage but not to ignite. Of course, it's possible I messed something up but it's probably still worth looking into.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Did a similar test with flameblast, data here, and it had the same results as Raic so I'm pretty sure its a bug. Curiosity bump!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info