[Guide] Hideout References

hello,
i have an problem : i import a HA ( image ) all masteres ar on ther place, after i relog or reconnect the HA decoration ar still on there place but the masters are group in 1 place ( image ).

what is the problem ?

summary of the poem where the mind is without fear

"
hello,
i have an problem : i import a HA ( image ) all masteres ar on ther place, after i relog or reconnect the HA decoration ar still on there place but the masters are group in 1 place ( image ).

what is the problem ?

summary of the poem where the mind is without fear

This is one of the new bugs for hideouts. It seems that some things do not have their location saved which causes it to revert. You'll have to wait until they fix it.

For now move the waypoint 1 to the right and export. Then move 1 to the left and export again. I haven't personally had the master reset issue but I've heard that this may solve it.
Last edited by Sie_Sayoka on Jan 20, 2019, 1:32:21 AM
:O
█▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀ ░ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀ ░ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀
█▄▄▀ █▄▄█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █▀▀ ░ █▄▄▀ █▄▄█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █▀▀ ░ █▄▄▀ █▄▄█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █▀▀
▀░▀▀ ▄▄▄█ █▀▀▀ ▀░░▀ ▀▀▀ ░ ▀░▀▀ ▄▄▄█ █▀▀▀ ▀░░▀ ▀▀▀ ░ ▀░▀▀ ▄▄▄█ █▀▀▀ ▀░░▀ ▀▀▀
Pre_3.5.0_Archive

The purpose of this guide:

- Provide a 3d art reference to all decorations and variants
- Provide a reference to all light sources and effects
- Clean examples of all master hideouts, including tiers
- Basic hideout management
- Leveling/favor guide
- Other tips and tricks

Useful Links:

- Masters
- Hideout
- Hideout Discord
- Hideout Decorations University by Path_of_DerroK
- Hideout Decoration Video Guide
- Hideout Calculator Tool
- PoE House Hideout Sharing Site
- Hideout Showcase Hideout Sharing Site

3.5.0 Information

Updating the guide will be slow during the first couple weeks of the league.

Importing/Exporting Templates
3.5.0 hideouts and default templates.
All hideouts/decorations and unlock locations
Master Leveling & Alva Farming
New Decorations
Favor & Favor Farming
Light Sources

Guide Updating TBD

Reformat Categories
Prune Outdated Information
Update Light Sources and Effects
Complete MTX Section
Favor Farming

About the Author:
I've been making hideouts for a while and would like to share information about them. This guide will likely take several leagues to complete but it will offer valuable resources to those who want to make beautiful hideouts. Making a hideout will take time and effort but with enough invested you can make an awesome hideout.

- Tomb of the Giants [Community Showcase]
- The Citadel [Community Showcase]
- The Cartographorium [Community Showcase]
- The Eastern Temple [Community Showcase] [DL]
- Basilisk's Grave
- The Scarlet Corsair [HotW]

- The Aquarium
- The Pipe Organ

Basics

You are first able to create a hideout once a master is level 3. Masters invited to your hideout will be able to level up much faster due to the daily missions. Dismissing a master will reset their current exp at that level to 0. However, creating a new hideout will not change their EXP.

Consider the following:

- Hideout style/Decorations. You might want to choose your master solely for the aesthetics of the hideout.
- Exp/Drops. This is more important for mid-late master leveling.
- Master Crafting. Master crafting is very important for modifying your gear.
- Currency Exchange. Lv 6 masters will offer cheaper currency exchanges than town NPCs.

Once you have successfully completed a master's mission talk to them in town. They will provide you will their corresponding crafting bench.

Navali and Leo are the only 2 NPCs that do not take up a master slot within your hideout.

Leveling

Completing missions for masters will level them up. This is proportional to the instance level of the mission. Whilst you can level your masters normally by encountering them randomly, there are ways to hasten this rate.

Prophecies are great ways to increase the favor and EXP earned from missions. The Gracious Master and Master Seeks Help prophecies increase the amount of reputation earned from a mission.

Rotations, where each party member shares their daily, will allow for 6 missions of the same master given that the party is full. Global 820 (Type /global 820) is a good place to find rotations.

Refer to this spreadsheet for favor/rep tables and modifiers.

Maximizing Favor
Because decorations are shared throughout your account it may be advantageous to do dailies for each league. With high level masters and prophecies you can accumulate favor quite quickly from the dailies alone.

Hideouts

With each tier you gain an additional area to build in as well as more master slots.

Haku
- Tier 1
- Tier 2
- Tier 3

Elreon
- Tier 1
- Tier 2
- Tier 3

Catarina
- Tier 1
- Tier 2
- Tier 3

Tora
- Tier 1
- Tier 2
- Tier 3*

Vorici
- Tier 1
- Tier 2
- Tier 3

Vagan
- Tier 1
- Tier 2
- Tier 3

Zana
- Tier 1
- Tier 2
- Tier 3

Leo
- Tier 1
- Tier 2
- Tier 3

* Tora's T2/T3 hideout upgrade is an exception where the log bridge turns into stone. The existing areas are also expanded upon. Because the expansion doesn't line up perfectly there's a possibility for decorations to be placed on the water when upgrading from T2 to T3 as discovered by /u/hastecsgo. The decorations on the water can not be rotated or moved.

Here's a video example of the exact changes between T2/T3.

Decorations

Below is a compilation of all the decorations available as of 3.0. MTX and challenge rewards are not included.

Haku

Catarina

Elreon

Tora

Zana

Vagan

Leo

Vorici

The very helpful franss has been kind enough to upload an album including all of Elreon's, Vagan's, Vorici's, and Tora's decorations.

MTX

MTX decorations have special properties and effects that you will not be able to get with normal decorations. I'll list the current MTX in the shop and provide some insight on their uses.

Automaton Beam Decoration

Wasteland Campsite Decoration

Automaton Decor

Wasteland Barricade Decoration

Automaton Lightning Decoration

Wasteland Sandstorm Decoration

Sin Symbol Decoration

Innocence Symbol Decoration

Oriath Citizen Corpse Decoration

Oriath Citizen Decoration

Sin Cathedral Decoration

Innocence Cathedral Decoration

Burning Corpse Pile Decoration

Frozen Corpse Pile Decoration

Ice Bricks Decoration

Fire Bricks Decoration

Fire Gale Decoration

Ice Gale Decoration

Blood and Bone Decoration

Beast Egg Decoration

Beast Eye Decoration

White Fern Decoration

White Lights Decoration

White Crystal Decoration

Atlas Table Decoration

Blood Rain Decoration

Arcane Flame Decoration

Lightning Coil Decoration

Malachai Heart Decoration

Solaris Throne Decoration

Verdant Throne Decoration

Infernal Throne Decoration

Arcane Throne Decoration

Vaal Vessel Decoration

Wisp Swarm Decoration

Cauldron Decoration

Vaal Pyramid Decoration

Transformer Decoration

Brutus' Cradle Decoration

Whale Skeleton Decoration

Energy Dome Decoration

Fireplace Decoration

Catapult Decoration

Rain Decoration

Sacrificial Shrine Decoration

Impaling Spikes Decoration

Falling Leaves Decoration

Wide Light Beam Decoration

lootbox deco

pets

Light_Sources

Light sources are essential to brighten up dark hideouts or give better atmosphere. There are roughly four different colors of light sources. blue (waypoints), orange (fire), teal (Catarina), neutral (player/tileset). I'll only label teal and blue decorations, anything unlabeled will be orange. I'm sure there are more but for the purposes of hideouts these are the only colors available.

I'm going to make a distinction between what can be considered true light sources and pseudo light sources. The former behaves as any light will, reflecting off of the ground and other decorations. The latter will only apply to itself. An example of a pseudo light source would be the blessing font. There's a beam of light coming down and the top of the font is well lit. However, it gives no light to the surrounding area.

There's an additional type of light source that's only available through MTX or by completing league challenges. The lighting is of a single angle (much like sunlight) and can affect other decorations. We'll call these light beams.

Examples

A true light source. The pillar and surrounding area are affected from its light.

A psudo light source. The lighting doesn't affect the pillar even when its in the light.

A light beam. The lighting only comes from directly above.

True Light Sources:
Decoration Name (Master) [Color]

- Catarina [Teal]
- Waypoint [Blue]
- Crypt Fire Pit (Catarina) [White/Orange]
- Torch (Catarina)
- Shore Bonfire (Haku)
- Bird Cage (Zana) [White/Blue]
- Hanging Lamp (Zana)
- Standing Lamp (Zana)
- Candelabrum (Elreon)
- Vaal Fire Pit (Elreon)
- Side Table (Elreon)
- Stand Lamp (Elreon)
- Catapult Ball (Vagan)
- Low Fire Pit (Vorici)

- Wall Candle (Elreon, Enlightened Hideout)

Pseudo Light Sources:
Decoration Name (Master) [Color]

- Elreon
- Vagan
- Tora
- Haku
- Zana
- Navali
- Portals (Default)
- Headstones (Catarina)
- Corruption (Catarina)
- Fetid Smog (Catarina)
- Glowing Embers (Catarina)
- Golden Sparkles (Zana)
- Blessing Font (Elreon)
- Ghostly Fog (Elreon)

Light Beams:
Decoration Name (Obtained From) [Color]

- Light Beam (MTX) [White]
- Challenger Trophy (League Challenge)

Effects/Animations

Effects and animations will offer more than just the normal static decoration. Some decorations have subtle effects and this can be more noticeable if you stack them.

- Decoration Name (Master) [Description]

- Haku [backpack has an effect similar to corruption]
- Vorici [black smoke]
- Elreon [faint orange glow]
- Catarina [orbs and teal clarity circle around her]
- Vagan [swords surround him and white beam]
- Tora [leaves surround her and gold beam]
- Zana [red glow and red maps surround her]
- Leo [no effects lol]
- Portal
- Waypoint [blue rising beam and swirl effect]
- Blessing Font (Elreon) [white beam]
- Tomb Stones (Catarina) [teal smoke]

- Flies (Haku)
- Beachflies (Haku)
- Fly Swarm (Haku)
- Slugs (Haku) [slugs radiate outwards]
- Blown Leaves (Haku) [fast moving leaves]
- Exile (Haku)
- Tree (Vorici)
- Blown Leaves (Vorici) [slower than Haku's leaves]
- Low Fire Pit (Vorici) [mirage effect]
- Stall (Vorici) [slow fabric movement]
- Copper Chest (Elreon) [blue particles, variant 2 & 3]
- Ghostly Fog (Elreon) [teal smoke, radiates outwards]
- Vaal Fire Pit (Elreon) [mirage effect]
- Stand Lamp (Elreon) [smoke and faint orange glow]
- Corruption (Catarina) [red/black smoke, stationary]
- Torch (Catarina) [smoke and faint orange glow]
- Fetid Smog (Catarina) [yellow smoke, stationary]
- Crypt Fire Pit (Catarina) [mirage effect]
- Glowing Embers (Catarina) [small orange floating orbs]
- Corrupted Specks (Catarina) [small black wobbling specks]
- Webbed Stump (Catarina) [struggling human cocoon, variant 2]
- Webbed Remains (Catarina) [struggling human cocoon, variant 11]
- Spider Food (Catarina) [struggling human cocoon, variants 1, 3, 6]
- Catapult Ball (Vagan) [orange smoke around ball, black smoke on trail]
- Palm Group (Tora)
- Bulb Palm (Tora)
- Palm (Tora) [skinnier palm only has animations, fat ones does not]
- Lush Tree (Tora)
- Raphina Tree (Tora)
- Ravenal Tree (Tora)
- Exile (Tora)
- Standing Lamp (Zana) [smoke and orange glow]
- Flag (Zana) [flag blows in wind]
- Golden Sparkles (Zana) [golden glow and sparkles]

- Rain (Catarina) [Unearthed Hideout]
- Waves (Haku) [Coastal Hideout]
- Rushing Water (Tora) [Lush Hideout]

Sounds/Music

Hideouts come with their own ambient sounds but some decorations also have localized sounds.

Decoration Name (Master) [Description] {Music}

- Coastal Hideout (Haku) [seagulls and waves] {Lioneye's Watch}
- Enlightened Hideout (Elreon) [faint screams] {The Library}
- Unearthed Hideout (Catarina) [rain, wind, and church bells] {Chamber of Sins}
- Battle-scarred Hideout (Vagan) [distant sword clashing]
- Backstreet Hideout (Vorici) [wind] {The Slums}
- Lush Hideout (Tora) [birds and localized water] {The Forest}
- Immaculate Hideout (Zana) [???] {Solaris Temple}
- Overgrown Hideout (Leo) [birds] {The Imperial Gardens}

- Portals
- Shore Bonfire (Haku) [crackling fire]
- Raphina Tree (Tora) [tree noises]
- Bulb Palm (Tora) [tree noises]
- Palm Group (Tora) [tree noises]
- Lush Tree (Tora) [tree noises]

FAQs

Q: Why do I have disappearing/flickering decorations, unloaded floors/walls, disappearing shadows, or other graphical glitches?

A: I've noticed this since 3.0 and it's been more frequent in 3.1. The only fix I can find for non-loading assets or graphical glitches would be to restart the client.

Q: Why do some shadows/decorations disappear when I move around my hideout?

A: From what I can tell decorations far off-screen will unload. This means that tall decorations (such as trees) with long shadows will be unloaded when far enough away.

Q: Some decorations look different than when I last played.

A: I know at least two decorations have been changed, Zana's flag and Elreon's copper chest. The models for these ID's were probably changed to fit an expansion (such as the Lunaris symbol).

Q: Why are there black areas or weirdly lit areas within my hideout?

A: This often happens when there are several light sources on a single tile. I suspect this is a limitation of the game engine or something along those lines. Either spread out your lighting or cover the affected areas up with a decoration.

Q: Why does my floor flicker?

A: This problem occurs when there are planes on the exact same axis of each other. There's not much that you can do other than separating the decorations so they don't overlap. It is not a problem exclusive to this game and I am unsure if there will be a fix to it.

Q: How do I get more masters in my hideout?

A: Level up your hideout. Lv3 = 2 masters, Lv5 = 4 masters, Lv7 = 7 masters.

Q: When do master shops have new inventory?

A: As soon as you start the daily. This is true for all masters and completing/failing the mission is irrelevant. If you would just like to refresh the shop type /abandon_daily.

Q: When do master dailies reset?

A: All dailies reset at midnight UTC.

Q: How do I get my hideout showcased?

A: I don't know GGG's criteria for showcased hideouts. I do know that they regularly check the forums. Just put in effort making your hideout look awesome and maybe you can be showcased!

Q: How do I get more than one hideout?

A: You get one hideout per league. Make characters on multiple leagues and level your masters to get more hideouts.

Q: How do I get a smaller hideout?

A: Unfortunately you can't get lower tier hideouts once you've upgraded to a higher tier. You can, however, keep the same tier hideout regardless of what the master level is. This applies to challenge trophies as well.

Q: What happens to my hideout/masters on temp league after it ends?
"
Wiki wrote:
When a challenge league ends and merges with a permanent league, your favour totals from each league will be combined, and you will retain your highest master level between the two leagues. The hideout with the highest number of decorations will be retained. If you wish to ensure that a specific hideout is saved when a merge occurs, it is recommended to empty your other hideout of all decorations, which can be easily completed by claiming a new hideout.

Q: Why do my decorations deselect when trying to place them?

A: This is due to the Pathfinder's Natures Boom ascendancy. When the flasks refill charges for some reason it will deselect the decoration on your cursor. Unequip flasks to place decorations normally.

Decoration_Combinations

Playlist

01: The Aquarium
02: Giant Skeleton
03: Giant Sarcophagus
04: The Fountain
05: The Catacombs
06: Limit Management & Finishing
07: The Pipe Organ Pt.1
08: The Pipe Organ Pt.2

Old Video: The Train

Combining decorations to achieve the look of something new may be a daunting task. I've tried to simplify the steps necessary in order to make the process easier. Refer to the video guide for how to apply them within hideouts.

1. Objective

What you want to create in your hideout. Your sense of what is and isn't possible within the game will get stronger the more you get familiar with decorations.

2. Reference Picture

Simply Google image search the object in order to get a better idea of the visual requirements needed to create it.

3. Distinguishing Features

List off each of the features that make-up the object. You're looking for features that define the object which will make it readable in-game.

4. Decoration Criteria

The criteria that a decoration needs to fulfill in order to become a feature for the object. It may take several different types of decorations to create a feature, this is the most difficult step of the process.

Shape:
The shape of the decoration. Round, pointed, flat, etc.

Height:
The height or Z axis of the decoration. Is the decoration high or low enough to use?

Texture/Material/Color:
What the decoration is made out of. Do you need smooth or rough, wooden or metal, green or red, etc.

5. Execution & Refinement

Orientation:
Before creating your custom decoration consider what its orientation, or rotation, should be. What angle would be best to show it off?

Construction:
Create the custom decoration with each of the distinguishing features.

Concealing Decorations:
Cover up anything you don't want to be seen.

Background & Surroundings:
Blend the decoration into the hideout.

Lighting:
Apply lighting to it if necessary.

Giant Tree

Fountain

Furries

Color_Theory

Color theory is an extremely complex (and subjective) term used in visual arts. However, for the purposes of this guide I'll try explain how to use color for the benefit of your own hideout. A hideout doesn't have to be colorful to be good but it does help (a lot) to direct the attention to key areas within your hideout.

Decorations and lighting have relatively low color diversity compared to the rest of the game. The vast majority of decorations are either earthy tones or green with few reds, yellows, blues, and purples. The palettes are muted which give it a grittier and darker atmosphere. There are ways to manipulate color given the limited choices of decorations and tileset filters given at our disposal though.

It should be noted that each hideout has different lighting and filters which will affect color. Though some are subtle, others are obvious and will directly affect the colors of both decorations and light sources. Also note that hideouts with direct light have different 'times' from one another resulting in light being cast from different directions.

Hideouts:

Hideout Name (Lighting) [Filter]

- Coastal Hideout (Direct warm light) [Grey filter on lower terrace]
- Enlightened Hideout (No lighting) [No filters]
- Unearthed Hideout (Soft cool light) [Heavy blue filter]
- Lush Hideout (Direct neutral light) [No filters]
- Backstreet Hideout (Direct warm light) [No filters]
- Battle-scarred Hideout (Direct neutral light) [No filters]
- Immaculate Hideout (No lighting) [No filters]
- Overgrown Hideout (Direct warm light) [No filters]

To demonstrate the use of color within a hideout we will take a look at the Season Two Hideout of the Weeks. They show the different hideout tilesets as well as the variation (or lack thereof) of the color spectrum.

S2:E1 Torture Chamber

S2:E2 Watergate Hamlet

S2:E3 Tranquil Battle-Scarred Hideout

S2:E4 The Scarlet Corsair

S2:E5 The Settlement

S2:E6 The Great Babylonian Ruins

S2:E7 Joe Schmoe vs. The Volcano

Lighting from decorations is dominated by oranges. Make strategic use of these light sources when illuminating your hideout to prevent everything from becoming a giant orange.

Themes

When creating your hideout having a main theme will help you both differentiate your work from others as well as tie in the separate areas into a unified hideout.

FocalPoints

The purpose of a focal point is to draw the attention of the viewer to something unique about your hideout. To garner that attention you can use contrast, complexity, animation, color, or anything else that makes the focal point the center of interest in that particular area. A focal point should be the first thing the viewer notices when seeing a picture. Focal points are important to not overly clutter your hideout. Basically it's quality over quantity, less is more, etc.

Here are some examples of focal points that I've used in my previous hideouts.

Probably my best work. It contrasts the surrounding area well in terms of color, contrast, and complexity. When you view the image you immediately look at the statue.

In this example the blue flags take away a bit of attention. However, the animation from both the tree's shadow and the copper chest particles help draw the eye to the model of the Shaper's realm. The Shaper statue is a secondary focal point.

A less refined example. Whilst I did make good use of lighting, there really isn't much to differentiate the central tree from the surrounding area.

A bad example. It's just a clusterfuck. The focal point is supposed to be the steam machine with the iron maiden. The gold pile in the back and the orrey in front catch most of the attention.

Focal points do not have to be flashy. They can show off something simplistic as well. In this example I made a set of stairs. Whilst the silhouette of the stairs neatly contrasts against the wall the individual steps are hard to distinguish. We can remedy this with lighting.

Placing a lamp does help differentiate the different steps somewhat but the fire draws all of the attention.

Using a wide light beam neatly shows each individual step. It's a very subtle difference but it does enhance this particular area.

Don't want to spend the MTX for the beam? Challenger trophies share beam lighting but can only shine light vertically. It makes for a bolder impact since the lighting is stronger.

Another thing to consider are objects that obscure the vision of both the player and the focal points. Ideally you'd want to keep these at a minimum unless you purposefully want to do it. In this example there are two trees in the forest blocking both the shrine and the large tree which are the focal points for this area.

We replace them with different tree decorations that do not show the top parts. The focal points are now fully visible and we maintain the suggestion of trees within the forest.

Take into account of what you want you want to be focused on in your hideout. Cluttered visuals tend to meld everything together with no places that particularly stand out. That isn't to say the non-focal points need to be bland either. Just make sure that it's you that dictates the order of what should be seen and not leave it up to the viewer.

Flooring

Changing the floor of a hideout enables you to better manipulate the atmosphere of your hideout. Be warned, some floor decorations will clip the feet of your character. Some decorations are also quite demanding on the decoration limit (750) so it's best to use them sparingly. Below are some of the options for flooring. They are mostly neat decorations and not rubble or limit demanding.

Decoration name [Master]

- Mat [Elreon]
- Scattered Books [Elreon]
- Crypt Rubble [Catarina]
- Crypt Tomb [Catarina]
- Webbed Remains [Catarina]
- Rug [Tora]
- Path [Tora]
- Road Trim [Tora]
- Railway [Vorici]
- Stone Pieces [Vagan]
- Metal Beam [Vagan]
- Beam [Vagan]
- Gear [Vagan]
- Disk [Vagan]
- Metal Plate [Vagan]
- Pipe Kit [Zana]
- Mat [Zana]
- Red Carpet [Zana]

Illusion_of_Space

Feeling like the hideouts are too small? There's some tricks that can be used to give the illusion that the hideout is larger than it actually is. Many of the techniques abuse the faux-isometric perspective that the game is locked in. By utilizing these techniques you can avoid a cramped and claustrophobic atmosphere.

To get the illusion of space the area doesn't need to be walkable. It only needs to look like it could be walked on.

The left and right areas of the room can't be walked on. But the stairs leading up to the platforms give the illusion that it could be.

By using the perspective to our advantage it might be preferable to actually block off some areas of walkable ground. In this example I limited the area the viewer can walk to prevent them from seeing water on the right side.

Red is the hideout border. Yellow is walkable ground.

The first trick is to add doors on your walls or edges. This is more psychological than visual. It implies to the viewer that something is behind it and thus your hideout is bigger. The door can be opened or closed. If it's open we only need to show a small area of what's behind it.

There's only water behind that door.

Ladders work too!

Making walls that the viewer can't see above is a way to block off vision to an otherwise empty area. Similar to doors it gives the illusion that something's there when it's not. Here are some side-by-side examples of how walls can help mask the hideout borders.

Here are some tall decorations that can obscure the viewer's camera:
Fellshrine Ruins [Catarina]
Large Church Wall Arch [Catarina]
Sarn Archway [Vagan]
Crane (all of them) [Vagan]
Lighthouse Ruins [Haku]
Various Trees [Catarina] [Tora]
Slum Building [Vorici]

Decorations only let you place their center (the yellow circle) on walkable ground. There are some decorations that are long which allow you put the decoration's tips over the border. By doing this you can easily cover up areas close to the border of your hideout.

A bridge extending the gap.

A combination of multiple decorations blocking the water. EXCUSE THE QUALITY.

It can be subtle too. Paths cover up the unwalkable damaged areas.

Here is a list of some long decorations:
Colossus Sword [Tora]
Colossus Leg [Tora]
Dark Cargo Wagon [Vagan]
Crane (fallen) [Vagan]

Finally the last technique to use is covering up the base hideout. Many players would know the size of the hideout already. By covering up any landmarks or familiarity it can both remove the viewer's bearings and increase the believability of space.

Showcasing

Now that you've finished your hideout it's the time to showcase it. Presentation is important! Poor presentation may lead people to not view your hideout at all. Spend a bit of time to present your hideout in a way that showcases the effort you've put into it.

One of the most common mistakes is not adding image/url BB code. Not many people will bother to highlight and paste the image link you've put in your post. Don't worry BB code is simple, simply add the image tags around the image url or highlight the image url in your post and click the "Image" button at the top.

The forums will automatically scale down your images to fit. If you'd like to display your images in higher resolution you can use an image host such as imgur.com and make an album. Don't forget to add the url code so people can click on it.

Do not add spoiler tags for each and every screenshot. Having to click on every spoiler tag serves no purpose other than annoying the viewer.

Another common mistake is taking screenshots with the game UI on. The game UI will both distract viewers and obscure things you may want to be seen. Below are two examples, one with the game UI on and one without.

There are various obstructions cause in the UI, most of them are avoidable through the options menu.
1) Buffs
2) Chat
3) HP/MP numbers
4) The bottom UI
5) Highlighting
6) Summons/Pets
7) Mini HP bars
8) Performance statistics
9) Minimap/Overlay map
10) Quest tracker

In addition, the screenshot has Japanese censors. Lower the target frame rate to get a better screenshot as well as increase the graphics quality. If your computer barely runs PoE you can always ask a friend to take screen shots (unless if you're SSF).

This screenshot lacks any UI. The bottom UI was cropped off since there's no option to turn it off. You don't have to crop it though.

Sometimes dressing up may add a bit to the presentation to your hideout but sometimes you can just be a Predator™. To achieve the transparent character effect use a Quartz Flask with Phase Run. When both of the buffs expire your character will have invisibility with no time limit, perfect for videos and screenshots.

When doing a video mute your mic unless you want to talk during the video. Ensure that you capture the game in the correct aspect ratio as well as leave out the window borders. OBS is a great video capturing program that allows customization of output files and is watermark free.

If you're doing a video and would like better camera movement consider lowering your movement speed. Making your character slower will give more time for the viewer to process the atmosphere and detail of your hideout.

Here is a feedback post detailing the state of favor as it is currently. Hopefully GGG will implement more ways to improve the grind for favor.
Last edited by Sie_Sayoka on Jan 30, 2019, 2:24:16 AM
HE'S POPPIN OFF
Here is a feedback and bug thread for hideouts.

My hideouts have been submitted to the contest and threads for them will be up within the next couple days. I'll be able to work more on the guide after I finish up my challenges.
I am really impressed with the amount of work you put into this guide. This is a bookmarked thread, for sure.
The chance to Vaal +1% maximum resists on an amulet is less than 1/300.
Thank you.
sayoka is the smartest man i know

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info