PoE - Diablo 3

Well i just think some people are more excited for POE. Its not like D3 is grudged in this forum if anything most people are going to play it when it comes out including the developers. The main difference is that POE serves a need that D3 seems to be ignoring. Which is people wanting realistic dark setting game more aligned to the previous Diablo entries whereas D3 has taken a turn for more casual.
Yes good sir, I enjoy slaying mythical creatures.
d3 still looks really cartoony. almost like theyre trying to appeal to a larger audience by making it closer to wow then D2.

and honestly, i get ALOT more excited when i see a POE video than when i see a d3 trailer.

Imo POE takes the win.
I think there's plenty of room for both games to co-exist without any competition.

Fact is, PoE is free to play. That means that there's no upfront cost.

Diablo 3 will have an upfront cost, then be free to play.

So really we're getting the best of two worlds which ever game we decide to play. Though I have no doubt most of us will play both.
Happy Days Abound.
"
p0rt wrote:
d3 still looks really cartoony. almost like theyre trying to appeal to a larger audience by making it closer to wow then D2.

and honestly, i get ALOT more excited when i see a POE video than when i see a d3 trailer.

Imo POE takes the win.

D3 looks "cartoony" because they're trying to keep the system requirements low, not because they're trying to pull in WoW players.
I'm looking forward to D3. Have been ever since I heard rumours of it in 2005.

But PoE is free to play so it will have a fan base on that alone.

I will play both games, most of my friends love diablo so I may play that more with them if I cant get them into PoE.
RIP Bolto
"
Septile wrote:

D3 looks "cartoony" because they're trying to keep the system requirements low, not because they're trying to pull in WoW players.

lol is that what they said? its because it brings in a larger target audience and kids like shiny bright graphics, of course they want to pull in WOW players who have not played diablo before. not to mention they want to shimy around the licensing rating
"
eversorgod wrote:
"
Septile wrote:

lol is that what they said? its because it brings in a larger target audience and kids like shiny bright graphics, of course they want to pull in WOW players who have not played diablo before. not to mention they want to shimy around the licensing rating

Did Blizzard kill your family or something? You seem to be making rage-induced ramblings.
I preordered Diablo 3 at my Gamestop a couple months ago already, so i guess im going to play it. Diablo 2 was amazing, diablo 3 looks good, in fact it looks great, but i think PoE will just blow D3 away (love the skill gems. Fantastic idea). That being said im much more excited for PoE than D3.
"
Septile wrote:
"
eversorgod wrote:
"
Septile wrote:

Did Blizzard kill your family or something? You seem to be making rage-induced ramblings.

and exactly where is the rage there? i fear you have never seen rage :-)

its the truth take it or leave it, means nothing to me
I'll be playing both if I enjoy them both.They both have interesting mechanics.I think POE will be more intesnse as its putting in more competitave aspects.Its hard to know how either games will play out till we get them.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info