Prolif nerf thoughts

BS nerf. It was OP for FB thats it. But was offset by miserable game-play so that was alright by me.

No one used it but for fire since the shock stack nerf and it was little too strong for fire so it only affects fire really.

Seems like everything is getting nerf tho from data ive been collecting on chat and reading forums.

So far only one I see as really dumb is EB/MOM/AA defense combo. Wasnt even strong to begin with now it seems obsolete. I dont even play it but blocks out a lot of players from having reasonable defenses.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Apr 23, 2015, 9:16:23 AM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
EB/MOM/AA wasnt even strong to begin with

Lold at that one.

Immunity to reflect fire damage, no damage from voidbearers and tentacle miscreations and 6k+ effective health. Not strong at all...
Last edited by Brolf on Apr 23, 2015, 9:42:57 AM
"
Brolf wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
EB/MOM/AA wasnt even strong to begin with

Lold at that one.

Immunity to reflect fire damage, no damage from voidbearers and tentacle miscreations and 6k+ effective health. Not strong at all...

Still waiting for one CoD AA user to do uber...

It's average defenses at best.

Look you can run 26 AA with Lightning coil and have 100% resists and 70% phys mitigation.

I'll take immune to all elemental
70% phys
and all the benefits of 26 AA

The there is 12-15K EHP CIs, Max blockers, Max dodgers/evaders who have all done uber.
Git R Dun!
HAIL SATAN!
rip three dragons rainbow prolifs, you made some builds amazing in your time xD
Hey...is this thing on?
"
vangrandson wrote:

PoE isnt created by developers who aspire their game to be balanced, it is developed by GGG. A company who is known to either buff skills over the roof so that everyone and his mum plays it or nerf them so hard that some even forget that these skills exist. After a while they they rebuff the skills again and so on. Welcome to the hamster wheel, welcome to PoE.

I strongly believe that the proliferation gem will no longer be used beside with fire skills and maybe in party play, but do not worry GGG will buff it again in a few years, than nerf it.

At the end we have to accept that GGG is trying to keep people addicted by frequent meta shifts, so no matter how hard the players cry, nothing will hold them back from nerfing.Because it would be detrimental to their league based "bring people back to PoE" strategy because it would be boring for the players to always use the same skill in every league.

To the OP, I would advice you to accept that GGG knows better than you about how to balance the game and as a sign that you have understood it please ask the support to lock this thread, its of no use. It will not change anything because GGG does only listen to players if its reddit rage a la 500 replies long complaint thread or 50 pages long complaint thread on the forums, this thread is neither.

Yeah u might be right. So i will look forward to the next season and see what it brings istead of beeing sad. :D
I play like 90% Challenge league anyway and just come back for some god memorys.^^
Neverteless i get a bit sad when one of my old chars gets unplayble.... (Yeah respecing and stuff - but u cant respec gear and jewels and i dont play old chars nearly enough to get somewhere)
"
RogueMage wrote:
"
grepman wrote:

This is the new prolif and radius is fixed at 12

It's the principle of Maximus Rektus, whenever thou shalt nerf the anointed scapegoat sacrifice, do so with vengeance. For when revisions must later come to pass, it is far better to gracefully relent a mote upon due reflection, rather than be compelled to nerf once more for good measure.

Note also the related principle of Effektus Rex - the blunter the tool, the more comprehensive the nerf. A precisely targeted nerf runs the risk of overlooking some pesky detail that may permit a remnant synergy to thrive. Laying waste to the entire field insures that taming the most abusive cases will suffice to eradicate all manner of lesser exploits.

A yes, the Malleus Mansuetus principle.
"
tramshed wrote:
I can freezelock bosses directly, the prolif nerf makes it so I cant freeze all his cronies in one shot at the same time.

Prolif nerf was needed.

It makes me giggle to see people who dont know how to freezelock talk about freezelock.
why do you care about trash being prolifed frozen if you already can freeze lock bosses directly?

No one said they can't freeze lock. Separate the eggs from the chicken will ya?
"
vangrandson wrote:

To the OP, I would advice you to accept that GGG knows better than you about how to balance the game and as a sign that you have understood it please ask the support to lock this thread, its of no use. It will not change anything because GGG does only listen to players if its reddit rage a la 500 replies long complaint thread or 50 pages long complaint thread on the forums, this thread is neither.
no thanks. This is a civil discussion that doesn't involve crying or generalizing. I can live with the change, I just believe it's a wrong way to nerf burn prolif. I'm arguing that this is a questionable change, that's all. I'm welcoming all opinions. I'm not an activist, my goal of posting is to not make Ggg accept my point by any means but rather discuss what people think of it.

Last thing I want is this thread to shut down.
I believe that, despite this, burn prolif is currently more OP than ever in 2.0.

Why?

1. This jewel is simply outrageous for burn builds. In practice players won't go full magic, but they'll probably get a good 100% increase out of the jewel. Like all Fire damage increases, it double-dips.

2. This jewel looks hard to use, but it's really not - all you have to do is spec the new Eldritch Battery and run Blood Magic support. Just add Rise of the Phoenix and you've got instant Righteous Fire. So in short, this makes spellcaster RF ridiculously easy to achieve.

These are both huge deals and probably outweigh the prolif nerf.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Apr 23, 2015, 4:10:22 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info