PoE - Diablo 3

There are only 1 actual developer, 1 producer and 1 composer from Diablo team in Runic Games (makers of Torchlight) from 50+ Diablo team. Also the creator of the series (David Brevik) was not among them.

The new team can make a good game but cannot make a Diablo game.

Original Diablo and Diablo 2 share the same spirit, same style and same creativity.

D3 would definetely a better Diablo game if Blizz North made it.

We can't review PoE's gameplay yet but the style, the creativity, graphics and sounds are great and fits into the dark gothic arpg.
He who fights with monsters
might take care lest he thereby
become a monster.
"
innoruuk wrote:
all people here will play d3 and Poe, because we love this genre.. i think this thread goes off topic we shouldn´t say eyy diablo 3 is bad or poe is the true diablo or something like that. we dont know it!! and the time will bring us the trues;) for sure.

Actually in truth I probably won't play Diablo 3 longer than an hour. I hated this art style that they have before it crept into Diablo. I played the original Warcraft and Warcraft 2 to death, but when Warcraft 3 came out I was so utterly disappointing with the direction they took it that I couldn't play it for more than an hour before uninstalling it from my computer. Years later I gave it another chance and told myself that it must be good since so many others have enjoyed it, but I hated the environment and the atmosphere way too much and came to the same conclusion I had before.

I think the Blizzard fanboys are incredibly optimistic about how other people perceive this game. I'm not for it, and no I won't be buying it. I think I will give it a chance, but I'm not expecting to get far. I can't even stomach watching the game play trailers.
I have no history with Diablo nor any compulsion to start one with D3. I do, however, love the exceedingly rare adult/horror atmosphere. I enjoy a good ARPG, and I absolutely adore indie development. PoE is what I'm anticipating, Blizz' coming creation doesn't even show up on my radar. Blizz will do fine without adding another fan to its legions. I'll gladly add PoE to my games-I-play roster and never give D3 another thought.
You'll be surprised what you can live through.
Soldiers of the Wasteland
sotwguild.com
"
permaximum wrote:
There are only 1 actual developer, 1 producer and 1 composer from Diablo team in Runic Games (makers of Torchlight) from 50+ Diablo team. Also the creator of the series (David Brevik) was not among them.

The new team can make a good game but cannot make a Diablo game.

Original Diablo and Diablo 2 share the same spirit, same style and same creativity.

D3 would definetely a better Diablo game if Blizz North made it.

We can't review PoE's gameplay yet but the style, the creativity, graphics and sounds are great and fits into the dark gothic arpg.

"The new team cannot make a Diablo game"

No idea what this means, they clearly are making a Diablo game. Perhaps you meant "cannot make a game that is exactly the same as D2 but, in some way, innovative and interesting" that is true, no sequal can be just like the original but better.

"Original Diablo and Diablo 2 share the same spirit/style/creativity"

Well, all of those points are hardly demonstrateable and lend more towards one's personal taste than anything else. I think D3 is very creative (seems why a lot of people hate it) I think it shares a lot of the same style (to down/hack'n'slash/loot grind)... as for spirit.. not sure what you mean.

"D3 would be better if Blizzard North made it"

Maybe, maybe not. No way to know.

I actually went to Blizzcon and saw the D3 demo... it's dark, it's bloody. True the graphics look different because it's using a much better engine then D2. But, a lot of people seem to be equating modern graphics too... the carebears cartoon or something. D3 isn't a bright happy cartoon at all. The first level is a bit... happy I suppose... but the levels grow increasingly more dark as the game progresses (much like D2/D1 how "dark" were the starting areas in those games? By dark I mean not... poorly lit (as they were) but dark in tone).
"the premier Action RPG for hardcore gamers."
-GGG

Happy hunting/fishing
I agree the original Blizzard North is probably the only team that could acurately produce Diablo III along the lines of the first 2.

But not necessarily make a better game than what Blizz is currently producing.

Sometimes, sequals tend to "wear out" the old tried and true gameplay. So in that sense, Diablo III might be moving in the best possible direction without their original team.

I still think they are screwing up in bad ways though. For instance, stat allocation. Trading customization for convenience is never good.
"
MerchantKill wrote:
I have no history with Diablo nor any compulsion to start one with D3. I do, however, love the exceedingly rare adult/horror atmosphere. I enjoy a good ARPG, and I absolutely adore indie development. PoE is what I'm anticipating, Blizz' coming creation doesn't even show up on my radar. Blizz will do fine without adding another fan to its legions. I'll gladly add PoE to my games-I-play roster and never give D3 another thought.

If you missed out on Diablo I & II, I am sorry but no excuse is acceptable to ignore these games if you have any love for hack and slashing.

"
Ironembraced wrote:
I still think they are screwing up in bad ways though. For instance, stat allocation. Trading customization for convenience is never good.

Except that they are adding more customization in ways that won't be appreciated until the game is safely installed on your computer.
Happy Days Abound.
"
Silver wrote:
"
Ironembraced wrote:

Except that they are adding more customization in ways that won't be appreciated until the game is safely installed on your computer.

I've heard that alot from Bashiok and Jay Wilson. Sounds promising...but I don't know if I agree with addition by subtraction in this case. I'm saving my criticism until I have it on my computer like you said.

I am just a lil worried about Jay's over-confidence in his own decision making. Not sure if he is even open minded to community suggestions and issues.
"
Ironembraced wrote:
"
Silver wrote:
"
Ironembraced wrote:

I've heard that alot from Bashiok and Jay Wilson. Sounds promising...but I don't know if I agree with addition by subtraction in this case. I'm saving my criticism until I have it on my computer like you said.

I am just a lil worried about Jay's over-confidence in his own decision making. Not sure if he is even open minded to community suggestions and issues.

It's not addition by subtraction...
They're not saying "Well by not allowing players to place their stats in whatever they want this allows them to customize their characters more."

They're adding different and easily more effective ways to customize characters. Dyes, skill runes, shit like that.

And anybody that says Diablo 1 and 2 are the same in any way other than core gameplay and lore, they're fucking morons.
@Septile

Sshhh. Don't get angry my friend. We are all looking forward to some entertainment here. Diablo 3 can be criticised. Accept that and be calm. ;)
He who fights with monsters
might take care lest he thereby
become a monster.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info