Protecting your "PRECIOUS" economy ain't working so give up and fix desync instead

"
Look dude, I've explained it to you like 4 times and it isn't complicated. If you aren't understanding it then that is because you choose not to.

Because you've been so clear on your position in this thread. Especially with the amount of trust the client should get for this.

"
Movement is handled by client. Everything else by server. Checks in place for movement buffs and move cheats are extremely grade school math level simple. There is NO fucking lag input on movement, only lag on gem effect application (IE, you hit a mob, wait 0.1 second for damage application) or buff application. You're ALREADY waiting for that right now in the current game state.

Movement of both you and the monsters? Huge difference between just you and the monsters, but with this it would only seem beneficial if it was both, which does open up more abilities to cheat. Right now we have maphack that can tell certain things, but with this change you can be sure the maphacks will get much better knowing where mobs are and where they move.

As for movement speed yes its just math, but this game has a lot of variables on how fast something can move, you (and I) can't begin to assume how those are calculated and checked in the current system, hell it might not even really check it now.

"
You can keep going on but you're just embarrassing yourself by pretending not to understand simple basic concepts.

Yes because what you are asking is something this game has done before /s Please by all means try to make your point anymore clear when presenting in the future. If it was such an easy and basic concept then why wouldn't GGG do it from the start, oh wait its because THEY DON'T WANT THIS GAME FULL OF FUCKING CHEATERS.

"
Moreover, the entire reason you were arguing against this is because you wanted to whine about potential security and economy issues and I showed you why this won't change that at all.

If you think I am the only one thinking that security and the economy would be unaffected you are WRONG, do you really sit there and type up this crap thinking that if goetzjam didn't argue with me GGG would just change this game because I wanted them to and this isn't an issue because I said it is? If GGG thought this purposed model was better, don't you think they would do it?

"
I won't go ahead and explain how clear it is that you have ulterior motives and how obvious those motives are at this point in the discussion, because it doesn't matter. Even if you make your living off botting and rmt it has been shown this change will not affect you or the economy, so there's nothing left to argue about. You're just going on about nothing.

Yes me and the other people have ulterior motives, its called we don't want this game to go to crap because a few whinny people on the forums are crying about desync and think they have the answer to everything. I don't RMT/bot/sitethatcan'tbenamed here, I found, traded and worked my way up to get what I have today. I've done a lengthy post in the past on how someone goes from ~20ex in various unsellable gear (on standard) to over 200ex in gear without flipping, botting, rmting, scamming. Its actually a good writeup I'll link it to anyone on request.

"
Ggg implements this model and everyone is happy.

No, GGG implements this model and you and the other 2 people in this thread are happy. You and the other 2 people in this thread is not everyone.

"
If anything, the larger player base would only give you more potential customers because there would be less desync rage quit.

This is an assumption and a crappy one at best. I don't think GGG cares about getting more "customers" they care about keeping the CORE supporters of this game happy because they don't do what ever other developer does and sells out, even though they could make more money if they catered to a larger mass.

Speaking of quitting someone quit yesterday and gave me ~10ex or so in gear because I talked to him, he wanted an ex pretty bad, I asked why, he said he wanted to finish crafting his boots, long story short if it didn't roll a resistance roll with the ex he was quitting, gave me stuff, added me to friendslist and said see you next year. But everyone that quits this game leaves because of desync, yup.

"
The only other explanation I can come up with for you arguing against this fix is that you're on blizzards payroll to keep the game as shitty as you can make it. Good one, blizzard.

Wait I thought I was on GGG's payroll. Which is it now cause I'm not getting checks from either I need to know which HR department to contact. Yes keep this game "shitty" I play it (and enjoy it), but I don't think you do.

I think the best thing GGG can do is continue on the thoughts that the dev manefisto is correct and do things like the strongbox fix in 1.3.1 as well as other adjustments people have made (less small objects to block you in maps, ect) rather then change a core concept on which the game is based.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.
I said monster movement not monster spawn location. It's perfectly fine to wait for server to send that. It shouldn't need explanation.

You made that huge long post and literally made 0 relevant points, in fact most of that essay was just whining.

The debate was over five or six posts ago and you're still grasping at straws. You still have 0 ground to stand on, there still aren't any cheat opportunities exposed that aren't easily detected, and the game will still be better off without desync. Almost a whole page now and you still haven't come up with anything to the contrary.

Looks to me like this debate was in fact over when I first said it was.
my evasion is so high i only insta rip sometimes
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
Last edited by Legatus1982 on Feb 4, 2015, 10:07:02 AM
"
Legatus1982 wrote:
there still aren't any cheat opportunities exposed that aren't easily detected

Because you know GGG's code inside and out, because you understand the complexity of how it will be implemented, please get real. What happens if GGG does this and opens up bugs from many things to allow for cheaters and more "dupers" your just going to write it off as the game is better?

Like usual though instead of responding to any points you just call them invalid and make 1-2 line responses to try and discredit my position.

This thread hasn't gone anywhere in a long time in terms of actually accomplishing anything, at first your position was the economy isn't worth saving (like OP) now your like it won't be affected (which you can't possibly know what cheaters\hackers have the ability to do) You've turned this thread into your personal one, even though it was created with a very specific concern and a very specific solution. Make your own thread instead of derailing this one.

No system is perfect, if you think a game is please by all means go play that one instead of trying to ruin this one for me and others that enjoy it.

FeelsBadMan

"
goetzjam wrote:

No system is perfect, if you think a game is please by all means go play that one instead of trying to ruin this one for me and others that enjoy it.

I have faith in GGG that they would try anything else to "fix" desync then giving cheaters any leeway, even if it means less total income but the integrity of the game being held up.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1158669

Cyclone MARA Beginners and Advanced Guide.
There is no integrity loss by putting character and mob movement on client, we've been over this a hundred times. You two are literally embarrassing yourselves at this point, just completely ignoring the state of the discussion and repeating ad nauseum the same false line about integrity that we've already illustrated will not change in the slightest.

Get a grip, seriously.
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
"
Vincendra wrote:
"
goetzjam wrote:

I have faith in GGG that they would try anything else to "fix" desync then giving cheaters any leeway, even if it means less total income but the integrity of the game being held up.

I do as well. My concern is that they have a weak moment and seriously consider changing the game while risking its integrity to appease a small complaining crowd of players.

I think they very much do care more about quality then $$$.

FeelsBadMan

Hahahaha, you two have literally devolved your argument into just ignoring the opposition because of how hopeless your view is. How funny.
-----
Bug Fixes:
"
Legatus1982 wrote:
Hahahaha, you two have literally devolved your argument into just ignoring the opposition because of how hopeless your view is. How funny.

Yeah instead of responding to my lengthy post about my concerns you rather mock it instead.

Until anything of value is added to this thread I am done.

FeelsBadMan

"
"
Onslaught2k3 wrote:
There's only one sensible action to take to improve PoE - STOP PARTICIPATING and smack GGG in their faces with their own hubris. Nothing more. How else can we expect desync to be honestly dealt with if we keep lining their pockets? They don't even want people commenting on their business model because they know if we all wake up they're at a risk of losing alot of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I don't have a problem with their business model. It's actually one of the best, and most honest, models of any f2p game. My problem is only with desync. Everything else about the game can be fine tuned as needed, but desync is the only thing currently that hinders the play experience.

True enough. Desync is my only current problem with them as well. Though I salivated when they had the black friday deal 50% off everything in their MTX shop. If I see that again I'll probably spend another $50-$100 :)
"
goetzjam wrote:
"
Legatus1982 wrote:

Yeah instead of responding to my lengthy post about my concerns you rather mock it instead.

Until anything of value is added to this thread I am done.

Your concerns about what? Cheating movespeed which is easily detectable with first grade math? Your inability to understand that character and mob movements on client don't affect the economy much even if hacked?

You haven't added anything of value for several pages now and instead are just adding to the length of the thread needlessly while pretending to have some kind of case for your position, of which there is actually none.

The fact that anyone is even arguing against such a change at all at this point in the thread is highly suspect.
-----
Bug Fixes:
Last edited by Legatus1982 on Feb 4, 2015, 1:00:24 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info