Bugged lights on hideouts

Lighting is kinda bugged and shows some shadow squares:

Spoiler
* Cheers from Argentina, the land of ping and packet loss *

#HYPEGATE

GMT -3
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
YES! Finally someone reported this aswell.

Look at my hideout, its disgusting: http://fii.cz/uxcyjb
Last edited by Diphal on Aug 30, 2014, 3:10:46 AM
I've had the same bug since FM came out. I assume it is a bug specific to Hideouts and the various lighting sources you can implement there. Nothing game-breaking, of course, but it is still quite tacky. Anyways, this is what my particular lighting/shadow bug looks like:

Spoiler
Sorry guys but it's in the known issues list and has been for a long long time now, same deal with to many lights acting on a tile causing it to black out...what you have is a minor case but it can go full black
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
Sorry guys but it's in the known issues list and has been for a long long time now, same deal with to many lights acting on a tile causing it to black out...what you have is a minor case but it can go full black
I am certainly comforted in knowing that this is on the radar for GGG. I did not know it was a known issue, or that it isn't a recent issue (I never came across it in the many months I've been plaing). It isn't terribly important when compared to other, more serious bugs, but I will keep an eye on future patch notes to see if this gets fixed at some point.

Thank you for letting us know, lagwin1980. :)
It also happens to me, but only when I tab out of the game. I use Steam version on Win 8.1 ...

Currently re-entering my hideout fixes it ...
I like many kinds of games 😊
Last edited by ArchSecter on Sep 19, 2014, 2:30:34 PM
My Hideout's Lighting Bugs. I've tried moving torches but it's just ignoring their lighting unless you put a torch on every square which looks silly so I'm leaving it this way for now. GGG will probably be able to fix this sometime when they have time. This is a very complex problem that could be solved but it would take some serious engineering know-how to do so. The problem is that each client probably has pre-rendered lighting data for each possible custom map and this data isn't optimized because it would be too difficult to do so. One possible solution would be to allow global minimal lighting levels and colors to be applied to each map that each user could for their hideout. Another possible solution would be to have each tile share the nearest neighbor's values if light sources are applied and coat the default lighting of the map AFTER the dynamic torches/lamps are rendered and not beforehand. (source: former amateur level designer enthusiast)

Screenshots inside

Read the known issues thread.

There is no need to post about this. It has to do with too many light sources. It is a byproduct of the tech used.
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info