just beat Shock And Horror

"
johnKeys wrote:
"
BazzV5 wrote:
So how much HP does that combo give you?

about 3k.
which believe it or not is enough for a SC fast evasive Bow Ranger, which very rarely gets hit at all.

it's all about playing style really, and fitting the Ranger theme: I don't want to tank anything, when I can dodge, kite, Puncture it, curse it, knock it back, gain charges off of it.
speed, as the primary means of survivability.

works out great so far, except against insane gear-check boss attacks like Shock And Horror's "can't dodge this" laser.

3K HP is a bit on the low side even for a ranged Ev build and kinda explains why you're melting so fast to this boss, (especially if your resists aren't maxxed).

Why not trade off some damage for some survivability even if it's only for the few instances, (strongboxes, rogue exiles), where 3K HP is borderline?
OB: BazzVone - 83 Dual Spork Totem Templar /w CI and minions
CB: BazzVfourteen - 80 Dual Spork Totem Templar /w CI
CB: BazzVtwo - 73 Dual Spork Totem/LS Templar
CB: BazzVseven - 76 Lightning Strike Mara
CB: BazzVfive - 78 Lightning Strike Mara
"
johnKeys wrote:
ah what the heck, I'll just post it here:

standard main

gear

BUILD

Alright sorry for the late reply i had to go to work real quick

first off you need to get life on your rings and change the belt to a high life leather belt, also ditch the blood dance because a normal pair life + 30% movementspeed and rez boots will improve your survivability by a LOT more than those. Try to get the leech on rings/amulet

Secondly, lioneyes glare + crit is a bad idea, you cant avoid your reflected damage which might get you killed since the bow never misses.. you might want to consider buying a high base crit harbinger/decimation bow or a high attack speed 6%+ crit bow.

As the build goes i would use something like this instead: Passive skill tree build it will improve your survivability by a lot.

As the skills go i recommend going for either split + chain for AoE or tornato shot + LMP and use puncture or barrage as single target.

Heres my ranger's build, gear and stats, its the same idea of acrobatics and crit so you can get an idea of what i use: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/53795

Hope this helps dude.
I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral
Last edited by VictorDoom on Oct 26, 2014, 7:30:30 AM
Amusing, Pierce support on Puncture without Pierce nodes.

Faster Projectiles on Frenzy.

Using Purity of Elements.

Crit with the cannot evade bow.

Nothing here is indicative of an experienced player.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
"
Chundadragon wrote:

Everyone wondered why I made fun of him -.-
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Oct 26, 2014, 7:17:06 AM
"
Chundadragon wrote:

dude you know what? I'm just going to report you and be done with it.
I initially thought you are a serious guy, but now I have been proven otherwise, and you genuinely are getting on my fucking nerves.

and regarding your bullshit way of passing judgment with only partial knowledge:

Faster Proj on Frenzy = off-screen Frenzy-Charge collecting and hurting stuff.

using Purity Of Elements = yes. because unlike you fucking trade-tycoons I can't get capped resists in Merciless without "help". and mind you this is a char that did a bit of trading and got one huge free "loan" item, being the LG bow.

Crit with cannot evade bow = give me a better one.

nothing here is indicative of a man, who wants to achieve anything but get on my nerves and get reported.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
"
johnKeys wrote:
"
Chundadragon wrote:

dude you know what? I'm just going to report you and be done with it.
I initially thought you are a serious guy, but now I have been proven otherwise, and you genuinely are getting on my fucking nerves.

and regarding your bullshit way of passing judgment with only partial knowledge:

using Purity Of Elements = yes. because unlike you fucking trade-tycoons I can't get capped resists in Merciless without "help". and mind you this is a char that did a bit of trading and got one huge free "loan" item, being the LG bow.

nothing here is indicative of a man, who wants to achieve anything but get on my nerves and get reported.

Dude hes telling you what is wrong with what your doing hes technically TRYING to help you and you're going to report him?
I love teddy bears.
I'm done.

I give john advice when he desperately needs it, pointing out where he's going wrong and others have advised him how to fix it.

Bottom line is this mate: Stop using the loot system, stop using the boss mechanics, stop using the boxes as an excuse for your own lack of skill.

If your character was as good as it could be and you still had problems, then yes - I would sympathise. But you have gone out of your way to be inefficient and downright stupid with your character.

And you are using a tri-res chest and can't cap - I am so done with you, people cap with Lightning Coil which gives -60%. Explain that john.
Last edited by Chundadragon on Oct 26, 2014, 7:24:21 AM
"
Stygian_Doll wrote:

Dude hes telling you what is wrong with what your doing hes technically TRYING to help you and you're going to report him?

either you are kidding, or you genuinely don't know the meaning of "trying to help".
for your sake, I hope its the former.

Vic's post is a good example of help.
thanks @Vic.
I can't give up on those aura nodes just yet, but will try to adapt some changes according to your guide and proposed tree.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
"
johnKeys wrote:
You are playing crit bow. Off-screening is done properly with Puncture, most bow builds don't even use Frenzy charges any more.

Have you heard of masters? It seems you have completed ignored the last expansion. Citing trade for not capping res is just BS.

A non-cannot evade bow?

Your lack of skill and poor excuses is getting on my nerves john. This is a joke. If it pleases you, take Vic's advice - it's the exact same I would give if I knew you wouldn't just make more poor excuses to why you can't build a proper character.
Last edited by Chundadragon on Oct 26, 2014, 7:31:38 AM
JohnKeys, I don't get you.

You demand change on stuff that will not be changed, instead of learning to deal with it.
Shock and Horror is in the game for years, and if other players have learned to deal with her, why don't you try to do the same? And if you can't figure it out yourself, then ask for help, not for "nerf her".

You try a build that has limits, and demand those limits to be removed instead of adapting by yourself?
Why? Why should anyone, why should GGG care?
PoE is not a "glasscannon friendly" game, did you seriously think you could avoid all damage manually all the time?

Instead of listening to people who want to help you, you want to ban them? Why?
Is "yes you are right let's write a petition to GGG" the only "help" you would accept?

Stop trying to smash a wall with your head, instead use your head and walk around it.
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info