Prolif nerf thoughts

"
vangrandson wrote:
"
rockmassif wrote:
I seriously knew they were going to do this.

Problem was not the prolif, it was the BURN PROLIF. Don't know how many times we need to say this.
This is just taking the easy way out and ruining freeze/shock prolif in the mean time.

If you can't deal with the issue correctly, at least split the prolif gem into 3 different gems. Fire/Cold/Lightning and tweak them accordingly.

Or better. Instead of giving 30% less damage, make it 75% less damage over time. Quite a huge nerf for Burn.

75% less damage for burn prolif would literally kill all burn prolif builds which in fact would only further decrease build diversity so I believe that a -50% less dot would be fine however the radius should be like 25 not 12 otherwise all non aoe builds cant use prolif anymore.

It's just a random number. But you get what I'm saying, real thing is DOT nerf.

Also duration nerf on Freeze prolif might be needed.
Nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
"
Float wrote:
but then again, maybe the devs played around with shock and freeze prolifs and realised they could all become overpowered, and the community just hadn't worked out how yet. dealing massive freeze or shock to 1 mob and prolif could be insane in groups. but then again, bloodlust.

Dunno why people associate bloodlust with parties, you can just use another skill to apply bleed, if it was a keystone it would be another story.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
rockmassif wrote:
75% less damage for burn prolif would literally kill all burn prolif builds which in fact would only further decrease build diversity so I believe that a -50% less dot would be fine however the radius should be like 25 not 12 otherwise all non aoe builds cant use prolif anymore.

It's just a random number. But you get what I'm saying, real thing is DOT nerf.

Also duration nerf on Freeze prolif might be needed.[/quote]

That sounds appropriate it also needs a duration nerf on shock prolif, but the -30% just fucks over shock and freeze prolif and more or less renders the gem useless for everything but burn prolif. And that is quite the opposite of what GGG want. Or is it exactly what they want?
Last edited by vangrandson on Apr 22, 2015, 6:49:27 AM
"
SaiyanZ wrote:
I don't see why anyone except the Flameblast guys will use this gem now.

WTS 1c

I will really buy it. Think twice...
Anyone played a PermaFreeze ColdSnap Build?

Its ridiculous to freeze the whole screen. Being absolutely safe, even with Bosses/Rares... it is just insane.

Key-Abuse-Item:

Even with crap gear, its a cakewalk.

At the moment i can't say if this "nerf" (i like adjustment more) is good or bad.
Maybe i can tell more about it, if i get a way into the beta, or someone else has the possibility to test it.

█▀▀▌ █▌█▀▀▀ █▀▀▌█▄░▌
█▀▀█ █▌▀▀▀█ █░░▌█▀▌▌
█▄▄▌ █▌█▄▄█ █▄▄▌█░█▌
mixed feelings, but all in all im ok with it tbh, harsh, but then it needed something harsh.

Can someone tell us, what does the Quality of the new EP do? As I haven't seen it mentioned or noted anywhere.
Or is it the same as the old one?
To Die Is Not An Option, To Fight Until DIESync Is The Only Answer. ☺☻☺

Happy Hunting Exiles.
Completely justified change. Hell might even need two flame-blasts now to kill a room.

Key-word in that sentence being "might", because i actually think you wont.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
eviL_Bison wrote:
Anyone played a PermaFreeze ColdSnap Build?

Its ridiculous to freeze the whole screen. Being absolutely safe, even with Bosses/Rares... it is just insane.

Key-Abuse-Item:

Even with crap gear, its a cakewalk.

At the moment i can't say if this "nerf" (i like adjustment more) is good or bad.
Maybe i can tell more about it, if i get a way into the beta, or someone else has the possibility to test it.

cold snap romiras build ?
sure perma-freeze is powerful, but its not THAT powerful imo. it's safer but clear speed is much lower than top end builds or burn prolif builds

my chief problem is that status ailments are now kind of a joke. since poe is aoe oriented, status ailments (when they arent applied to you, but the mobs) are useless single target. you wont shock/freeze a boss without a prolif anyway. prolif made those chances to freeze/shock mean something even without a crit build.
"
grepman wrote:
cold snap romiras build ?
sure perma-freeze is powerful, but its not THAT powerful imo. it's safer but clear speed is much lower than top end builds or burn prolif builds

my chief problem is that status ailments are now kind of a joke. since poe is aoe oriented, status ailments (when they arent applied to you, but the mobs) are useless single target. you wont shock/freeze a boss without a prolif anyway. prolif made those chances to freeze/shock mean something even without a crit build.

Yes, a RT/Romiras ColdSnap.

Its true that you won't have a killspeed like a TS Ranger or similar powerful builds. Thats not the point, its the mechanic, more HC / Partyplay / Sologaming.
The "nerf" will hit this build like train.

I'm more interested actually how is Ele Prolif Burning Arrow Trap now? :D (Never finished mine in Torment)

I think for myself, the Shotgun and Prolif nerf are focused on breaking the actual meta. (except crit)

█▀▀▌ █▌█▀▀▀ █▀▀▌█▄░▌
█▀▀█ █▌▀▀▀█ █░░▌█▀▌▌
█▄▄▌ █▌█▄▄█ █▄▄▌█░█▌

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info