Seraph Armour Skin Microtransactions in SotV

"
Mivo wrote:
"
stonespeak wrote:
Compared to many games this is a major update (new endgame dungeon, multiple new boss additions, multiple new side areas, new currency/item system).

I don't disagree that it's a major update or a content patch. But to me, it's not a "huge expansion". Sure, it "expands" the game, but typically the term refers to bigger additions than we get here. Act 5 would have been an actual expansion, or new classes.

Anyway, at the end, this is all just semantics and marketing speech. GGG did back down form calling it a full expansion, then called it a content patch, then settled for "mini expansion". It's probably a good enough compromise and still has marketing value.

Fair enough : )
SSF since ~OB
"
stonespeak wrote:
"
Mivo wrote:
"
venomister wrote:
How can people complain about "no new content but new micro trans" when they are adding this huge expansion.

I'm not sure what other games you play, or have played in the past, but this is hardly a "huge expansion". It's not even an expansion at all, just a content patch. A nice content patch and I look forward to the new leagues, but this isn't really what I (and the industry) would typically call an expansion, let alone a huge one.

Actually no that's just not true.

Compared to many games this is a major update (new endgame dungeon, multiple new boss additions, multiple new side areas, new currency/item system).

Most games come with major expansions once per year with a minor one in between. Add the fact that this is a F2P game with content coming ~4 months after release... Ya that's actually big.

People like him complain about the sun being too hot in the summer, and the weather being too cold in the winter.
Can't even appreciate this is a f2p game and GGG isn't obliged to deliver anything (especially so soon after release).
Be happy people. You get to play this awesome game with even more awesome(probably) content.
yeah no patch notes wich was promised so have fun with palnning for the new league
but new micro transaction thats what i need... not!
It looks really cool, but how about giving more uniques 3d art and maybe focus on the armours already in-game? Did anyone say pants? :D
Great job with the game but Id rather pay for it instead of getting to play for free with the coolest gear without stats for real money(I don't mean that I want stats for real money, I just want to play for the cool gear.)
May the RNG be with you.
"
Tupelo wrote:
It looks really cool, but how about giving more uniques 3d art and maybe focus on the armours already in-game? Did anyone say pants? :D
Great job with the game but Id rather pay for it instead of getting to play for free with the coolest gear without stats for real money(I don't mean that I want stats for real money, I just want to play for the cool gear.)

There are already a ton of uniques getting 3d art with this patch. Check the announcements a while back.
IGN: vaiNe_
More shiny stuff is all nice but please would you consider making something for those of us who'd like to get some old leather, rust, blood stains, barnacles and assorted grime and dirt on their equipment, too? Because all of those would be an instant must-have for me (and, from the threads where mtx like extra dirt were suggested/discussed, quite a lot of other people, too). :-)
Hm, don't like it :( Don't get me wrong - the armour looks cool as fuck. I get why you put in the skulls, the pilgrim hat and stuff like that. But IMO stuff like this should be badass armours ingame that you can use the skin transfer on. Skin transfers kinda pointless if you keep adding stuff like this.
"
S3ph1r0th wrote:
Can't even appreciate this is a f2p game and GGG isn't obliged to deliver anything (especially so soon after release).

The F2P aspect doesn't figure into it. I, like many here, spent money on the game and we are not freeloaders who should never raise from our knees and never open our mouths, so to me, it makes zero difference if the game is technically free or costs money. It's funded by players, not from Chris' own pockets. Besides, I'm at an age where time matters more than money. I don't play games only because they're free.

Also, since you feel the need to attack me, at least spend some time reading the posts. I was responding to a guy calling this a "huge expansion", which I disagree with. I didn't expect more from this content update than we get, and it's enough to keep me playing. I'm even excited about it!

(But we did have almost-announcements about an act 5 in March, and we were given the impression the new trading system would be done, so it is understandable why people might feel that this mini expansion is a little skinny.)
Chris, is there a chance that you guys can release the patch to download sooner ? From what I have heard, it will be avaible one hour before the release.

I am pretty sure there are some people like me, who have really slow connections ( 2 mb/s ), and it will take a while before we can download the full patch.

The reason why I am asking about that, is that me and my guild mates have teams set up for the begining of the league. And we won't be able to play together at the same time. Because of course, everyone wants to be ahead fast without losing too much time.

Would be amazing if you guys managed to put it up for download a bit sooner.

Cheers.
Øvè®þðwé® Øvê®®ûn Øvè®çðmé
Last edited by 3XE on Mar 3, 2014, 8:30:51 AM
"
petden wrote:
Characters without microtransactions look awful, especially the STR armor wielding ones. You should focus on that.

Looking sexy is the last thing to worry about here.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info