just beat Shock And Horror

Hes trying to help and you spit on his face LOL wtf man
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
If it helps you john, I'll explain this.

Pierce support on Puncture without Pierce nodes.

You are giving up one whole gem slot to put Pierce in for 2/3 of the effect and the biggest improvement right now for you would be to complete the 100%Pierce and take 4 points in the tree. It's literally 50% MORE effectiveness than what you have now.

Faster Projectiles on Frenzy.

You don't need Faster to offscreen. Better would be phys proj to pump out more damage.

Using Purity of Elements.

Master-crafting provides free resistances.

Crit with the cannot evade bow.

A rare harbinger with a good crit chance will completely obliterate your current DPS. Start regalling, no excuses john - there is no such thing as crafting RNG on the common stats, the numbers are all there and average out in the long run.

This is the piece of crap I used to kill Atziri at level 79 on Rampage. Literally worth 5 chaos, does more damage than your bow.

Don't thank me john, just do it and be glad that your character is better.

Btw, you have yourself to blame for my previous remarks - "I'm so fucking skilled" - No you aren't john, eat your own pride, you're in serious need of help with this game.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
Last edited by Chundadragon on Oct 26, 2014, 9:20:12 AM
Okay 3.5k hp + max res and most of the times a secondary mechanic like MoM, extremely high dodge with guile or alot of block/spell block or other mechanics is standard for someone doing 70+ maps.

And no that isn't for people who "magically trade and get all the gear they ever need" or any other excuses you can come up with.

You can fit all of the holes in your gear with master crafting.
"
johnKeys wrote:
"
Odoakar wrote:

With that gear you should be able to offscreen shock and horror.

• I did off-screen Shock And Horror. you just don't like reading it seems. and I'm upset I needed to, rather than "man mode" her because of a very specific shitty gear-checking, build-limiting mechanic.
  • my gear and build isn't one to withstand a Death-Ray. it's one to dodge it. either manually or with dodge/evasion mechanics.
    and when I can't dodge it - by definition - it's bad, complete gear-check design.
    checking for very specific gear at that.
  • Puncture as single-target and Tornado Shot AoE, huh? well why don't I just dumbly copy a ZiggyD/Foxtactics/whatever flavor-of-the-month build and be done with it?
    seriously man, it took a whole year (maybe more) to put this Ranger together, and while I did base the last tree-reset on something I saw on the build forums - it's still a very customized and very personalized version.

"
Peterlerock wrote:
There's some players who actually like being challenged.

myself included. which is exactly why I get pissed at getting one-shot by something that measures gear rather than skill.
that's not "challenge". it's a cheap "always hits and you die unless a fuckton of HP and overcapped res" Death-Ray, which could have been done better in so many ways.
yes, while keeping the good interaction with the pillars.

and most of the "hard"/"interesting" bosses you mentioned are either cheap gear-checks with damage through the roof, system-lag checks with more particles than a Cern Collider could handle, or both.
that's not "difficulty".
that's not "challenge".

challenge, is - ideally - being able to fucking get things done, no matter your gear and build.
challenge, is Vaal Oversoul. not fucking "nullify your FPS" Merveil.

MORE EDIT: and skipping? that's the pinnacle of bullshit.
listen to me closely:
you. should. not. skip. anything.
no matter how fucking crazy it is.

When I say off-screen her, I'm obviously reffering to the fact that you should have enough dps to kill her without even realising you are shooting at her.
„I don't give a fuck if it was his tenth anniversary with his goddamn neckbeard...“
„If they think I'm going to let them sweep this pizza guy thing under the rug...“
No mod action. Business as usual.
"
Chundadragon wrote:

This is the piece of crap I used to level a character to 65 on Rampage. Literally worth 5 chaos, does more damage than your bow.

Amazing. I usually have to be level 68 in order to utilize the Harbinger Bow. But you're using one at lvl 65. Skills beyond recognition.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1552460 - my drop solution
Specs: CPU - i5 9600k, geforce 2060, 32 gb ram, ssd, 2133/2333 mz.-----
EXILES EVERYWHERE, PLEASE?!?!?!
"
Cergic wrote:
"
Chundadragon wrote:

This is the piece of crap I used to level a character to 65 on Rampage. Literally worth 5 chaos, does more damage than your bow.

Amazing. I usually have to be level 68 in order to utilize the Harbinger Bow. But you're using one at lvl 65. Skills beyond recognition.

Huehue my bad, that's the bow on my level 79 that I killed Atziri with on Rampage crafted as soon as I hit 68.

Still point stands, john can get one ezpz.
see, Chunda? you can be helpful when you aren't busy throwing insults and disrespecting.
should definitely try that more.
Spoiler
and I'm sorry about the previous attitude and "report threats".

I can't guarantee I'll be able to get a Harbinger like you suggested - especially since I need it 5-linked - nor get more resistances, and the Pierce on Puncture has a purpose you missed, which is being able to kill better in Zana timed "slay boss" and Vorici missions (and basically just "spike" whole/multiple packs in one go).

but your Phys Proj instead of Faster Proj suggestion is a good one.
I'll try it as soon as I'll adapt the skill tree to VicDoom's recommendation.

the point of this thread still stands though:
no attack should have the property of always hitting you, if it does so much damage.
over-time or not.

"doomsday beams" in other games, are usually things that outright kill you, but they are also things you can - and better - dodge.
yes, Morbo and 0versky, I hate MXL Cathedral Of Vanity too. yes I only ever beat it twice (2nd time was including the summoning fight after you kill the boss). but it still is more fair than auto-hit, in my opinion.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on Oct 26, 2014, 10:44:54 AM
"
johnKeys wrote:
no attack should have the property of always hitting you, if it does so much damage.
over-time or not.

It's just a mechanic, it shouldn't always hit you, the most it should actually hit you is for the (human reaction time) * (damage per second). So maybe 0.3 x 4000 if I have a good feeling for the numbers.

I advise that you buy into the master crafting game, I think you'll like it =)

If you're going to use Pierce John, you should go 100%.
Last edited by Chundadragon on Oct 26, 2014, 11:39:23 AM
You should really try master crafting (unless their missions are impossible for your machine, I guess).

And get a good replacement for that amethyst ring.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
"
johnKeys wrote:

the point of this thread still stands though:
over-time or not.

It does so "much" damage, because you are NOT capped at light. resist (with Masters introduction capping yourself at all res is easily achievable), even without Masters one can swap out a ring for a Topaz one just to deal with these kinds of situations.

It does not deal much of a damage if you react properly with a Flask and "Shh, around the corner". It's just a different mechanic that challenges your ability to react and keep track of what boss is/has done.
"I accept Nujabes as my Savior."
Last edited by 1988288 on Oct 26, 2014, 11:34:14 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info