[Guide] Hideout References

hey guys, one question: how lvl that alva? need kill miniboses in temple? or lvl up rooms?
"
mndstrm wrote:
hey guys, one question: how lvl that alva? need kill miniboses in temple? or lvl up rooms?

Open and upgrade as many rooms as you can and clear them in the temple
PoE House

A hideout sharing site currently in early development. It is functional and you can upload your hideouts here.

If you would like to provide feedback or bugs you can contact Gremming on the forums or on Discord Blemming#3047
Is it possible to buy old decorations as Blessing font for example? I used your calculator to import a hideout and those kind of decorations appear as "No info" in his buyer col.
"
DENEBB wrote:
Is it possible to buy old decorations as Blessing font for example? I used your calculator to import a hideout and those kind of decorations appear as "No info" in his buyer col.

It doesn't seem like you can get those decorations anymore, they may be legacy. The site isn't mine I'm merely helping promote it.
Leveling Masters

Seeing as there's much confusion as to how to level masters I'll put down my observations. This is in no way definitive but should lead you into the right direction. The information icon next to the masters' level gives a vague explanation on to how to level them but its not very useful as to the criteria of their max level. Area level affects the amount of favor gained, not the amount of master exp.

"
Jatin_GGG wrote:
To level up Zana, complete maps in your Atlas:
Complete 4 maps for level 2.
Complete 10 maps for level 3.
Complete 25 maps for level 4.
Complete 50 maps for level 5.
Complete 80 maps for level 6.
Complete 120 maps for level 7.
This does NOT require you to get the bonus objective for the maps.

To level up Alva, explore rooms in the Temple of Atzoatl.
Explore 15 rooms for level 2.
Explore 30 rooms for level 3.
Explore 40 rooms for level 4.
Explore 50 rooms for level 5.
Explore 60 rooms for level 6.
Explore 70 rooms for level 7.
"Exploring" a room is to simply walk into a room. Each room only counts once regardless of getting it again in another Temple. A T3 room counts as a T1 and and T2 as well, so a T3 room counts are exploring 3 rooms rather than 1.

To level up Nko, Delve deeper in the Azurite Mine:
Reach depth 10 for level 2.
Reach depth 20 for level 3.
Reach depth 50 for level 4.
Reach depth 90 for level 5.
Reach depth 140 for level 6.
Reach depth 200 for level 7.

To level up Einhar, capture monsters in the Bestiary.
Capture 5 monsters for level 2.
Capture 20 monsters for level 3.
Capture 45 monsters for level 4.
Capture 80 monsters for level 5.
Capture 120 monsters for level 6.
Capture 160 monsters for level 7.
Capture monsters you have already captured does NOT count towards this. You can view what you've already capture in the Bestiary in-game in the Challenge/Achievements Panel (default key "H") and navigate to the "Bestiary" tab.

Zana
"Complete more Maps on the Atlas to increase Zana's Level."
As far as I can tell just fill out your atlas and she should reach max level.

Niko
"Delve deeper into the Azurite Mine to increase Niko's Level."
Reach level 200 depths to get max level. This is confirmed by myself. Because master progress is shared through all the leagues doing a delve equal to or higher than this will max him. With some investment it will be easy to level him as Sulphite Scarabs are available, just make sure you do these maps on the highest possible tier for more sulphite.

Einhar
"Capture more monsters in the Bestiary to increase Einhar's level."
Despite what the description says I'm unsure if that is the only criteria. Capturing more beasts definitely helps but what brought me from 6>7 was killing a Beastiary Boss. If you still need to level him don't forget to do the bosses. You can also use Bestiary Scarabs to focus on him.

Alva
"Explore more rooms in the Temple of Atzoatl to increase Alva's Level"
By far the hardest master to level. There's no way to focus on her (like with scarabs) and her room selection is random, essentially giving a double RNG gate. You gain exp for her only from the present day temple (walk into the room) with around 19-22 lv3 rooms required to max her.

There are some other ways to increase the likelihood of a master appearing such as A Master Seeks Help prophecy. Ultimately, however, it's just RNG and time spent on grinding. My suggestion is to grind as many maps as you can as fast as you can.

Maps
Doing masters in maps does have some benefits such as:
• Higher Sulphite gains
• More favor
• Throne of Atziri Room (unconfirmed)
• Different beasts (unconfirmed)

The Atlas of Worlds room can spawn in acts.

Alva Farming
The Quarry is the best place to farm Alva can only spawn on the 3rd level up from the Waypoint. By running along 3 of the 4 sides you can determine if Alva is in the instance. This should be much faster than maps despite the higher master occurance? in maps ans Atlas missions.

Possible Alva spawn locations.

Farming her in a rota is the most efficient way to raise her level. Each member runs their own instance and when a lv3 room can be upgraded they check with the other members to see who needs to join. Similarly when doing the present day temple they can say the rooms they have.

I jumped from 11 room challenges and lv6 Alva to 19 and Lv7 in the span of around 4 hours with a party of 5.

The room challenge and Alva level are not connected, meaning you could have completed the room challenge and not have maxed Alva or vice versa. If you've bought the room challenges you're fucked as there is no tracking that I know of which can tell you which rooms you've visited. If you play more than one league you're also fucked as I've heard level progress doesn't share cross-league. You only need to walk into the room in the present day temple to gain her exp.
Last edited by Sie_Sayoka on Jan 14, 2019, 6:42:12 PM

The Eastern Temple

Pastebin
Hideout Showcase
PoE House

Total costs: 14,099,510
Total decorations: 762
Niko, Master of the Depths Level: 7
Einhar, Beastmaster Level: 7
Alva, Master Explorer Level: 7
Zana, Master Cartographer Level: 7

Not a new hideout but I'm posting it here since the old thread became locked for some reason. I did a few minor changes and it's now available as a template.

Spoiler

Last edited by Sie_Sayoka on Jan 29, 2019, 6:30:49 AM
New Decorations

Total costs: 15,507,620
Total decorations: 378
Pastebin

Above is the approximate cost and number of new decorations available in 3.5.0. They consist of content introduced after the 2.2.0 Forsaken Masters Update (Act 4 and above).

In addition to the new decorations there are also some new variants for old decorations. See decorations under the Temple and Vaal Categories.

Some decorations lack hit boxes meaning the character can walk through them.

Some do not have textures on the back, mainly decorations meant to be against walls.

Some decorations are reskins of old decorations. See decorations under the Slave Pens and Labyrinth categories.

As far as I can tell there is no way to obtain the old crafting benches anymore. Whilst they are still available as variants of the current crafting bench, you will only be limited to one unless you have more from previous leagues.
Favor

Here is a spreadsheet detailing the exact favor gained for maps and some act areas. Being able to efficiently farm favor is more important than ever with the changes to decoration costs (more on that in a future post!). This post will detail the changes for favor as well as the several different strategies on how to gain favor.

Overview of the Changes

Here you can view some of the pre 3.5.0 favor values. Master Level 8 would spawn at an area level of 76, comparable to a T9 map. By comparing the values pre and post 3.5.0 gaining favor is comparable, if not, better.

Pre 3.5.0 Single Lv8 Master Daily 24k Favor
Pre 3.5.0 Lv7 Rota 60k Avg Favor (68k Zana Avg.)

Post 3.5.0 T14-16 4x Atlas Objectives 44k Avg. Favor
Post 3.5.0 T14-16 Rota 264k Avg. Favor

The above example would be the amount of favor gained from dailies. Values can be increased based upon how many leagues they are done in. Taking a look at these values, the new system seems much better for gaining favor than the old. However there are many issues with the current system which make purchasing decorations worse than before.

Issues

The biggest issue with the current system is that the decoration costs have been "rebalanced" that is to say they now cost 2-4x as much as pre 3.5.0. It is difficult to determine exactly how much more grinding you'll have to do for favor but it's safe to say it will be several times more than previously.

Because dailies are tied to maps they will no longer be "free" and thus require investment both in maps and the associated costs that come with them.

Likewise the amount of time needed to complete dailies has been increased. Even though it's only 4 dailies instead of 7 the time potentially becomes greater because of trading and map clearing.

Rotations are not a thing anymore as most people did them to raise master level for crafting options.

Favor Farming

Next we will discuss farming favor. Some options are better than others but it entirely depends on what resources are available to you i.e. SSF, currency, build type, etc. Before we can talk about farming favor we first have to look into how favor is gained and the rules associated with them.

Rules

As far as I know there are four? different ways to gain favor, with only two being renewable. Here is a spreadsheet of the spawnrates of masters in maps and quarry. These numbers are not accurate by any means but will give a general idea of what their rates are.

General Rules:
• Favor is based on area level.
• Favor has no bonus modifiers anymore.
• Zana's favor is based on the mission map tier.
• Zana's mission maps are the same as a regular map, with the exception of being able to spawn herself.

Random Master Mission:
• Can occur in maps with a 33% to spawn.
• Can occur in acts with 33%? to spawn.

Atlas Objective:
• Will spawn one for each master on the daily reset. UTC 0:00
• Has a chance to spawn (10%?) after killing a map boss.
• The tier depends on the previous map completed. It will spawn +/- 1 tier with the exceptions of T16 which can spawn T14-16 and T1 which can spawn T1-3.

Unlocking a Hideout:
• Will provide a small amount of favor upon unlocking.
• One-time favor bonus.

Zana's Questline/Memory Fragments:
• Untested if they give favor in 3.5.0.
• One-time favor bonus.

Soloing

This method is available to anyone. Do atlas missions and maps and receive favor passively. The more maps you do, the more masters will spawn. Exclusively running T16 maps should net around 68k per hour.

Daily Rotations

Rotations offer 5x as much favor in a party but they aren't a thing anymore. I suggest doing around T9 maps in rotations as they offer a number of benefits than running T15s.

• Safer
• Cheaper
• Faster
• Only 14% less favor

Scarabs

Sulphite and Bestiary provide a 100% spawn chance for Niko and Einhar respectively. I suggest using Rusted Bestiary Scarabs as they are cheaper and work better in a party because of how beasts and sulphite is shared. Doing T16 maps with scarabs provide the highest favor gain in the game with, assuming a map clear time of 3~ minutes, a rate of 200k favor/hour. It is suggested to change your atlas around an elder map for map sustain and reliable clear times.

This method wont be available to everyone and requires considerable investment. Scarabs will only be a temporary "solution" to the favor problem because they are exclusive to Betrayal league.

Quarry Farming

Quarry farming may be advantageous if you do not have the capital nor build capable of doing scarab farming. It has less favor than scarabs and offers virtually no income. Farming Quarry can give around 150k favor an hour, depending on how much movement speed you have. This method potentially has the highest favor gains per hour in a party but then you's have to farm Quarry. See Alva farming.

• Only Alva/Niko can spawn here. Zana and Einhar can not.
• Spawn locations are only on the third floor from the waypoint.
• Niko always has 1 sulphite node.
• The approximate spawn rate of the masters are around 15-20%.
• Only kill architects and leave the incursion for more efficiency.

Prophecies

A Master Seeks Help prophecy increases the rate at which a master can spawn. Because it only slightly increases the spawn rate of a master I don't suggest this method at all if you're only looking for favor.

Conclusions

Both rotations and scarabs will net a similar favor rate of around 200k/hr. Quarry farming will net a bit less solo and potentially more in a party. Prophecies are just above soloing. Lastly soloing, or just doing maps, will give the least favor per hour.
Last edited by Sie_Sayoka on Feb 4, 2019, 10:17:21 PM
Light Sources

3.5.0 Video
3.6.0 Video

We will define a light source as any decoration that casts light and affects the surrounding area. This will differentiate it from decorations such as effects or lights that don't affect the surrounding area. In addition there are decorations that cast light only in a certain direction and not radially like most light sources, we will call this light beams.

A true light source. The pillar and surrounding area are affected from its light.

A psudo light source. The lighting doesn't affect the pillar even when its in the light.

A light beam. The lighting only comes from one direction and does not diffuse.

Light beams are not obtainable through purchasing from masters. They are either MTX items or league trophies. Below is a list of all light beams.
• Challenger Trophy
• Wide Light Beam
• Fireplace
• Cauldron

Each light source has its own intensity and radius of light. Some have a very high intensity but low radius such as innocence candles. The intensity of light can be increased by stacking most light sources. Some, like the red variants of the Innocence Candelabra do not increase in intensity by stacking.

On the left is a single light source, on the right is multiple stacked.

Light sources can be blended as well to create different hues of color.

When designing your hideout take into account the ambient light and filters of the tileset and how they interact with the light sources you place in it.

Pseudo Light Sources

3.5.0 Video
3.6.0 Video

We will define a pseudo light source as a decoration that has light but does not cast it upon the surrounding area. Some pseudo light sources are affected by surrounding light such as fog and glass decorations. Some remain constant such as candles. Because pseudo light sources only affect themselves it can lead to some interesting interactions in dark areas.

MTX Light Sources

Thank you Derrok for the help!

MTX light sources offer unique selections of color and properties that you wouldn't find with 'normal' decorations. 3 out of 4 light beams are found in the shop as well as good blue lighting (with the exception of arcane decorations). More information on each specific MTX decoration will be found in the MTX post of the guide (which isn't up yet).

Legacy Light Sources

Legacy light sources are decorations that are not purchasable from neither masters nor the MTX shop. Challenger trophies are obtainable from temp league rewards. The headstones and blessing font decorations are variants of the current crafting bench but to have multiples of them requires that you've played past leagues. The other decorations listed are not obtainable anymore.

The above lists are by no means comprehensive nor display the true colors. They are merely for reference.
Last edited by Sie_Sayoka on Mar 21, 2019, 2:47:08 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info