just beat Shock And Horror

OP is right, this boss is blatant one-shot cheese straight out of Diablow 3, a braindead Arcane Sentry. Anyone have a link to a complete list of broken map bosses?
"
RogueMage wrote:
OP is right, this boss is blatant one-shot cheese straight out of Diablow 3, a braindead Arcane Sentry. Anyone have a link to a complete list of broken map bosses?

do u even hug pillars
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
RogueMage wrote:

do u even hug pillars

He doesn't need to hug a pillar hes a cata rogue with legendary daggers with vial of shadows and cloak of shadows np
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Oct 24, 2014, 3:08:19 PM
"
johnKeys wrote:
I'd like to meet the GGG employee responsible for this boss fight.
ask him, did he really think this was a good idea?

the endless spawn that Storm-Herald your face off when you kill them, are "fair".
but what's even more "fair" was that auto-target laser. the one which always hits and melts you in seconds. pillars? didn't get to any. there were 4 of them, in completely opposite corners of the room. tiny ones. move one pixel out of place and you are toast.

the only reason I won - on my last portal - is the cheesiest of off-screen puncturing.
just mindlessly shooting, dodging storms, and hoping the thing dies. because each time I got into eye-contact with it, I got laser-melted.

this fight needs an overhaul.
it's ridiculous, and not in a good way.
1. Bring a topaz flask with improved movement speed or whatever.
2. Lure blue mobs to the entrance and kill them first, then engage the boss.
3. Avoid totems' warping locations.
4. Hug one of the pillars until she uses laser.
5. When she unleashes it, pop flask and run behind a pillar.
6. Damage her.
7. Repeat 3-6 if your dps is too low to kill her in one go.
Tip: laser has a LONG cooldown of ~20 seconds. Yep. Twenty fucking seconds.

Sometimes PoE is not just about running around and right-clicking mobs.
inline.

"
shalq wrote:

1. Bring a topaz flask with improved movement speed or whatever. - did. both. and fast boots.
2. Lure blue mobs to the entrance and kill them first, then engage the boss. - did. storms everywhere. reep.
3. Avoid totems' warping locations. - actually killed the totems up-front with off-screen Puncture.
4. Hug one of the pillars until she uses laser. - didn't get to it. laser got to me. again and again.
5. When she unleashes it, pop flask and run behind a pillar. - stood behind one of those tiny, square-pixel-sized pillars. move a centimetre. laser. reep.
6. Damage her. - from off-screen. Puncture blindly. can't get close because laser.
7. Repeat 3-6 if your dps is too low to kill her in one go. - repeated 20 times.
Tip: laser has a LONG cooldown of ~20 seconds. Yep. Twenty fucking seconds. - strange, because every time I got within a screen of her, I got pretty much insta-melted. flask and all. auto-target "death ray" is such a fun mechanic. soooo much better than actual fucking projectiles or Vaal-type lasers you can actually dodge.

crap boss. one that feels like it's cheating.
yes, I beat a fucking cheater, rather than a badass beastie that puts up some real fight, without cheap bullshit auto-target Storm-Herald-On-Death one-shots.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
Last edited by johnKeys on Oct 24, 2014, 5:42:09 PM
Another JK boss complaining thread. You know, maybe you should make a character that isn't bad next time. If you can't burst the boss down in 3 seconds, then you should be tanky enough to survive longer, but you seem to be able to do neither. How?
Old april 2012 account got stolen
Last edited by Freeslana on Oct 24, 2014, 5:48:24 PM
"
johnKeys wrote:

yes, I beat a fucking cheater, rather than a badass beastie that puts up some real fight, without cheap bullshit auto-target Storm-Herald-On-Death one-shots.

'I can't kill it easily so it must be cheating!'

Mr. Keys in a nutshell :P
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
I'd really like to know the stats when you fight those bosses

like, 2.5k hp? 20% light res?

Also extreme lols at "oneshot" comments on a boss that deals lightning damage over time :/ another extre lol for oneshots from storm heralds, which hit for about 200-250 damage the most.

"
Xavderion wrote:
"
johnKeys wrote:

'I can't kill it easily so it must be cheating!'

Mr. Keys in a nutshell :P

LOL
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Im confused, you are killed by the little storms ?
you also have puncture ?

shit should be easy mode. my bow trapper kills her off one crit of puncture trap. and is able to withstand the beam running to column without a topaz or move skills, just quicksiver

with no extra damage mods, you dont need topaz in non-hardcore. 75% light res with ~4k hp pool is fine.

last time I got killed by this boss it was a strange bug (Id say it was desync except it wasnt actually desync) where the beam went through the column and all the way to the entrance where I was regening. took me by big surprise.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info