Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

Prolif nerf thoughts

I used to link the proliferation gem with arc instead of faster casting, even though faster casting was probably better. Now there is no such decision anymore. RIP shock (and freeze?) proliferation.

Funny thing is that burn proliferation will still be strong because i just tested it with a lvl 1 proliferation gem and a lvl 17 flameblast and i still can do lvl 75 maps with it.

Point is that GGG always manage to kill other many builds if they want to nerf a specific one. Take spectral throw as an example: Crit ele ST was overpowered so they nerfed its base damage so that crit ele ST was still strong but no other variations remained alive but crit ST. Non crit got fucked.

Here with prolif its a similar situations because crit builds automatically shock/freeze all enemies whereas non crit builds more or less had to use the proliferation gem to shock/freeze all enemies because you cannot get more chance to shock/freeze than maybe 35%, of course you can get more but than you have to spent too many points so that dps/survivability suffers.

To put an end to this post, I am fully okay with the fact that GGG wants to change the meta and therefore have to obliterate many builds, but please do not sugar coat the fact that build diversity will be diminished by such a change.

With best regards

vangrandson
Last edited by vangrandson on Apr 22, 2015, 4:57:02 AM
Lulul, why didnt they just remove flameblast.

Edit: or make so it can't ignite XD
The Hyperbomber for 2.6: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1879383
Last edited by Saltygames on Apr 22, 2015, 4:59:34 AM
If GGG really has the intention of nerfing burn proliferation and only burn proliferation than why didnt they just slapped a -50% damage over time modifer onto the skill gem?

Also the radius of the proliferation gems always stays at 12 with my +80% increased aoe flameblast char this is not that bad, however if I want to prolif for instance the freeze status effect with artic breath without increased aoe than I am pretty much fucked because of the tiny aoe.

As you can see they do not intent on just nerfing burn proliferation, they want to nerf freeze/shock to.
But as I said before I am fine with that.

picture can change during the beta
IGN TylordRampage
"
Malone wrote:

And the more stink we raise, the more likely it is to change :)
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
raics wrote:
"
Malone wrote:

And the more stink we raise, the more likely it is to change :)

I doubt that the "picture can change" because GGG clearly wants to change the meta, away from spell casting as you can see clearly if you look at the EB nerf, the removing of shotgunning, the proliferation nerf etc.

I can imagine that the new meta will be melee, bow rangers, mines (look at the new uniques) and wanders.
Past few months it was spell casters, bow rangers, wanders.
I seriously knew they were going to do this.

Problem was not the prolif, it was the BURN PROLIF. Don't know how many times we need to say this.
This is just taking the easy way out and ruining freeze/shock prolif in the mean time.

If you can't deal with the issue correctly, at least split the prolif gem into 3 different gems. Fire/Cold/Lightning and tweak them accordingly.

Or better. Instead of giving 30% less damage, make it 75% less damage over time. Quite a huge nerf for Burn.
Nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
Freeze prolif is pretty ridiculously powerful as well.
HAIL SATAN!
"
rockmassif wrote:
I seriously knew they were going to do this.

Problem was not the prolif, it was the BURN PROLIF. Don't know how many times we need to say this.
This is just taking the easy way out and ruining freeze/shock prolif in the mean time.

If you can't deal with the issue correctly, at least split the prolif gem into 3 different gems. Fire/Cold/Lightning and tweak them accordingly.

Or better. Instead of giving 30% less damage, make it 75% less damage over time. Quite a huge nerf for Burn.

75% less damage for burn prolif would literally kill all burn prolif builds which in fact would only further decrease build diversity so I believe that a -50% less dot would be fine however the radius should be like 25 not 12 otherwise all non aoe builds cant use prolif anymore.
i agree, it's like they forgot that the other 2 status ailments even existed when it cam to nerfing prolif. burn+prolif was the only one that was OP, sure u could freeze or shock the whole screen but that doesnt really help clear speed. the best way to nerf would have definitely been 'proliferated enemies take -X% from damage over time effects'

but then again, maybe the devs played around with shock and freeze prolifs and realised they could all become overpowered, and the community just hadn't worked out how yet. dealing massive freeze or shock to 1 mob and prolif could be insane in groups. but then again, bloodlust.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info