ZERO Currency drop

Ohh....lol, i've just noticed that some of the posters in here have been banned
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
Some. But others have had legitimate issues. Also, my support email Mike implied that he looked but not touched anything (but the issue was fixed after he looked at it), which without further info from GGG, implies that they may not be able to distinguish between "there was never a problem" and "there was a problem and now it's fixed", which leads to people with legitimate problems getting accused of botting, because "obviously" false positives are "so rare".
IGN: Totemofo
"
lordbadguy wrote:
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
Some. But others have had legitimate issues. Also, my support email Mike implied that he looked but not touched anything (but the issue was fixed after he looked at it), which without further info from GGG, implies that they may not be able to distinguish between "there was never a problem" and "there was a problem and now it's fixed", which leads to people with legitimate problems getting accused of botting, because "obviously" false positives are "so rare".

I am aware that other posts have been made about not gaining currency in this thread including the possibility of a broken mouse triggering this currency lock.

All have claimed innocence and i was just commenting that some including the OP were infact cheating and got banned for it.

And tbh i think you are looking to much into "him looking at it" all he has done is check code...if there was a lock he hasn't seen it which really leaves you with bad RNG and coincidence.

"
lagwin1980 wrote:
And tbh i think you are looking to much into "him looking at it" all he has done is check code...if there was a lock he hasn't seen it which really leaves you with bad RNG and coincidence.
Utter bollocks. No more than 5 portal scrolls over the duration of leveling a character from 1-48 is not a matter of simple bad RNG, no matter how you slice it.

Since the issue was fixed for me after my account was reviewed, that leads me to believe that one of:

A) There was an error in the system that resolved itself automatically when Mike reviewed the account status. This could have be a matter of bad initialization that was cleaned up by the tools used to review accounts, but other than that I can't speculate much other than observing the pre-conditions, stated-actions, and results of stated-actions externally.

B) They fixed it, but are making it sound like they didn't do anything, because they're so secretive about their anti-botting system that they won't even admit when it messes up.

In case A, noise should certainly be made about this so that the issue can be actually fixed and not result in accusations of cheating against players who are not. While five people in this thread were banned, this does not justify assuming that everyone who brings this topic up is cheating.

In case B, without further statement/information from GGG confirming, the possibility that Case A might be true precludes me from throwing players who have gone through this issue (like I have) under the bus.
IGN: Totemofo
lol at the ban-fest in this thread. Nice to know GGG is merciless.
No longer a forum dweller, please use PM for contact purposes.
"
lordbadguy wrote:
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
Utter bollocks. No more than 5 portal scrolls over the duration of leveling a character from 1-48 is not a matter of simple bad RNG, no matter how you slice it.

Since the issue was fixed for me after my account was reviewed, that leads me to believe that one of:

A) There was an error in the system that resolved itself automatically when Mike reviewed the account status. This could have be a matter of bad initialization that was cleaned up by the tools used to review accounts, but other than that I can't speculate much other than observing the pre-conditions, stated-actions, and results of stated-actions externally.

B) They fixed it, but are making it sound like they didn't do anything, because they're so secretive about their anti-botting system that they won't even admit when it messes up.

In case A, noise should certainly be made about this so that the issue can be actually fixed and not result in accusations of cheating against players who are not. While five people in this thread were banned, this does not justify assuming that everyone who brings this topic up is cheating.

In case B, without further statement/information from GGG confirming, the possibility that Case A might be true precludes me from throwing players who have gone through this issue (like I have) under the bus.

My fucking god...you said zero, now you say you had some scrolls which nails it to RNG....end of.

Last edited by lagwin1980 on Nov 4, 2013, 3:13:04 AM
"
lordbadguy wrote:
"
Sickk wrote:
people who don't cheat ( which should be the ones that matter ) will not be affected at all.
Except the people who were. You seemed to miss the part where several people's accounts got fixed after almost a week of no currency drops, which needed fixing because we were effected.

Oh i'm sorry i didn't think about reading a whole 8 pages thread of botters whining about drops. Of course there will always be exceptions, but at least they are coming back to it if it was a mistake, unlike some other developers ...
"
Sickk wrote:
Oh i'm sorry i didn't think about reading a whole 8 pages thread of botters whining about drops.

-1 / 10

next time you better take the time to read the posts before generally accusing people of botting as 70% of people complaining here just had bad luck according to chris.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Not bad luck at all, complete bollocks.

After I stopped getting any currency on my main char, i started testing things out with this non-sense flagging system. This are the results I received:

-If you were in a party with a "flagged" player and traded, you get flagged yourself (for instance giving someone scrolls of wisdom during a map run in my case)
-Your currency drops aren't minimal, their drop chance are just decreased by a mile. I went into a 2000% drop unique map, and did in fact recieve a whole 2 wisdom and 1 portal from chest there, otherwise i was doing docks for 7 hours over the last few days and recieved nada.
-This brings me to a conclusion that drop rates in this game are "adjustable" on behalf of game masters or whatever you call them, which brings me to a further "bollocks" call out, as that means it creates unfair environment for different players. I myself sure have noticed some characters receiving more drops over the course of leveling than others as i have lvling sets available, and usually just throw the currency together to see how much i get till i hit 50-60. No wonder streamers always have amazing gear and get 6 links within less than 50 fuses, while some people have used over a thousand and still can't get it.

And further more, this whole flagging system makes no sense to me at all, if your system suspects a cheater, look into it and ban the person or set him free. What's the point of creating a system that WILL flag normal players and crush their gameplay for the duration it takes you to come up with the decision, that is incredibly flawed system. I'm a week now from not getting anything and this is just causing me to want to stop playing this all together, what the hell is the point. can't even start a new league char since 0 currency. This is just nonsense.
it would be "funny" if the more you buy stash, the more GGG increase your drop rate so you can fullfill them quickly and buy more stash etc...

IGN TylordRampage

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info