just beat Shock And Horror

I agree with the friend JohnKeys.

I have melted Shock&horror for my very first time today.

I have done it with my lvl 78 CI witch. Well trust me: with nearly 11k ES and 1.2k ES regen/sec (zealoth oath) i was able 7 times out of 10 to stand still in front of the laser without hugging a pillar and laugh at the boss, seeing my ES going down yes, but not so fast to represent a rip risk. The other 3 times... well the laser was more damaging and seemingly infinite in its duration, so even with that monster shield/regen i had to hug a pillar. But the real risk of death was when, covered by the graphically intensive storm herald, ALL totems has gone down on me PLUS the laser. With topaz up (86% res) i was nearly at 500 ES remaining.

In a nut shell: i have survived to a boss 6 level inferior to me, only thanks to a "life pool" double sized in comparison to most life users. This boss does way too much damage....
Is this shit for real? It's a purely skill boss fight. I've literally done it without being hit. Maybe I can dig up the VOD of my explaining the fight to my friend who also thought it was impossible.

When lazered, break line of sight.

Keep moving in circles to avoid lighting storms which are caused by adds, kill one and it spawn a bolt of lightning where ever you were standing when you killed it.

LW totems have a decent delay so just don't stand where they are or whever they are going.

Her sparks are very harmless, even on shocked ground.

Ranged should never complain about this fight, melee it's a little tough as it requires moving in a smaller circle and sometimes you need to kite the totems away. Sometimes you even have to bail completely for a bit if you kill too many adds covering the area in lightning.

Yes, I've done double boss, min-max. I've done the zana 77 versions w/ haste mods or whatever else. I can't remember a single death in months to her.
Finished 17th in Rampage - Peaked at 11th
Finished 18th in Torment/Bloodline 1mo Race - peaked at 9th
Null's Inclination Build 2.1.0 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1559063
Summon Skeleton 1.3 - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1219856
I have since learned the fight mechanics, and been able to beat Shock And Horror every single time.
ranged and melee.
zero deaths total.

but one thing still stands from this old necroed thread: she's a gear-check.
a resistances check to be exact.
uncapped, and you will be obliterated by the "death ray" before you can reach a pillar.
slight FPS drop just when you killed some Spawn, and the Storm Calls will do you in. or the totems will.

a mechanic fight yes, but you can't really expect a character at roughly 72-maps-level to pass this gear-check.
not when it is actually easier - from a purely mechanical standpoint - to beat a boss 2 levels higher: Maze Vaal Oversoul.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
"
johnKeys wrote:
I have since learned the fight mechanics, and been able to beat Shock And Horror every single time.
ranged and melee.
zero deaths total.

but one thing still stands from this old necroed thread: she's a gear-check.
a resistances check to be exact.
uncapped, and you will be obliterated by the "death ray" before you can reach a pillar.
slight FPS drop just when you killed some Spawn, and the Storm Calls will do you in. or the totems will.

a mechanic fight yes, but you can't really expect a character at roughly 72-maps-level to pass this gear-check.
not when it is actually easier - from a purely mechanical standpoint - to beat a boss 2 levels higher: Maze Vaal Oversoul.

This fight it's interesting like oversoul one. With a too much underrated stat (regen!!!!) well builded, the laser it's not that mortal (for an ES user, life user will have troubles imho). The real pain are the totems that light up the screen and you don't see nothing anymore :/ And they hurts too :/

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info