ZERO Currency drop

"
Chris wrote:
"
Vertraag wrote:

Not to turn this thread into a grab for you to check everyone's account, but could you please check mine for me as well? I'd be shocked if my account is "normal" so I am assuming that I have been blacklisted for cheating, which I fully insist I did not do.

Yours has been. Please talk to support and they can hopefully sort it out. I am sorry about their response times - there is so much mail with release.

No worries about the delay, just glad to hear a response is coming at some point. Thanks for looking into it.
Owner of Path of Exile Builds (http://pathofexilebuilds.com)
IGN: Unguided
"
Chris wrote:
"
Vertraag wrote:

Not to turn this thread into a grab for you to check everyone's account, but could you please check mine for me as well? I'd be shocked if my account is "normal" so I am assuming that I have been blacklisted for cheating, which I fully insist I did not do.

Yours has been. Please talk to support and they can hopefully sort it out. I am sorry about their response times - there is so much mail with release.

Out of curiosity could a broken razor naga mouse ( it outputs a single left click as 2 clicks, almost instantly ) cause someone to be false-positve flagged?

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/59113-3-fixing-razer-naga-mouse-double-clicking-problem-walkthrough

I have this issue with my mouse and when i open the sell item window and id items i will frequently crash due to my mouse instant double clicking. Same thing with creating characters and clicking on various "button" type things ingame. I avoid the problem now by not ID'ing items in the sell window.
IGN: Payoiatis
I've taken a look at threads over at bot central and... yeah.

Stick to your guns GGG. Botters having problems means game remains healthy.
Hi all,

Please bear in mind it will take us time to sort through to your case, so please be patient. Any emails sent, will be seen too eventually and they will be dealt with as quickly as they can be. I know that this can be stressful, but the sheer volume of incoming emails flooding support at the moment is astronomical.

If you've already sent an email into support regarding this issue, then please don't send another, your email will already be queued to be seen too!

- Mike
It seems strange to me that you wouldn't just ban the accounts found cheating. Obviously if someone wasn't cheating and support can verify that the account would be unbanned. Seems like a weird sort of passive aggressive sneaky way to deal with cheaters...
"
haplessG00N wrote:
It seems strange to me that you wouldn't just ban the accounts found cheating. Obviously if someone wasn't cheating and support can verify that the account would be unbanned. Seems like a weird sort of passive aggressive sneaky way to deal with cheaters...

Im assuming its due to RMT botting programs would detect a banned account. automatically make another and begin botting immediately, this way the bots would not notice it immediately and will keep on botting uselessly.

Though it would be useful if they sent out an email , much like "coin lock" that other games use so that false positives which can occur, like myself, can respond sooner to get their accounts fixed so that we don't play for hours or days thinking we are just unlucky.
Yay to GGG and the anti-botting tactics!

I like how it's anti drop instead of anti account. that's really quite clever :) hope it stops unique drops as well...

of course, wouldn't want to be one of the rare false positives. but alas, that's a necessary evil. hope those who have been wrongly caught (if that is indeed the case) get their issues sorted out :)
I know we are all happy about steps being taken to kill RMT and botters, but the point of this thread is to tackle the problem of people being flagged false-positives. I'm sure there is a thread to congratulate them on their successes.

Hopefully people who are innocent and getting hit by this issue get priority on getting their problems fixed.

Imagine how bad it feels, knowing you are innocent, and an honest player, to be labeled falsely as a cheater right at the beginning of 1.0 and a new league you have been stoked for months about.
Last edited by Abuero on Oct 30, 2013, 1:47:48 AM
"
Chris wrote:
Edit: I checked your account - either it receives normal drops or it has already been fixed for you.
Mike got to my account and emailed me back before your post (or mine for that matter, my prior post had been through my phone while I was out of the house). Thanks for taking the time to go over things, the issue seems to be resolved now (more portal scroll drops in one Docks run than the entirety of leveling my new Scion to level 48, Wisdom Scroll drops no longer more than twenty times rarer than Rare items, and other currency actually drops now).

The peculiar thing is that Mike's email seemed to imply that he "looked but didn't touch", and that still ended up fixing things. I don't know how much about the surrounding issue you [care to / are allowed to] talk about*, but if this is indeed a bug that persists until someone peeks at the account under the hood, this could very well explain why you're getting a volume of complaints that end up looking normal post-investigation (aka people who had the issue but appear to be in your 70% category).

Sorry for any hostility on the forums / reddit threads, I hope you can understand my frustration with trying to draw attention to this issue without it being immediately dismissed.

*: I'd also be interested in hearing details that you can share about the issue, as a programmer and curious person.
IGN: Totemofo
Last edited by lordbadguy on Oct 30, 2013, 3:49:16 AM
"
dlrr wrote:
Yay to GGG and the anti-botting tactics!

I like how it's anti drop instead of anti account. that's really quite clever :) hope it stops unique drops as well...

of course, wouldn't want to be one of the rare false positives. but alas, that's a necessary evil. hope those who have been wrongly caught (if that is indeed the case) get their issues sorted out :)

It appears to be uniques, currency, and maps. I still find rares, but of course I can't identify them since no scrolls drop.
Owner of Path of Exile Builds (http://pathofexilebuilds.com)
IGN: Unguided

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info