Protecting your "PRECIOUS" economy ain't working so give up and fix desync instead

Expose him, report him and call the police.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
"
goetzjam wrote:
"
LostKavi wrote:
"
Goetzjam, I desync constantly. Even my arcer without any movement skill desyncs like there is no tomorrow.
Not every death I had was desync, but the only one I remember that really was my fault, and not caused by packs of Rhoas / Blackguard Elites totally-not-equivalent-to-oneshots / Magnus Stonethorn / that Lightning Exile (with 77 % lightning res, which should be enough) / Mina Minara Minion Instability nuke, was when I Vaal Ice nova'd a Strongbox with a reflect mob in it.

And now don't say it's my internet speed that's insufficient.

By this point, I am convinced that Goetzjam exists soley to troll through the forums and find threads critisizing the game, and then post "There is no problem. The cake is a lie."

What's the saying about mudwrestling with a pig? You both get dirty, but the pig likes it?

After looking at that connection and your PC specs (in your signature) I am truly dumbfounded that you have the issues you do with desync constantly. My PC is older in terms of hardware (still a solid machine) and I have a slower connection (not bad though) and the only desync I really see is specifically from skills known to cause the issue. Trying to leap slam across 77 shrine map doorways and alike.

Have you been to the technical forum and run that tool people use to determine the hops to the gateway server? I'd be interested in knowing if something is delaying the packets on the way.

I don't exist soley to "troll" I exist to make counterarguments to certain things I view as a non issue or not as large of an issue was people make it out to be.

Did you just call me a pig @lostkavi?

Judging by your responses trolling is exactly what it looks like. You can't possibly believe the stuff you say.

You really don't think people desync once a minute? By the time I use my oos macro and move to the next mob pack I am already out of sync again. I literally can't spam oos fast enough to keep up with the problem because ggg has put a limitation on it. And that's just by walking, I can't even put whirling blades in my gear any more because it will be a death sentence. A problem that literally eliminates any attempt to move faster than walking speed for any build using daggers or claws.

And the melee builds you listed, LOL. Ground slam marauder that's a good one mate. Pseudo melee at its best and not even a good argument in the first place because it's not even comparable to tornado shot or flame blast at all, not even the least bit comparable.

It's like you're really going to try to convince me melee is good by telling me to switch from crit dagger to two hander. LOL

Nah, you are trolling plain and simple.
my evasion is so high i only insta rip sometimes
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
Last edited by Legatus1982 on Jan 27, 2015, 12:28:37 PM
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
Legatus1982 wrote:

So what IS the point? Because as usual you didn't bother to make one.

Maybe if you had pointed something out specific that was wrong with the original post in question someone could explain to you why you're wrong, but since your post boils down to "lolz, u bad" (a noticeable pattern from you people) it's hard to say anything.

Desync is the penalty that pays for the extra security provided by having things done by the server. In this case, it was proven an ineffective form of security thus making the penalty you all pay in the form of desync completely meaningless. Show something that proves that wrong or gtfo.

I made my point at the bottom of page 1 of this thread.

The point where police exist in real life without causing desync and are completely necessary to prevent MURDER THEFT and RAPE? That's your so called point about security in an INTERNET VIDEOGAME where security was prioritized OVER GAMEPLAY and DID cause desync? Yeah okay pal good point there
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
Last edited by Legatus1982 on Jan 27, 2015, 12:33:22 PM
"
almostdead wrote:
"
Legatus1982 wrote:

Maybe if you had pointed something out specific that was wrong with the original post in question someone could explain to you why you're wrong

Sure
"
Legatus1982 wrote:
you are dealing with desync for literally no reason at all

There obviously is a reason

"
Legatus1982 wrote:

Desync is the penalty that pays for the extra security provided by having things done by the server. In this case, it was proven an ineffective form of security thus making the penalty you all pay in the form of desync completely meaningless. Show something that proves that wrong or gtfo.

No, it is not proven ineffective. Just because a few hacks are possible and game contains some bugs doesn't make it ineffective.

"
Legatus1982 wrote:

4. Wealth in these leagues are you even kidding? Let me ask you a question how many exalts have you had ACTUALLY DROP for you? Now tell me how many exalts you have in your stash. Now answer me this question: how is it that everyone has all those exalts in their stashes and nobody is getting them as drops? HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.

And you know that noone is getting them as drops how? That's right, you don't.

Any idiot can watch endless hours of steamers not getting exalt orb drops and you know damn well the vast majority of those orbs came from bots. Don't even try that shit.

There is no reason to prioritize security against hacks when bots exist to begin with, and since the dupes and hacks clearly DO EXIST that is in fact proof that the security is INEFFECTIVE at its intended purpose.
-----
Bug Fixes:
Last edited by Legatus1982 on Jan 27, 2015, 12:39:00 PM

"
Judging by your responses trolling is exactly what it looks like. You can't possibly believe the stuff you say.

If I don't believe the stuff I say, then why would I say it?

"
You really don't think people desync once a minute? By the time I use my oos macro and move to the next mob pack I am already out of sync again. I literally can't spam oos fast enough to keep up with the problem because ggg has put a limitation on it. And that's just by walking, I can't even put whirling blades in my gear any more because it will be a death sentence. A problem that literally eliminates any attempt to move faster than walking speed for any build using daggers or claws.

Once a minute no freaking way, even when I played cyclone before the changes in 1.3 I didn't desync that much. The macro actually only has a 10 second cooldown, are you really desyncing more then once a minute? Can you please for the love of all thats holy post your hardware and connection specs?
In addition please follow the steps here and run that traceroute from the program:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/361292

If you do nothing else going forward please get me that information so I can compare.

"
And the melee builds you listed, LOL. Ground slam marauder that's a good one mate. Pseudo melee at its best and not even a good argument in the first place because it's not even comparable to tornado shot or flame blast at all, not even the least bit comparable.

I am sorry, but I just mentioned other builds simply to tell you to TRY something new, you didn't even reply about facebreakers duelist. Stop trying compare builds that aren't similar or you'll never be happy, really as simple as that. That is like me complaining about shatterchuck because it freezes the whole screen, different mechanics, ect.

"
It's like you're really going to try to convince me melee is good by telling me to switch from crit dagger to two hander. LOL

I'm not trying to convince you anything, simply stating my PoV.

"
Nah, you are trolling plain and simple

You know me always be trolling. /s

You seem to be one of those people that are always complaining about something, what is this other game you mentioned that the devs fix stuff constantly in, cause I'd like to know.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
Played swtor for years, by far the worst game when it came to balance and not nearly as terribly balanced as poe. Not by a long shot. Melee was every bit as good as ranged and in many cases even better than ranged. I got plenty of play out of all 8 classes and they were all fun. Held world records for a time with a variety of classes.

Played plenty of mobas. Never seen the type of imbalance you would see in poe between a whirling blades build and flame blast build. Leap slam and lightning warp are at least serviceable as both movement and damage skills, while whirling blades is the absolute trash of the universe even WITHOUT considering desync.

Played d2, played all mobas, played Wow, played d3, played star craft, hell I've been a gamer since I was a kid. I've played more games than I could possibly remember and NONE of them came even close to having the type of imbalance you'd see in a viper strike build compared to tornado shot ranger. It's FUCKING ABSURD

And my connection is perfectly fine, almost 0 packet loss and able to download at several MB per second. There are even people here who have ALREADY POSTED THEIR CONNECTING STATS. And you're still going to try to tell us it's our connection that's the problem, it's like you can't even be reasoned with.
-----
Bug Fixes:
Last edited by Legatus1982 on Jan 27, 2015, 1:00:58 PM
"
Played swtor for years, by far the worst game when it came to balance and not nearly as terribly balanced as poe. Not by a long shot. Melee was every bit as good as ranged and in many cases even better than ranged. I got plenty of play out of all 8 classes and they were all fun. Held world records for a time with a variety of classes.

People played swtor?

"
Played plenty of mobas. Never seen the type of imbalance you would see in poe between a whirling blades build and flame blast build. Leap slam and lightning warp are at least serviceable as both movement and damage skills, while whirling blades is the absolute trash of the universe even WITHOUT considering desync.

How is this relevant at all to the discussion at hand?

"
Played d2, played all mobas, played Wow, played d3, played star craft, hell I've been a gamer since I was a kid. I've played more games than I could possibly remember and NONE of them came even close to having the type of imbalance you'd see in a viper strike build compared to tornado shot ranger. It's FUCKING ABSURD

When you compare these other types of games that don't have anywhere near the complexity or differences your going to have a bad time. MOBAS in general go through periods of inbalances, but much like PoE's league system they disappear or change after a certain amount of time.

"
And my connection is perfectly fine, almost 0 packet loss and able to download at several MB per second. There are even people here who have ALREADY POSTED THEIR CONNECTING STATS. And you're still going to try to tell us it's our connection that's the problem, it's like you can't even be reasoned with.

Packetloss has nothing to do with the quality of the connection you have (specifically the route), even if you don't lose packets if it takes too many hops to get to the server your experience will suffer, please spend 5 min (or less) and do what I ask. Prove it isn't an issue on your side then we can discuss this further. The speedtest connection stat isn't what I am looking for, I specifically want the traceroute from your machine to GGG's gateway servers, doesn't matter if you get 100/25 to some random test server when you are comparing connections, in addition you don't seem to understand the difference between a speed test and a trace route, which is completely fine if you aren't technical, but don't argue that they are the same.

I can be reasoned with if you provide what I am asking, you make these claims that I'm lying about having these issues (because you constantly do) doesn't mean that I do, because I don't. This game in general is better then anything else in terms of it's market.

The largest point I want to make is that I know GGG has somethings to work on, when players come here and complain about certain aspects of makes PoE unique and the design aspects of the game, those are things that aren't going to change. Cause and affect things won't change either, for example trusting the client to preform more actions won't happen as GGG rather the gameplay suffer (for some more then others apparently) then to allow for EVEN more cheating then currently goes on.

We are getting a bit off topic, but if you'd please do the thing I asked of you, future conversations won't have to be so derailing.

Back to the topic, OP please tell me how the league economies are screwed up.

FeelsBadMan

"
Once a minute no freaking way

Well fucking good for god damn you.
I desync at E V E R Y mob croup.
Every mobgroup.
Standing still, I desync.
Getting charged, I desync.
Getting knocked back, that's a desync.
Enemies desync like they get paid to do so. That spider running past me? Three screens away, according to the server.
And in no other game do I have any issues with lag. In none.

That fancy tool does fuck all to connect to EU.login.pathofexile.com
google.com works fine.
So I just pinged the server the old fashioned way.

C:\Users\Me, obviously.>ping -n 10 -l 128 EU.login.pathofexile.com

Pinging EU.login.pathofexile.com [37.58.67.220] with 128 bytes of data:
Reply from 37.58.67.220: bytes=128 time=14ms TTL=55
Reply from 37.58.67.220: bytes=128 time=13ms TTL=55
Reply from 37.58.67.220: bytes=128 time=16ms TTL=55
Reply from 37.58.67.220: bytes=128 time=15ms TTL=55

Ping statistics for 37.58.67.220:
Packets: Sent = 10, Received = 10, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 13ms, Maximum = 16ms, Average = 13ms

And my traceroute

C:\Users\me again>tracert EU.login.pathofexile.com

Tracing route to EU.login.pathofexile.com [37.58.67.220]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 - <1 ms - <1 ms - <1 ms fritz.box [___.___.___._]
2 - 3 ms - 4 ms - 2 ms ip-__-___-___-_.dyn.luxdsl.pt.lu [__.___.___._]

3 - * - * - * Request timed out.
4 - 4 ms - 2 ms - 2 ms 213.135.251.89
5 - 4 ms - 2 ms - 4 ms 213.135.251.92
6 - 4 ms - 2 ms - 2 ms 213.135.251.191
7 - * - * - * Request timed out.
8 - 11 ms - 10 ms - 10 ms bbr01.xn01.fra01.networklayer.com [80.81.194.167]
9 - 9 ms - 10 ms - 10 ms ae7.bbr02.xn01.fra01.networklayer.com [50.97.18.219]
10 - 15 ms - 13 ms - 13 ms ae1.bbr01.eq01.ams02.networklayer.com [50.97.18.216]
11 - 14 ms - 13 ms - 13 ms ae5.dar02.sr01.ams01.networklayer.com [50.97.18.239]
12 - 13 ms - 13 ms - 13 ms po2.fcr01.sr01.ams01.networklayer.com [159.253.158.133]
13 - 14 ms - 13 ms - 14 ms 37.58.67.220-static.reverse.softlayer.com [37.58.67.220]

Trace complete.
Obviously, I censored my IP, for obvious reasons.
This is a healthy traceroute. One timeout in the beginning, which is normal, and one in the middle, which is caused most likely by some server's security settings.

A more technical explanation by tech people:
https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/10740286/traceroute-and-request-time-out

ARE YOU HAPPY NOW?

Goetzjam, you could at least try to be less of an obnoxious fanboy. Try to stay rational.
PLEASE!

[Edit because typos I should punch myself for]
We are going to shut down Beyond immigration into our maps until we find out what the Hell is going on!
Last edited by Obliviongamer91 on Jan 27, 2015, 2:03:23 PM

"
Well fucking good for god damn you.
I desync at E V E R Y mob croup.
Every mobgroup.
Standing still, I desync.
Getting charged, I desync.
Getting knocked back, that's a desync.
Enemies desync like they get paid to do so. That spider running past me? Three screens away, according to the server.
And in no other game do I have any issues with lag. In none.

I wonder if legatus is in EU as well, I can only attest to the connection to US gateway and my experiences over 3 different ISP providers, 1 of which being a TETHERED 4g internet connection (I did that while playing on a laptop too).

"
That fancy tool does fuck all to connect to EU.login.pathofexile.com
google.com works fine.
So I just pinged the server the old fashioned way.

That works too. I know legatus has stated he doesn't experience any packet loss while playing, assuming the same for you?

Spoiler
C:\Users\Me, obviously.>ping -n 10 -l 128 EU.login.pathofexile.com

Pinging EU.login.pathofexile.com [37.58.67.220] with 128 bytes of data:
Reply from 37.58.67.220: bytes=128 time=16ms TTL=55
Reply from 37.58.67.220: bytes=128 time=15ms TTL=55

Ping statistics for 37.58.67.220:
Packets: Sent = 10, Received = 10, Lost = 0 (0% loss),
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 13ms, Maximum = 16ms, Average = 13ms

And my traceroute

C:\Users\me again>tracert EU.login.pathofexile.com

Tracing route to EU.login.pathofexile.com [37.58.67.220]

1 - <1 ms - <1 ms - <1 ms fritz.box [___.___.___._]
2 - 3 ms - 4 ms - 2 ms ip-__-___-___-_.dyn.luxdsl.pt.lu [__.___.___._]

3 - * - * - * Request timed out.
4 - 4 ms - 2 ms - 2 ms 213.135.251.89
5 - 4 ms - 2 ms - 4 ms 213.135.251.92
6 - 4 ms - 2 ms - 2 ms 213.135.251.191
7 - * - * - * Request timed out.
8 - 11 ms - 10 ms - 10 ms bbr01.xn01.fra01.networklayer.com [80.81.194.167]
9 - 9 ms - 10 ms - 10 ms ae7.bbr02.xn01.fra01.networklayer.com [50.97.18.219]
10 - 15 ms - 13 ms - 13 ms ae1.bbr01.eq01.ams02.networklayer.com [50.97.18.216]
11 - 14 ms - 13 ms - 13 ms ae5.dar02.sr01.ams01.networklayer.com [50.97.18.239]
12 - 13 ms - 13 ms - 13 ms po2.fcr01.sr01.ams01.networklayer.com [159.253.158.133]
13 - 14 ms - 13 ms - 14 ms 37.58.67.220-static.reverse.softlayer.com [37.58.67.220]

Trace complete.
Obviously, I censored my IP, for obvious reasons.
This is a healthy traceroute. One timeout in the beginning, which is normal, and one in the middle, which is caused most likely by some server's security settings.

"

ARE YOU HAPPY NOW?

Yes, yes I am thanks for providing that. Have you contacted support to look closer at why you might be having performance issues with such a good connection, computer and route? I understand not all of GGG's staff is technical, but they are going to have more things for you to try to improve or fix your issue then someone that mainly just plays the game without issues (like myself)

Surely other people have issues without having potato computer or connection, what work have you done to improve the situation? I know if I had the issues you describe the game would literally be unplayable for me and I'd either do something about it (rather then just complaining, not saying thats all you do) or I would just play another game.

"
Goetzjam, you could at least try to be less of an obnoxious fanboy. Try to stay rational.
PLEASE!

What exactly have I said that is irrational or purely obnoxious, I really do want people that experience the issues you are having to have a better gaming experience, but not at the cost of opinion up more exploits or changing fundamental things that makes PoE what it is.

FeelsBadMan

Last edited by goetzjam on Jan 27, 2015, 2:42:38 PM
"
goetzjam wrote:
Once a minute no freaking way, even when I played cyclone before the changes in 1.3 I didn't desync that much. The macro actually only has a 10 second cooldown, are you really desyncing more then once a minute? Can you please for the love of all thats holy post your hardware and connection specs?

Here's my computer specs:
1. Intel Core-i5 660 (dual core with HT) OC'ed to 3.8GHz
2. 8 GB of DDR3-1600 ram
3. MSI Hawk Radeon HD6870
4. 1 TB SATA hard drive
5. Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
6. Eset Nod32 anti-virus (best AV for low cpu overhead)
7. No other background cpu stealing apps.

I have a 10 Mbit down / 9 Mbit up Internet connection with pings to the US PoE servers in the 40 ms time. I go from my home in Cape Coral, FL to downtown Fort Myers, then out through a 100 Mbit FPL fiber link to Miami, through the nap to Houston, then Dallas, and finally to the PoE server hosting company.

Tracing route to www.pathofexile.com [173.192.44.20]

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms tintagel.cyberstreet.com [204.145.237.1]
2 1 ms 1 ms <1 ms 69.80.74.49
3 3 ms 3 ms 3 ms m1049-mts-10ge-1-1-2.fplfn.net [208.67.166.126]
4 3 ms 3 ms 3 ms 208.67.167.25
5 3 ms 3 ms 4 ms m1070-nap-10ge-2-0-0.fplfn.net [208.67.166.66]
6 3 ms 3 ms 3 ms 198.32.124.221
7 35 ms 35 ms 35 ms ae1.bbr01.sr02.hou02.networklayer.com [173.192.18.162]
8 35 ms 35 ms 35 ms ae3.bbr01.eq01.dal03.networklayer.com [173.192.18.218]
9 35 ms 35 ms 35 ms ae0.dar02.sr01.dal01.networklayer.com [173.192.18.253]
10 35 ms 35 ms 35 ms po2.fcr05.sr06.dal01.networklayer.com [66.228.118.223]
11 35 ms 35 ms 35 ms 173.192.44.20-static.reverse.softlayer.com [173.192.44.20]

Trace complete.

This is a very good low latency connection to SoftLayer.com so the Internet is not causing the amount of desync I typically experience. It fundamentally comes down to GGG's original decision to keep all calculations on the server to reduce client hacks as much as possible. To that end GGG has succeeded for the most part (Maphack and the unfortunate /hideout logic flaw but notwithstanding) and is probably the best arpg in terms of keeping hackers out. But coding the server/client so the exile/mobs position/movement calculations are done server side (server simulation is the final authority) and allowing the client to do it's own position/movement calculations independent of the server simulation so that we get more fluid movement and less input lag, and then at some point a few seconds from now get informed by the server that here is where the server simulation has us at position X, but on the client we actually are at position Y, that this "action prediction" failure happens all too frequently and thus we are jarred (my analogy is a slap in the face) and then pissed when we see the re-synced next frame and our dead exile.

I have very smooth animations with my 3.8 GHz Intel i5 cpu and the Radeon HD6870 has plenty of gpu muscle to power PoE and I never suffer particle effects slowdowns playing solo so my computer handles PoE very well. But if I want to do a Dominus run I must be very careful to go slow otherwise I am guaranteed to get more than 1 desync a minute (right now my build has +64% movement speed so I can desync several times a minute if I move too fast) and I could easily die if I run up on a mob too fast, then run away fast to evade death, only to find out that the server simulation and it's "action prediction" failed again and killed my exile.

"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last edited by Arrowneous on Jan 27, 2015, 2:19:13 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info