ZERO Currency drop

Oh man i love this thread!

Very good job GGG, don't ban them , cut down their currency drops and let them cry on the forums, people who don't cheat ( which should be the ones that matter ) will not be affected at all.
Last edited by Sickk on Nov 1, 2013, 8:57:26 AM
I agree with the strategy being a strong counter to botting, but I think they could atleast notify those affected by it. I am also one of those who's not getting anything while playing solo and I have never even thought of botting/cheating. I really hope that they fix this soon or I'll ask for a refund for all my packs and what not (if that is even possible).
IGN: PantsAreSilly
"
ThePetre wrote:
I agree with the strategy being a strong counter to botting, but I think they could atleast notify those affected by it. I am also one of those who's not getting anything while playing solo and I have never even thought of botting/cheating. I really hope that they fix this soon or I'll ask for a refund for all my packs and what not (if that is even possible).

While a notification would be nice, the consistency of the contents of such notifications would make it easy to update existing bots to identify when an account has been compromised.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
"
"
ThePetre wrote:

While a notification would be nice, the consistency of the contents of such notifications would make it easy to update existing bots to identify when an account has been compromised.

Wouldn't it be quite obvious that the bot is not working if you get zero currency though? I have no idea of how efficient bots are but I'm guessing they are more efficient than playing the intended way, which means you would notice the change much faster.
"
ThePetre wrote:
"
"
ThePetre wrote:

Wouldn't it be quite obvious that the bot is not working if you get zero currency though? I have no idea of how efficient bots are but I'm guessing they are more efficient than playing the intended way, which means you would notice the change much faster.

True I suppose, but a message the moment the bots trigger the cheat prevention system would mean the bots don't waste time for a while before realizing there is no worthwhile loot :)
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Last edited by Nicholas_Steel on Nov 2, 2013, 11:20:54 AM
Also true^. Anyways, is GGG having a blast farming Wisdom Scrolls as i sit here wondering what to do?
Last edited by ThePetre on Nov 2, 2013, 11:43:08 AM
Take it you've still not had a reply to the email you sent?

It could take some time as the have a large backlog due to the amount of help request when the game launched...think it took almost a week in some cases for the transition from closed to open beta to get a reply and the same thing happened then.
Doesn't help that they only have 30 odd support staff to deal with it though.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
Sickk wrote:
people who don't cheat ( which should be the ones that matter ) will not be affected at all.
Except the people who were. You seemed to miss the part where several people's accounts got fixed after almost a week of no currency drops, which needed fixing because we were effected.
IGN: Totemofo
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
Take it you've still not had a reply to the email you sent?

It could take some time as the have a large backlog due to the amount of help request when the game launched...think it took almost a week in some cases for the transition from closed to open beta to get a reply and the same thing happened then.
Doesn't help that they only have 30 odd support staff to deal with it though.

Yeah, I guess I should be more patient. They are after all doing a great job in general. Just a couple of unfortunate happenings.
Same thing happened to me, i never botted and never bought anything for poe from sites other than official (bought some weapon effects etc). In my "no currency" case, i believe the problem was when a friend of mine from wow gave me quite a lot of currency resources and was giving over the last 2 weeks or so (when i started to play). I mean if i ever ran out of gear lvling i'd ask him for an alchemy or when i needed to fuse i'd ask him, etc, things like that. And today i noticed i'm not getting any currency at all either. I believe their automatic system also flags accounts that use/get traded lots of currency which they never could have had. Or maybe I guess playing through the weekend didn't help either T_T. What a bummer because i just hit 75+lvls and was stacking up on rare maps to farm them this week.
Last edited by Ashkatar on Nov 2, 2013, 3:32:53 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info