Today's 0.11.0d Patch and the upcoming 0.11.1 Patch

"
Chris wrote:
and some internal changes that affect how damage is calculated

Would this include the change to the physical damage calculation? Specifically the +x-x physical damage mods and they way they are calculated.
IGN - Jiizanthapus
I want to know what challenge Chris has completed. Is there a way of seeing it on the website? o_0
"
We're currently working towards the 0.11.1 patch, which will contain dozens of new pieces of helmet art and some internal changes that affect how damage is calculated, among many other things

Muahahahha... ;D A buddy of mine was f...ing pissed with 0.11.0 saying (just after 0.11.0 patch notes came online): "Why the hell GGG wastes time on all the respecing, changing life values... The hell... They should've just change couple of lines of code related to armour."

I'm happy you guys observe and listen to community feedback, take wise deicisions and are not afraid to adjust, balance and correct.

Looking forward to new helmets! xD
IGN Kinnat (S) / Sihaam (S) / Aedhammair (S) / Ranulfr (S)
☄ 1.0.0 The Butchery of Mages Patch
Last edited by entropus on Jun 13, 2013, 9:23:00 AM
"
thetdev wrote:
I want to know what challenge Chris has completed. Is there a way of seeing it on the website? o_0

I think there's just only one challenge that can be done within such small time - at least when considered the fresh economy (no currency in stash) and no cheating ^^ (And I bet, he did not; or there would be much more than just one challenge solved)

there's actually no way to see details on the challenges beside the page on your account, AFAIK.
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
Thanks for 0.11.0 patch!
Thats all I want fo say.

"
ShinoRagnar wrote:
"
Chris wrote:
"
Will that also include 3D art seen outside of the inventory? That is key.

Yes, and it's amazing. Honestly, most of them are as awesome as the microtransaction helmets we sell.

Can't wait to see them!

Also you started updating the Unique Shields with custom 3D-art/models, and they look great! Is there any hope for armor/gloves/weapons with custom models?

Guess eventually there will be 3D art for every unique. The evasion/energy shield hybrid chest "Carcass Jack" already has it's 3D model implemented.
Okay, I'm a little confused...

lets take the current armor helmets for example:

Rusted Casque
Footman's Casque
Gladiator Casque
Executioner Casque
Imperial Casque
Reaver Casque
Mercenary Casque
Vaal Casque
Destroyer Casque
Annihilator Casque
Armageddon Casque

there is a total of 11 helmets, 5 of them have custom art, the other 6 just repeat the same look

If we look at this picture:
Spoiler

we can see a total of 11 armor helmets...

so does that mean that the current artwork for helms will be scrapped?

Also, helmets are supposed to match body armor right?

again taking strength body armor as an example, there is a total of 17 body armors, 7 of them having custom art.

will there be new body armor art?
will there be 17 armors or 11 to match the helmets?
same questions as above regarding gloves.
Last edited by Coal48 on Jun 13, 2013, 9:22:48 AM

I have to admit, I like you guys, you are doin great work, the game did really improve in the last months.

Hope i will have more time to actually play more soon.
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get me.
"
weezamon wrote:
@ rawsome83: I think he is referencing this from the diamond newsletter

Insider Info

The image linked below is a planning image for a more full art progression for helmets.

http://i.imgur.com/eOtHfy3.jpg

Oh man all those art styles for new helmets makes my head asplode
"
Chris wrote:
"
Yendis wrote:
What exactly do you mean by 'the way damage is calculated'.
Does this imply a change to the way our armor interacts with monster damage. Or is it our damage vs monsters that's affected?

It's an internal change that won't have much effect on what users see, but does allow us to do a lot more complex stuff in the future (many new unique items are possible now, for example). Mark can talk at length about the other benefits the change has.

We'll come up with a more complete list of changes for that patch soon.

So the changes to make Physical Damage from equipment scale with %increased melee physical damage and so on are still far off?
IGN Iiyoru (Ambush League)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info