just beat Shock And Horror

tbh, Cathedral of vanity was several orders of magnitude more stupider than Shock & Horror ever will be. Doesnt even compare, imo, with anything in PoE. I think I beat it only once, with dunno how many chars I played... and then duped the Idol of vanity charm for all of them :)
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
In case it hasn't been said before,

You claim your character was built for dodging.

You dodge the warp totems.

You kite the adds.

You bait a laser out and then freely DPS for the next few seconds completely immune.

Whilst harder than the standard PoE boss it is a complete joke in terms of mechanics compared to others in the genre.

I am sure a player of your supposed calibre can faceroll it.

"
but if you troll me to "prove" anything - you will meet a solid wall that won't budge a centimetre.
remember that.

Unfortunately it's in the human nature to get exasperated when talking to a brick wall.

Remember that.

IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
Last edited by Chundadragon on Oct 25, 2014, 5:31:01 PM
"
johnKeys wrote:

my Lightning Resistance isn't capped without the Flask. why? gear. and a build that is more about dodging damage than diminishing it, because that's how I like to play ranged.
and the Flask ran out. why? because I fucking had to use it with almost every small pack of spawn I killed without even seeing them. screen-full of Storm Herald.
so I had to cheese this boss into submission, and I fucking hate cheesing bosses.
if I have to cheese a boss rather than fucking face it like a fucking man - there's something wrong with the boss pure and simple.

I don't even...

Shop closed until further notice. Check out my Dominus musical tribute instead:
https://soundcloud.com/hackproducer0815/dominus
ya as people have said, breaking line of sight on the laser with the pillars is the whole guts of it.

Correct me if I am wrong guys, but doesnt the laser turn off if you break line of sight with the boss? You dont have to wait it out behind the pillar right? All you have to do is run from one side to the other and it switches off? Been a while since I played that map but I was udner the impression that was the deal. So while they look like a desync troll cause theyre thin and provide little cover, it doesnt actually matter.

Last time I played it was with a puncture ranger in early rampage. Pull the mobs to the front of room, kill them. Then charge right in, puncture the boss on the way past and head right for the back pillar, where you tempt the thing to fire its laser, when it goes for it break the los by running around the pillar you are beside then charge back in and puncture it again for the take down. If you do enough deeps and manage a crit then the first one probably did the job. If the second one doesnt kill it then head for the front pillar and repeat. You just need to get into the rhythm of the lasers, you know when theyre coming and you are next to a pillar to deactivate it. Then you got your window again to punish the beast.
it IS a horrible boss though, unforgiving.
"
Chundadragon wrote:

Whilst harder than the standard PoE boss it is a complete joke in terms of mechanics compared to others in the genre.

Just what JK's saying, pure cheese, Diablo 3 style.
you are right, Snorkle. this is the strategy for the fight.
however, my DPS means I have to repeat this a lot more than once.
and the fight - for me - went something like this:

first time move into line of sight. laser. dead before I can even activate the topaz flask. maybe there was an FPS drop there, but it literally melted me in a second.

second time run behind pillar with flask on. laser almost killed me, but stopped when I broke the thing's line of sight. step out. puncture. probably accidentally killed a spawn because thunder started whacking me. flask and run the hell away. come back. flask empty. laser. dead in a second.

and later I just died to the thunderstorm because apparently killed too many spawn at once (the whole screen was literally one big bolt of lightning), and decided to off-screen cheese-puncture the bastard.
several long minutes of shooting in the general direction, dodging thunderstorms. didn't even know when it was dead until I hit flask and ran forward to find there's no laser.

so in conclusion, I am not ruling out errors on my part, but a laser that just straight-up hits you is a gear check, and has to be replaced with something that maybe hits harder, but can be dodged. be it a spinning death ray of doom you can see coming, or a Atziri-Storm-call-like marker that screams "get out of the way!".

also, I'd like to know how a melee character can do this fight.
a melee, that's not Mortezzah or similarly-geared.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
First time I fought this boss was in a Zana map and I was playing a melee character. Dunno how I got so lucky, but somehow I managed to kill her without dying.

Second time I faced her I thought to myself, "So this is where that boss goes! Well, she was tough before but now my character is better so she's probably easy now." Big mistake, I got killed.

Third time, I forgot she was the boss of Torture Chamber and I went in with a -max resist +monster damage map. When I got to the boss room I was like, "Hmmm, I wonder how much time I'll get in that beam?" I stayed really close to the pillar trying to draw out the beam so I could go in and attack. She wouldn't use it. But the minions noticed my efforts and aggro'd my position. I kept hugging the wall, working them down, but then the Storm Herald effect made me reposition. Placed a totem to distract the minions and keep from getting overrun. Realized I was standing in the beam. I got about 3/4 of a second in the beam.

So the moral of the story is that she's doable but don't get overconfident and for pete's sake don't do -max resists!
i dont ever recall having a problem with this fight...

I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral
Last edited by VictorDoom on Oct 26, 2014, 4:01:20 AM
"
VictorDoom wrote:
i dont ever recall having a problem with this fight...

man if you went in with the same gear you showed in that Uber Atziri thread, I'm hardly surprised you didn't.

I said "not uber-geared melee", Vic.
and a strategy for a melee would be nice too, similarly to the strategy Snorkle presented for Puncture ranged.
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info