Prolif nerf thoughts

"
grepman wrote:

This is the new prolif and radius is fixed at 12

It's the principle of Maximus Rektus, whenever thou shalt nerf the anointed scapegoat sacrifice, do so with vengeance. For when revisions must later come to pass, it is far better to gracefully relent a mote upon due reflection, rather than be compelled to nerf once more for good measure.

Note also the related principle of Effektus Rex - the blunter the tool, the more comprehensive the nerf. A precisely targeted nerf runs the risk of overlooking some pesky detail that may permit a remnant synergy to thrive. Laying waste to the entire field insures that taming the most abusive cases will suffice to eradicate all manner of lesser exploits.
Last edited by RogueMage on Apr 22, 2015, 3:39:42 PM
"
RogueMage wrote:
Spoiler
"
grepman wrote:

This is the new prolif and radius is fixed at 12

It's the principle of Maxmimus Rektus, whenever thou shalt nerf the anointed scapegoat sacrifice, do so with vengeance. For when revisions must later come to pass, it is far better to gracefully relent a mote upon due reflection, rather than be compelled to nerf once more for good measure.

Note also the related principle of Effektus Rex - the blunter the tool, the more comprehensive the nerf. A precisely targeted nerf runs the risk of overlooking some pesky detail that may permit a remnant synergy to thrive. Laying waste to the entire field insures that taming the most abusive cases will suffice to eradicate all manner of lesser exploits.

I laughed :D, thanks man.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
the true victim of this change, my trully precious:

6linking it by accident was jaw-dropping bonkers worthy moment, realizing that this actually is pretty damn good 7link was even better

sadly 30% less damage is super-harsh. i expected 'less' multi but only on the spread, not the hit

and i agree - cold/shock prolif is affected without real reason
So I had planned a trapper for my first run... yeah not anymore.
3.3 RF Trickster SSF HC guide :

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2147256
As someone who wants burn prolif nerfed, my first reaction to "30% less damage" image was to cringe. That's functionally 51% less Burning Damage (.7*.7=.49), which is an even bigger nerf than anticipated. Felt too big.

But then I got to thinking. "Radius is fixed." Does this mean the damage penalty eases up as the gem levels?

I actually like the idea of a fixed-radius Prolif with a damage penalty you level out of. I think 12 is probably not enough radius, but I don't think new prolif is necessarily way off from where it should be.

Unless you can't fix the 30% less with gem levels.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Some thoughts:

1) Freeze proliferation was just as OP as burn proliferation, especially when you do both at the same time. You can do this with Romira's cold snap and cold to fire.

2) If you put quality added lightning on that combo and use herald of thunder you could get shock proliferation too (and you don't need to grab RT anymore). I was doing this pretty successfully at the very end of Torment, I might try again in the next league.
[img]http://image.prntscr.com/image/2e57fcaba2ea48cc9832fecc55c6d0d6.png[/img]
Last edited by Commoble on Apr 22, 2015, 7:59:18 PM
"
RogueMage wrote:

It's the principle of Maximus Rektus, whenever thou shalt nerf the anointed scapegoat sacrifice, do so with vengeance. For when revisions must later come to pass, it is far better to gracefully relent a mote upon due reflection, rather than be compelled to nerf once more for good measure.

Verily, verily. Sic erat scriptum.

Also of interest is Divide et Impera, but this was brilliantly ensured from the start through natural encouragement of competition amongst masses already predisposed. Little effort need be spent to see the Rekt be moreso ridiculed than sympathized with by their 'brethren'. Some can even be conditioned to enjoy the carnage even as it spills their way. Glorious wisdom in action, truly.
Can anyone provide the new leveling and quality bonuses for Prolif?

Edit: damage penalty is 20% less (not 30%) at gemlevel 21.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Apr 22, 2015, 8:43:18 PM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Can anyone provide the new leveling and quality bonuses for Prolif?

Edit: damage penalty is 20% less (not 30%) at gemlevel 21.

that's good news. but still a big nerf to shock and freeze
"
Commoble wrote:
Some thoughts:

1) Freeze proliferation was just as OP as burn proliferation, especially when you do both at the same time. You can do this with Romira's cold snap and cold to fire.

Ill have to disagree. freeze is nowhere near op as burn prolif. also, romira's is a very specific build.

theres zero requirement to make a fast-clearing prolif burn build due to how clearing works in this game.

freeze prolif is great defensively, its kinda meh offensively. prolif burn builds are used by everyone and their moms. prolif freeze builds I see very few of. since freeze mine nerf ages ago, prolif freeze is very niche, burn is super popular and requires no specific gear, and works for a wide variety of builds. hell you can make a decent-clear speed leap slam build off burn prolif.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info