Protecting your "PRECIOUS" economy ain't working so give up and fix desync instead

"
Legatus1982 wrote:
don't affect the economy much even if hacked?

When did you become a master of the economy? You can't know what the effects will be, if it truly had no downside we wouldn't be having this argument and I would fully support it, but as GGG has explain (fairly simple too) in the dev manefisto they won't trust the client. If you have an issue with that take it up on that thread or contact GGG, i'm sure they will be glade to explain it to you in an easier to understand fashion.

much....lol
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
Still can't generate or dupe items, still can't kill mobs without actually killing them, still can't move any faster than before (without being easily detected) or alter your damage output. Still can't do anything you couldn't already do before really. "You don't know what might happen if you change stuff!" is not an argument.

Sooooooo yeah. Case closed.
my evasion is so high i only insta rip sometimes
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
Last edited by Legatus1982 on Feb 4, 2015, 1:30:57 PM
"
goetzjam wrote:
Until anything of value is added to this thread I am done.

Do you promise to be done?

Edit: I guess anything of value means anything to support your argument that high desync outweighs the "precious" PoE economy. After all GGG is in the land of NZ where "my precious" had caused many, many thousands to die over it long ago. So what's the harm in a few more desync deaths to protect the precious economy. Well, if GGG can detect Maphack now and ban accounts then they should also be able to detect other client side hacks such as client position/movement code hacks and ban accounts.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last edited by Arrowneous on Feb 4, 2015, 6:25:37 PM
Nice allusion. Very clever. =)
Over emphasis on economy causes the game to suck really hard when not many people are online or when the league is fairly inactive.

If the emphasis must stay on economy then i feel something needs to be done to increase the fluidity of items in the economy. Either we need to increase the drop rates of commodity items and orbs so there is less time spent searching and more time spent playing, or, and this part cant be controlled in any way so it really doesnt help us, but we would need a constant influx of new players in order to feed the pyramid and allow mid grade items to sell quickly.

I feel like my biggest gripe with trading is the time it takes to get something done. Say I want to liquidate my gear and start a new toon, well, I cant do that until all of my stuff sells and then I need to find the items I wanted to buy. This can take days or even weeks so it just leaves me with a feeling of "Why Bother?". Because once i sell one piece the character is pretty much shelved.

I realy think the scarcity is good if economy is truly going to be the most important thing but accessibility should be 100% instant. We already spent the time grinding up the orbs for the things we want to buy, we shouldnt have to wait for the person who has what we need to finally decide to log on. Even if we have an asynchronous trading system it would still be dependent on waiting for the other party to log on and check PMs, which leaves us in the same boat as now, cant buy what we need just because someones not online, even though it exists.

I personally would love to see orb drop rates increased and item drop rates decreased. This would allow those who want to craft to craft more as well as remove some of the screen clutter. Economy would adjust accordingly and I think there would be minimal power creep because it wouldnt be more items or orbs entering the economy, they would just be getting used on the types of items a player needs instead of just having to sort through mountains and mountains of crap, hoping a base item that you need drops with a good roll.
This is one reason why I think an AH variant would be good for the game. It doesn't have to turn it into the catastrophe that was D3's RMAH, but accessibility would help alleviate some of these issues.
I didn't listen to the State of Exile podcast #20 last November when Chris was the guest. I just found out that he was asked by Zeno about desync at the 41:30 minute mark. At least he had to reply to the big D question, albeit he said that with the short staff over the Christmas holidays and then after the 1st the focus on getting Act 4 pushed out early April taking all human resources that it looks like another wait and see. I do have to say that the change made to stagger the different mobs released when opening a strongbox is a good change and so far I'm not desyncing when I run away to evade mob death so I guess there is a glimmer of hope for the future.
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

Last edited by Arrowneous on Feb 5, 2015, 10:18:41 AM
Another classic desync death:
Spoiler
The rogue was Lightning Warping around and raising zombies. I ran completely out of the room and way over in the next room (not near the doorway), was in the clear (or so I thought) and then 3 to 4 seconds later I re-synced and was back in the same room with the rogue and the zombies and dead. Another time that kiting was a big failure. I don't give a damn why the server/client is coded this way. Any way you slice it desync sucks, and sucks, and sucks, ad infinitum. GGG please fix the damn failed server "action prediction". Oh right, all hands are on the act 4 final testing and debugging. Well, then work on this immediately after act 4. Again, I don't give a damn that it's difficult . You can't expect any financial support until you do.

Great game but damned frustrating high amounts of desync.

Edit: And to add insult to injury, I just noticed a 6S chest that was worth 6 jewelers that I missed because I was pissed and quit. Shame on you GGG for allowing this to go on forever.

Last edited by Arrowneous on Feb 6, 2015, 8:11:17 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info