Protecting your "PRECIOUS" economy ain't working so give up and fix desync instead

"
Powertrip wrote:
but if we're stalking profiles to make a point, cool....

He saw fit to dig around in my profile last time I engaged him in a bit of conversation, too. Usually, attacking a person and their character ain't a good sign for the strength of an argument, though.
No. Calm down. Learn to enjoy losing.

"
I should have been more clear, not that you are not technical, but that you are not GGG technical staff. What does it matter if you are technical in your own right ? do you have influence on game design ? no.

Ok this clears that statement up.

"
The second point you made, well read the manifesto. POE is based on action prediction, it does not do it well or with consistency, hence desync. If you'd like to see samples of it at work, google path of exile desync, then sort by videos. No wait, they all have bad connections.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/889669

I mean something is different from people having issues and those that don't that's for sure, typically the difference isn't code related when its affecting some but not all, but hell it really could be IDK, not GGG. I made the funny remark it has something to do with my supporter packs, but maybe it has more to do with when a character\account was created, although it likely has more to do with PC>GGG server route, whether that is an ISP issue, PC issue or other routing issue I don't know.

You haven't made a good counter argument to how does dysnc affect all these people so much more then me, when we are running the same code. How can you point to the code when the issue isn't universal?

"
On my characters ? lol I get bored and die. Don't have the time or patience to surt trade channels and minmax like a bouse. HC or SC not sure what character lvl has to do with bad netcode :) but if we're stalking profiles to make a point, cool....[

Naw this part was seperate for a reason, just curious to why you have no high level characters, gotta be desync right? ^_^
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
Sometimes, you have to stop and ask yourself, what is more likely?

A. Thousands of threads and comments about desync have been created as a result of some kind of mass hypnosis.
B. Desync is like swine flu. Horrible for some, bad for most, not much of an issue for some.

"How can you get more desync than me if it's the same code??"

Did you even read the GGG manifesto? Like, the bit about how differential latency (i.e. positioning relative to servers) can have a massive effect on prediction?

Let's put you in an A/B scenario. A: you. B: bad latency.

A: I'm going north!
B: Ditto!

30 ms: A's command to go north gets to the server. Not much has happened in the meanwhile. Client predicts the action pretty much accurately.
350 ms: B's command to go north gets to the server. In the meanwhile the server has moved 3 enemies closer, such that one is blocking that direct path and the character is forced to re-route northwest to go around. Client predicts movement pure north, server makes the character walk around, delaying his movement and making him potentially subject to further unanticipated obstacles. In the meanwhile one of the other enemies is moving in that direction, which forces him even further west due to collision only seen server-side.

Perhaps the best thing would be to implement a maximum ping rate for players, so that you don't have to respond to threads about how other people experience the game differently? Maybe 50 ms, so most desync threads will disappear?
Last edited by davidnn5 on Jan 27, 2015, 5:48:16 PM
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
Legatus1982 wrote:

The point where police exist in real life without causing desync and are completely necessary to prevent MURDER THEFT and RAPE? That's your so called point about security in an INTERNET VIDEOGAME where security was prioritized OVER GAMEPLAY and DID cause desync? Yeah okay pal good point there

I see my little analogy went way over your head. I'll explain it when I'm in the mood.

I'm sure it did, and I'm sure you will. *eyeroll*
my evasion is so high i only insta rip sometimes
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
Last edited by Legatus1982 on Jan 27, 2015, 6:30:59 PM
"
goetzjam wrote:

I mean something is different from people having issues and those that don't that's for sure, typically the difference isn't code related when its affecting some but not all, but hell it really could be IDK, not GGG. I made the funny remark it has something to do with my supporter packs, but maybe it has more to do with when a character\account was created, although it likely has more to do with PC>GGG server route, whether that is an ISP issue, PC issue or other routing issue I don't know.

You haven't made a good counter argument to how does dysnc affect all these people so much more then me, when we are running the same code. How can you point to the code when the issue isn't universal?

"
On my characters ? lol I get bored and die. Don't have the time or patience to surt trade channels and minmax like a bouse. HC or SC not sure what character lvl has to do with bad netcode :) but if we're stalking profiles to make a point, cool....[

Naw this part was seperate for a reason, just curious to why you have no high level characters, gotta be desync right? ^_^

Or maybe some of us don't feel like playing flameblast and tornado shot.

Give viper strike and whirling blades a try and get back to me. Hell, reave is pseudo melee. Give reave a try and get back to me. That one would be pretty lulzy.

I legit can make a video any time you want of me using oos on a ten second timer with my character who just died and watch how much shit moves every 10 seconds. It's beyond retarded and no, it's not my connection.

75ms isn't spectacular but it can hardly be considered excessive latency. I'm pretty good with latency because I used to play another game called continuum, which depended entirely on good latency to the server. And you know what? That game used predictive code in a real time environment just like POE, and had lag issues. Know what else? The desync was a million times less impactful in that game than it is in POE.
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
Last edited by Legatus1982 on Jan 27, 2015, 6:38:48 PM
"
Legatus1982 wrote:
"
goetzjam wrote:

"

Give viper strike and whirling blades a try and get back to me.

People don't use whirling blades as a primary attack, sure theres that one build that did regular atziri with just using it, but it was to prove the build was very strong, not that anyone uses WB for anything other then positioning.

Why would I play viper strike, the skill in general isn't appealing to me. Your only response in such a thread is I dont wanna play those other builds I wanna play MY build, ok well your build sucks, sorry to tell you that, but it does. You act like desync kills you everytime you die, yet you put yourself in a position to get desynced, not saying some improvements can't be made but you don't see me repeatedly bashing my head against the wall do you?

I have a challenge for you, make another melee character and for one of the flask roll a quartz flask, probably with curse immunity, but idc what you roll it with. When moving around places you think you will desync use it instead, let me know how it plays differently, I for one would not be playing the same build, the same way after repeatily dying when I know my connection\computer\combination, ect has had issues with desync.

Keep bringing other games into compare, I really don't care, PoE works WONDERFULLY for me, changing the game so it works for you, when something about your connection, computer, ect is the issue isn't mine or GGG's problem, I suspect you haven't even done anything to attempt to remedy the problem have you? My guess is NOPE, its GGG's fault cause there code and some other dudes having issues and its unplayable, blah blah blah. Take responsibility and do something other then complain, quite frankly I don't care to hear anymore about it until you do something.

FeelsBadMan

Last edited by goetzjam on Jan 27, 2015, 6:40:38 PM
"
goetzjam wrote:

People don't use whirling blades as a primary attack, sure theres that one build that did regular atziri with just using it, but it was to prove the build was very strong, not that anyone uses WB for anything other then positioning.

Why would I play viper strike, the skill in general isn't appealing to me. Your only response in such a thread is I dont wanna play those other builds I wanna play MY build, ok well your build sucks, sorry to tell you that, but it does. You act like desync kills you everytime you die, yet you put yourself in a position to get desynced, not saying some improvements can't be made but you don't see me repeatedly bashing my head against the wall do you?

I have a challenge for you, make another melee character and for one of the flask roll a quartz flask, probably with curse immunity, but idc what you roll it with. When moving around places you think you will desync use it instead, let me know how it plays differently, I for one would not be playing the same build, the same way after repeatily dying when I know my connection\computer\combination, ect has had issues with desync.

Bahaha, so I tell you about some really shit unbalanced skills and the first thing you reply is that my "build sucks". My builds don't use whirling blades, crit dagger has always been considered a strong build, and I only listed viper strike because of how shit it is. Never used it except in my last iteration of MisterKnife who only kept the skill on bar because of having all the duration nodes.

You're basically just making my point for me by looking at those two skills and calling my build bad, and if there was ever a melee build that people considered still viable it would be crit dagger. You are so hilariously backwards man. I mean hell, half the attempts at melee crit dagger weren't even my builds, I used crit dagger builds from havoc and other streamers. You mean to tell me that a NiceBuild(tm) is a bad build? Dafuq is even da matter with you bro.
-----
Bug Fixes:
Last edited by Legatus1982 on Jan 27, 2015, 6:50:20 PM
"
goetzjam wrote:
"
Legatus1982 wrote:

Give viper strike and whirling blades a try and get back to me.

Keep bringing other games into compare, I really don't care, PoE works WONDERFULLY for me, changing the game so it works for you, when something about your connection, computer, ect is the issue isn't mine or GGG's problem, I suspect you haven't even done anything to attempt to remedy the problem have you? My guess is NOPE, its GGG's fault cause there code and some other dudes having issues and its unplayable, blah blah blah. Take responsibility and do something other then complain, quite frankly I don't care to hear anymore about it until you do something.

just FYI, I did run quartz flasks on most of my melee chars. The problem is because I don't usually end up with high crits (or use RT more often than not,) surgeons doesn't do me much good, which means the flask is almost permanently empty. On top of that, when the flask runs out - you often desync quite badly becays eyou more often than not are somewhere you can't 'legally' be, so you get booted to the side. Flip a coin and if it comes up blowjob, the client and server will boot you to the same spot.

As for the rest of your comment - you are one of about 3 people on these forums who defends GGG's server code to the death with "I don't desync." Compared to the ~3000 who do. So the arguement that "don't change the game for the minority" doesn't hold up. You *are* the minority.

No, actually - DO keep bringing other games to compare. This is a technical problem, so analyzing other games for how they circumvented their technical issues is a MUST. PoE doesn't exist in a vaccuum, and it shouldn't be developed like that either.

As for "doing something to remedy the problem", what would you suggest, if you're so omniscient? Cause there's nothing to do on the player's end. It's been shown that modems don't fix it, it's been shown that macros don't fix it, connection stability doesn't fix it, moving house to get better proximity doesn't fix it.

Frankly, the only FIX I can think of is that one guy who hacked into the files to disable most of the weather effects, MTXs and dampen the particles. I wish I had that crack, cause fuck if this game has a fetish for 'look at our pretty graphics' which I get to admire in all their glory while playing the slideshow speed game.

Spoiler
Still doesn't fix desync though. That's exclusively a GGG issue.
"But we still had a lot of fun, please don't think this comes from hate.
We bitch because we like you and we want you to be great!" ~Miracle of Sound
Last edited by LostKavi on Jan 27, 2015, 6:53:08 PM

"

just FYI, I did run quartz flasks on most of my melee chars. The problem is because I don't usually end up with high crits (or use RT more often than not,) surgeons doesn't do me much good, which means the flask is almost permanently empty.

Did you notice a difference in desync with running it compared to not? I know legatus typically likes to run crit builds so he shouldn't have a problem keeping flask charges up.

"
As for the rest of your comment - you are one of about 3 people on these forums who defends GGG's server code to the death with "I don't desync." Compared to the ~3000 who do. So the arguement that "don't change the game for the minority" doesn't hold up. You *are* the minority.

Maybe because the rest are playing the game? I am lucky to have some time during the day to browse the web at work, I like to spend a bit of it posting on the forums and reddit. I might be the minority on the forums, but that is more then likely because the others players having no issue playing the game are playing. Have you all watched any streamers, how the hell can they play the game fine?

Changing the way the game works, like trusting the client for more is not a good solution, it offers even more ways to cheat and exploit and would affect my gameplay because of others that use it, which is not OK.

"
No, actually - DO keep bringing other games to compare. This is a technical problem, so analyzing other games for how they circumvented their technical issues is a MUST. PoE doesn't exist in a vaccuum, and it shouldn't be developed like that either.

Ok comparing apples and oranges all day I don't care, doesn't make your argument any better, most of the people here that complain don't care to do anything to improve there situation they just bring up other games and situations instead of doing something to improve theirs.

"
As for "doing something to remedy the problem", what would you suggest, if you're so omniscient? Cause there's nothing to do on the player's end. It's been shown that modems don't fix it, it's been shown that macros don't fix it, connection stability doesn't fix it, moving house to get better proximity doesn't fix it.

Stop your torrents, reinstall windows, you know do some basic troubleshooting to see if there is anything you can do to improve it, if you aren't willing to do troubleshooting then why are you willing to complain?

"
Frankly, the only FIX I can think of is that one guy who hacked into the files to disable most of the weather effects, MTXs and dampen the particles. I wish I had that crack, cause fuck if this game has a fetish for 'look at our pretty graphics' which I get to admire in all their glory while playing the slideshow speed game.

As a character that stacks MTX's and playing a mjolner discharge character I laugh at the thought that disabiling these effects fixes the desync problem. But i do hope they add some QoL features to tone this down a biut.

"
Still doesn't fix desync though. That's exclusively a GGG issue.

Again until you do some troubleshooting steps to see what the problem is don't point your finger. I really like my traceroute to GGG's server here in the US:

Spoiler

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms CENSORED
2 2 ms 1 ms 2 ms CENSORED
3 2 ms 3 ms 1 ms PEORILTCR01.core.peoria.il.omnilec.com [198.88.216.1]
4 14 ms 10 ms 10 ms xe-0-2-0-23.r05.chcgil09.us.bb.gin.ntt.net [128.241.2.185]
5 7 ms 6 ms 6 ms xe-1-0-1.bbr02.eq01.chi01.networklayer.com [128.242.180.10]
6 9 ms 8 ms 12 ms ae7.bbr01.eq01.chi01.networklayer.com [173.192.18.170]
7 31 ms 54 ms 30 ms ae20.bbr01.eq01.dal03.networklayer.com [173.192.18.136]
8 58 ms 27 ms 27 ms ae0.dar01.sr01.dal01.networklayer.com [173.192.18.211]
9 28 ms 27 ms 28 ms po1.fcr05.sr06.dal01.networklayer.com [66.228.118.221]
10 39 ms 39 ms 39 ms patch101.pathofexile.com [173.192.25.23]

FeelsBadMan

"
goetzjam wrote:

Did you notice a difference in desync with running it compared to not? I know legatus typically likes to run crit builds so he shouldn't have a problem keeping flask charges up.

You might have missed it, I added in a bit with an edit:

No, I never desync while the flask is active assuming I'm running unwavering stance. But I desync like a motherfucker every time the flask runs out. And not even "Oh man, I just warped back here again..." I'm talking "How the fuck did I end up in THIS room?" levels of desync.

"
Stop your torrents, reinstall windows, you know do some basic troubleshooting to see if there is anything you can do to improve it, if you aren't willing to do troubleshooting then why are you willing to complain?

Don't run torrents.
Seriously?
I *did* troubleshooting for PoE desync issues. You know what the official responce is? "Suck it up, buttercup?" And hence why everyone is complaining. We don't buy the "can't do anything about it" arguement, because there are hundreds of decent suggestions a month without compromising on any game mechanics or recomposing the game in a different engine. I don't remember, but I remember reposting about 5 - again - on a thread a couple days ago. Might even have been this one.

RE: tracerouts - It's already been shown repeatedly that packet loss is not related to desync in >99% of cases, so posting tracerouts is largely pointless.
"But we still had a lot of fun, please don't think this comes from hate.
We bitch because we like you and we want you to be great!" ~Miracle of Sound
Last edited by LostKavi on Jan 27, 2015, 7:41:47 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info