Prolif nerf thoughts

Actually... Is 10% increased life then rate different from 10% max life then per second? Perhaps it is.

Hidden Potential is still jewel strong tho.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Actually... Is 10% increased life then rate different from 10% max life then per second? Perhaps it is.

Hidden Potential is still jewel strong tho.

FullBlownDaddy here. FullBlownDaddy says assume you have 8% life regen, 8*1.1=8.8.

Peace, FullBlownDaddy™
"FullyBlownDaddy"-FullBlownDaddy™
"FillBlownDaddy"-GGG
"FullBlownMommy"-Casual_Ascent
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:

It is, FBD got it right.

It's 1.1x your current regen%. Even if you somehow got 15% life regen, it'd only be worth as much as a 1.5% life regen node.
Okay, so that jewel is just... bad.

Hidden Potential is still outrageous for burn builds. Magic helm, chest, gloves, boots; Kaom's Heart gets kinda shafted. Invitation better than a magic belt, but it's now a minor upgrade. Probably stick with rare/unique rings and ammy. Weapon slots obviously not magic. Still 100% increase from one notable (125% pre-Invitation).
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Apr 23, 2015, 7:58:25 PM
With the amount of defenses you are losing from going rares (4 affixes by item, a total of 16 if you go for what you said) I don't t think it will be worth it. Surviving is way more important than damage.
I'm not saying survival is irrelevant, but "Defenses" are basically a noob trap. This is why Acrobatics has always been good - it's not that Evasion is so great, it's that switching some Armour to Evasion and halving the rest doesn't change much, while dodge is a mechanic which actually matters.

Just stack life and profit.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Apr 23, 2015, 10:59:16 PM
"
tramshed wrote:
Freeze prolif is pretty ridiculously powerful as well.

Not quite. The only real application freeze prolif has is dealing with trash mobs. Bosses almost never get frozen an appreciable/useful amount of time, most often it is burn/shock/chill on them.

Granted I love freeze prolif myself for its defensive capability, especially like with ColdSnap-Trap-Prolif. But I wonder how good that setup will be now, without taking increased AOE/damage on tree to compensate. The first result I see in this case is the freeze not lasting nearly as long, which is a direct nerf to its defensive potential. I would still test it to see how useful it can be though, ie placing 3x ColdSnap-Trap-Prolif at opening of a box should still be a legit means of crowd control. I hope.
For POE Devs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ea6UuRTjkKs
Died like this in HC before: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVsgFUiD-Y8

u_u
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
I'm not saying survival is irrelevant, but "Defenses" are basically a noob trap. This is why Acrobatics has always been good - it's not that Evasion is so great, it's that switching some Armour to Evasion and halving the rest doesn't change much, while dodge is a mechanic which actually matters.

Just stack life and profit.

If by saying "defenses" you meant armor/evasion then I'd agree. But I'm hoping you aren't including things like MoM/AA/EB/Light Coil/CoD/etc. All of those are (or were) excellent means of stacking "defenses". Not a "noob trap" by any stretch of the imagination.

Acro/Phase Acro are very good, but their reliability is always going to be in question. That's why flat mitigation (like AA/LC/CoD) is always going to be preferable or something to aim for first imo.
For POE Devs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ea6UuRTjkKs
Died like this in HC before: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVsgFUiD-Y8

u_u
"

That's true, they aren't as good, but as of 2.0, I wouldn't be so sure of this. Armor got reworked, so the numbers may be different. Armor really only needed a slight tweak for it to be decent defense. Even now, there is a noticeable between a character with 0 armor and a character with 2000 armor for example.

Doesn't Elemental Proliferate have a 30% less damage multiplier? That would apply on the initial hit and the DoT portion, that's a huge nerf.
By defences I meant AR/EV.

Every (non-Acro) character has at least 6000 Armour. At least, when they need it.

Thus, the difference between 0 Armour and 2000 Armour is pretty much irrelevant.

As covered earlier in thread, new Prolif penalty is 30% less damage at gemlevel 1 and 20% less at glvl 21.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Apr 24, 2015, 1:59:14 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info