PoE - Diablo 3

"
Kahoder wrote:

Anyways, for me PoE wins for 2 reasons. First, the skill system and second it's an indie game. The thing with compagnies that were indie and then became commercial is that they don't innovate anymore. They just rehash their old concepts.

Okay, I'll give you the skill system, its pretty unique, but you can't judge it before you play the game.

But POE is better because it's Indie? Thats the most retarded thing I've heard all week.

Have you not read up on Diablo 3 at all?
The rune system in that game is looking out to be incredible.... And its a huge step up from the second game. The skill system is also renovated because of this.
Diablo 3 will be a big company game without the soul. With those huge resources and huge time behind it(in production since 2001); better it becomes a good game and sells millions otherwise Blizzard fails hard.
He who fights with monsters
might take care lest he thereby
become a monster.
Gotta agree with D_Homes, not sure why "being Indie" makes you better. Being free sure is nice, though :).

The rune system is kind of innovative. The skill system in PoE rocks and is a bit innovative as well, but the concept isn't new.

It's pretty hard for any game coming out to be totally innovative.

As for comparing the two, why bother? You know you are going to play both :).
the development of the diablo 3 who all knows began in the end of 2004,early 2005. The old diablo 2.5 began 2001 till 2003. there´re some models of the game and they are bad:D 6 years of development is normal for a good game
The rune system is kind of innovative? Hahahaha

There were many games have that concept before.

This is the first time I see PoE's skill system but heard that FF7 used some part of it also. But if something is innovative here it's PoE's skill system because there is only 1 close example for it. For D3 I can give you lots of examples.

Edit:

@innoruuk

You're right. But Have Blizzard been spending money and time since 2001 for Diablo 3?

Then it's over. It's what matters for companies and fans. I don't care about when the new D3 team began working on it nor Blizzard management care.
become a monster.
"
permaximum wrote:

Name them.

"
permaximum wrote:
For D3 I can give you lots of examples.

Okay, give me some examples then.
typical development life of a game is more like 4 years. Blizzard always takes forever to release their games.
Yes good sir, I enjoy slaying mythical creatures.
I was waiting for D3 until i found PoE but... Of what i've seen on Diablo3, they're starting to implement systems from WoW? Really? I'm starting to hate everything related to that game, and blizzard is starting to get cheap, even the talents and everything i've seen look exactly like WoW.
Meh, this looks better.
"
D_Homes wrote:
"
permaximum wrote:

Name them.

"
permaximum wrote:
For D3 I can give you lots of examples.

Okay, give me some examples then.

Isn't rune system some type of skill modifier? Yes. Then there are lots of games use it. First comes to my mind is WoW glyphs and LoL runes. OFC they aren't exactly the same but nothing is same if you look at from that perspective.
become a monster.
"
haniyou wrote:
I was waiting for D3 until i found PoE but... Of what i've seen on Diablo3, they're starting to implement systems from WoW? Really? I'm starting to hate everything related to that game, and blizzard is starting to get cheap, even the talents and everything i've seen look exactly like WoW.
Meh, this looks better.

Yes, because anything even remotely similar to the greatest selling and most played game of all time must be bad.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info