Prolif nerf thoughts

So in case anyone havent seen, the nerf is in the form of
1)drastic area decrease of prolif
2)30% less damage

my question is, why do freeze prolif and shock prolif have to suffer because of burn prolif ? barely anyone uses shock prolif since shock changes. very few people use freeze prolif at this point in time

yeah burn prolif is nerfed, but freeze/shock prolifs are now prolly close to dead.

Last edited by grepman on Apr 22, 2015, 2:11:17 AM
"
grepman wrote:
2)30% less damage

my question is, why do freeze prolif and shock prolif have to suffer because of burn prolif ? barely anyone uses shock prolif since shock changes. very few people use freeze prolif at this point in time

yeah burn prolif is nerfed, but freeze/shock prolifs are now prolly close to dead.

So what's your suggestion here? Or is it just a senseless complaint?
"
"
grepman wrote:
2)30% less damage

So what's your suggestion here? Or is it just a senseless complaint?

suggestion is to nerf burn prolif (if it has to be explicitly, then be it), and leave freeze/shock prolif alone.

and why is my complaint 'senseless' ? it makes perfect sense to have freeze and lightning prolif usable as opposed to not, no ?
One step at a time.

And the only thing I can see them nerfing is cold / lightning prolif's area of effect. The two statuses are damage independent.
"
One step at a time.

And the only thing I can see them nerfing is cold / lightning prolif's area of effect. The two statuses are damage independent.
I dont get what you're saying.
statuses are NOT damage independent. the less damage, the less duration of any status ailment. 30% less damage is a pretty significant nerf when dealing with prolif. not to mention the radius nerf.

my point is super simple, again - burn prolif was the chief problem, and shock/cold prolif was just fine at this point in time.

burn prolif desperately needed a nerf, I absolutely and wholly agree. however, other prolifs didnt need one- they were already very niche.

this is a big, non-warranted nerf to any niche builds that relied on or utilized non-crit ways to prolif freeze/shock
"
grepman wrote:
statuses are NOT damage independent. the less damage, the less duration of any status ailment. 30% less damage is a pretty significant nerf when dealing with prolif. not to mention the radius nerf.

You mean the gem now has a 30% less damage modifier on it? Or just 30% less damage for the proliferation?
Don't post if you don't know what you re talking about lol.
"The exodus of humanity in search of a new home? It is like spreading a virus in the healthy space."
"
"
grepman wrote:

You mean the gem now has a 30% less damage modifier on it? Or just 30% less damage for the proliferation?

This is the new prolif and radius is fixed at 12
I don't like the way it got nerfed either, I'd prefer to see something like 'status effects are proliferated for half of the original damage and duration', if possible.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Thanks for the info. So hard to find the information. In this case I agree, it's a bad solution.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info