ZERO Currency drop

"
Sickk wrote:
I didn't accuse anyone mate I was just stating that i like GGG's approach to cheaters. Stop their drops , let them come here and complain, do the check and if it turns out they are indeed botting ban then. Simple as that
One of the reasons I dislike how GGG is handling this is the bolded section right here, which goes against their prior stance of not allowing public shaming and witch hunts (see threads calling out scammers getting names excised). But no, if you're a false-positive on their anti-botting, not only is there no hint to why your drops are being screwed unless you go to the forums, but if you go to the forums you have to put up with slander and witch hunts.
IGN: Totemofo
"
Chris wrote:
I checked a bunch of accounts in this thread. I see two groups of people:

70% of people: People complaining they're not finding currency drops when they actually are finding a normal amount and there's no problem.

30% of people: People who are clearly using bot software and are surprised that we aren't just ignoring it.

If you're finding no currency and you're 100% certain you've never done anything wrong, contact support@grindinggear.com and we'll get it sorted out. There is a bit of an email backlog. Please note that it's extremely rare for there to be a false positive with this type of stuff - we're very careful with who it is applied to.

I'm sorry about the tone of this post. It's just really frustrating to watch people posting on botting forums about how stupid we are for not banning them, then posting in here about how it's unfair they aren't getting an optimal game experience.

"
BrianWeissman wrote:
We do not have the ability to give accounts favorable drop or currency-use status, nor would we ever enable such a thing for any reason.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/431341/page/5#p3802561
Casually casual.

"
TheAnuhart wrote:

"
BrianWeissman wrote:
We do not have the ability to give accounts favorable drop or currency-use status, nor would we ever enable such a thing for any reason.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/431341/page/5#p3802561

Be aware that it's favorable drop status not unfavorable that he was speaking of. :)
"
Jojas wrote:
Be aware that it's favorable drop status not unfavorable that he was speaking of. :)

One and the same, as far as capability.

"
TheAnuhart wrote:

Yes it is ridiculous.

I personally find the "Kripp gets increased drops" threads as laughable as Brian.

However, Brian saying they literally can't do this is in fact, now shown to be, wrong.
They indeed can.

People respond with "but it is a toggle, on/off, that's all".

OK, even if that is the limits of the code.
We have all seen famine and plenty, it happens so damned obviously.
RNG is RNG?

Maybe it is.

However, even with the toggle-only coding.

Player X is set to toggle always on.
Bot is set to toggle always off.
Player Y is toggled on/off at xtime interval.

Unlikely?
Yes.

"
BrianWeissman wrote:

?

no.
Casually casual.

"
TheAnuhart wrote:
"
Jojas wrote:

One and the same, as far as capability.

"
TheAnuhart wrote:

Yes it is ridiculous.

I personally find the "Kripp gets increased drops" threads as laughable as Brian.

However, Brian saying they literally can't do this is in fact, now shown to be, wrong.
They indeed can.

People respond with "but it is a toggle, on/off, that's all".

OK, even if that is the limits of the code.
We have all seen famine and plenty, it happens so damned obviously.
RNG is RNG?

Maybe it is.

However, even with the toggle-only coding.

Player X is set to toggle always on.
Bot is set to toggle always off.
Player Y is toggled on/off at xtime interval.

Unlikely?
Yes.

"
BrianWeissman wrote:

?

no.

I'll put it simply for you then.

There is no way for them to give favorable(better) drops to any account
Their automated system can eliminate currency drops if accounts are flagged.
At no point do the drop rates increase above "normal" which has been stated and is true
At certain points the drops can be limited which has also been stated and true...at no point do these statements conflict with each other.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by lagwin1980 on Nov 6, 2013, 5:20:11 PM
"
lagwin1980 wrote:

At no point do the drop rates increase above "normal" which has been stated and is true
At certain points the drops can be limited which has also been stated and true...at no point do these statements conflict with each other.

IF the "normal" is toggled on, always.

Which neither you nor I know.

Considering that it could be easily the case, or altered at any time to be so, that the "normal" is toggled on/off at a certain frequency.

Then the ability to give favourable drops is very much possible.

This doesn't mean they do, it just means they most certainly can.
Casually casual.

Of course they can. They only need to modify the game's code accordingly.
But you seem to believe that they have done so already and keep quiet about it so they can ninja boost drops of their favorite players, or what is it that you want to say?
meh
Last edited by Dzizzo on Nov 6, 2013, 11:35:18 PM
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
"
lagwin1980 wrote:

IF the "normal" is toggled on, always.

Which neither you nor I know.

Considering that it could be easily the case, or altered at any time to be so, that the "normal" is toggled on/off at a certain frequency.

Then the ability to give favourable drops is very much possible.

This doesn't mean they do, it just means they most certainly can.

as far as we know there are only two possible conditions:
account not flagged -> drops "on"
account flagged -> drops "off"

you are jnust speculationg that there are mutliple stages possible in between, but we don't know about that and there is no dev statement indicating it.
You will never be happy if
you continue to search for
what happiness consists of.
You will never live if you are
looking for the meaning of life.
"
feuerbach wrote:

as far as we know there are only two possible conditions:
account not flagged -> drops "on"
account flagged -> drops "off"

There's infinite numbers between on (1.0) and off (0.0). GGG could easily be able to influence droprates of every player if they wanted. But I highly doubt this is the case. When they want to influence the economy, they tweak global rates.

Anyway, this is a hilarious way to punish botters :D

It reminds me of the anti-piracy defense that Operation Flashpoint had - game would run, but if it was a craked version, the gameplay would become more & more difficult to impossible. Also graphical glitches & other annoyances would be introduced :)
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info