PoE - Diablo 3

"
permaximum wrote:
@Septile

Sshhh. Don't get angry my friend. We are all looking forward to some entertainment here. Diablo 3 can be criticised. Accept that and be calm. ;)

I can accept any legitimate criticism that isn't just unfounded whining.
"

That a point of view.
Yes good sir, I enjoy slaying mythical creatures.
"
Septile wrote:

It's not addition by subtraction...
They're not saying "Well by not allowing players to place their stats in whatever they want this allows them to customize their characters more."

Jay specifically mentions in his interviews, that stat allocation is too confusing for some players, therefore he believes he is doing everyone a favor.

What is the big problem with allowing me create a 600 vitality barbarian if I wanted too...rather than the standard 300 vitality 300 strength that automation might have given me?

Perhaps I will feel differently when I am actually leveling up my character in D3. But right now all I can go off of is my experience playing D2. I couldn't even imagine playing D2 with automated stats.
"
Septile wrote:

And anybody that says Diablo 1 and 2 are the same in any way other than core gameplay and lore, they're fucking morons.

Uhh, hmmm...Gameplay and lore, isn't that pretty much the very foundation of a game?
"
Ironembraced wrote:

Jay specifically mentions in his interviews, that stat allocation is too confusing for some players, therefore he believes he is doing everyone a favor.

I guess you forgot to mention the fact that he or one of the developers said it would be easier to balance the game without stat allocation.

Also, the Talisman, and the player's gear selection / gem selections will make up for stat allocation pretty intensely.
Happy Days Abound.
"
Zidjian wrote:
"

That a point of view.

Ok? I'm the only person who will not tolerate unfounded whining? Fine.

"
Ironembraced wrote:
"
Septile wrote:

And anybody that says Diablo 1 and 2 are the same in any way other than core gameplay and lore, they're fucking morons.

Uhh, hmmm...Gameplay and lore, isn't that pretty much the very foundation of a game?

I said core gameplay and lore you stupid fuck, learn how to read.
Anybody who has played Diablo 1 a lot more than Diablo 2 can feel the huge difference in the games, like I have.
"
Silver wrote:
"
Ironembraced wrote:

I guess you forgot to mention the fact that he or one of the developers said it would be easier to balance the game without stat allocation.

Also, the Talisman, and the player's gear selection / gem selections will make up for stat allocation pretty intensely.

I guess I haven't read any recent comments about the issue. It does make sense, for trying to balance the game. But Diablo has never been balanced IMO. There were definitely perks to stat allocation in Diablo II.

But like I like I mentioned earlier, I would rather not have a heated discussion about it until I can get my hands on Diablo 3.
"
Septile wrote:

I said core gameplay and lore you stupid fuck, learn how to read.
Anybody who has played Diablo 1 a lot more than Diablo 2 can feel the huge difference in the games, like I have.

You noticed a difference between Diablo 1 and Diablo 2.

Are you saying that you are suprised that a game released almost 5 years later would feel "different" than the original?

The core of the game IS gameplay and lore!

Take away both of those, what do you have left...?

If the core of the game is graphics and lore, and you are referring to the "core graphics and lore of the game"... Wouldn't that be equal to the core of (the core)? Goddamn son, math is hard!
Holy fucking shit, you seriously can't read...
unbelieveable, I'm not even going to bother wasting any more time on you because there's no point in trying to explain something to somebody who doesn't even know how to read.
trolloloololoo
Yes good sir, I enjoy slaying mythical creatures.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info