PoE - Diablo 3

"
Ironembraced wrote:
"
MerchantKill wrote:
"
Ironembraced wrote:
If you missed out on Diablo I & II, I am sorry but no excuse is acceptable to ignore these games if you have any love for hack and slashing.

Nah. For me, there's a point at which a game is just plain dated. I was playing other games when D2 was launched. Years later, I downloaded and tried the demo - but couldn't get past the low resolution and outdated graphics. Call me a technophile, but sometimes, a game's just old. I've always heard great things about the Diablo series, but it passed me by while I was playing some other fantastic games - and I don't really feel I missed out on anything for it.

It's a case of Thomas Wolfe's 'you can't go home again' or, in my case - a severe lack of rose-colored-glasses in my outlook. Everything in its own good time, then move on when that time is over. I missed the Diablo series during its time, oh well.

One overlooked element in the To-D3-or-Not-to-D3 debate is one from the 'outsider's' perspective - ie, a game franchise with such a passionate legion of existing, ravenous fans can be a real turn-off to prospective new players. I know it is for me. Between whining from fans of the original 1 or 2 - to Blizz-can-do-no-wrong fanatics of D3 (which will come along as well) - I sincerely doubt I'll glean much enjoyment from that community.

D3 will make it's money on existing fans, for sure. And some new people will pick up the series as well. But rest assured, there are many like myself who will be turned off and or intimidated by the very prospect of wading into a pre-existing community that will likely be full of overheated trolling and fanboi denouncements/pronouncements.

Usually, such people are only the vocal minority. But when it comes to Blizzard titles... I'm not so sure. And not all that willing to risk it, either.

Fair enough.

I never understood the obcession with Diablo either, until I accidently got sucked into it.

Now I feel cursed, because no game producer has been able to re-create the experience.

Yes, I agree, no hack'n'slash has replaced D2 or even came close. Torchlight is to easy (the whole enchanter in town just breaks the game for me) not to mention that it has no storyline to speak of.

Sacred 1&2 were good... but, I just didn't get any sense of immersion out of it. TQ came the closest, but the fact that you have to farm specific enemies to find certain drops just turned me off. Also, and I know this is silly, it always bothered me in TQ that you had to wear a skirt. I know, I know, it takes place in ancient Greece and that's the garb they used, but still... I'd kill for some pants.

So, note to PoE creators... include pants.
"the premier Action RPG for hardcore gamers."
-GGG

Happy hunting/fishing
TQ was no match for d2 because it was way too easy to cheat, Torchlight had/has no multiplayer at all... Sacred 1 was not so bad but sacred 2 had a lot of bugs at the beginning and even now after dozens of patches it is not working perfectly from what i heard...
Original Diablo shares the greatest game of all time title with Half-Life imo.
He who fights with monsters
might take care lest he thereby
become a monster.
"
permaximum wrote:
Original Diablo shares the greatest game of all time title with Half-Life imo.

the original Half Life god i loved the sound bits in that game :)))...
"turn based rpg's are for people who have sausage fingers" -me
"

the original Half Life god i loved the sound bits in that game :)))...

Barney: Those Poor Bastards..
Freeman:......
Yes good sir, I enjoy slaying mythical creatures.
I'm looking forward to both games (and Guild Wars 2 as well).

This is going to be an awesome year for action RPGs
"
andrevv84 wrote:
Hmm tricky question.

I will for sure buy d3, for it's gameplay. But i think that POE win with D3 in category of people plaing in it. ( I hate childern from 9 to 18 ruining the atmosphere of the game and d3 on bnet will be full of it for sure).

If GGG will work with so dedicated fans that most of people here are ( conclusion after reading your posts) this game will win with d3. Why ? Blizzard have milions of sugestion that d3 must be non W.o.W., adult game and they still make candy like colored game...

cheers

http://www.thetechlounge.com/files/news/images/1246338457_d3-tshirt-rainbows.jpg

;)
Above content may contain traces of nonsense.

Reality is simply an unrealistic version of online gaming.
I have said before that I am (and have been) excited for Diablo 3

but to me PoE looks like its gonna be a better game. I'm definitely going to buy D3 when it comes out but PoE's gem and skill system looks so much more intriguing. Not to mention the level designs and lighting are big bonuses.
Plus the fact its not a choice between the 2 seeing as how POE is free. Though honestly i think i am just going to stick with it. See how good D3 is going to be.
Yes good sir, I enjoy slaying mythical creatures.
"
wakko wrote:
"
andrevv84 wrote:
Hmm tricky question.

I will for sure buy d3, for it's gameplay. But i think that POE win with D3 in category of people plaing in it. ( I hate childern from 9 to 18 ruining the atmosphere of the game and d3 on bnet will be full of it for sure).

If GGG will work with so dedicated fans that most of people here are ( conclusion after reading your posts) this game will win with d3. Why ? Blizzard have milions of sugestion that d3 must be non W.o.W., adult game and they still make candy like colored game...

cheers

http://www.thetechlounge.com/files/news/images/1246338457_d3-tshirt-rainbows.jpg

;)

You know that picture is funny because after getting huge complaints from the fanbase of Diablo 2 that the art direction was bad with Diablo 3, one of the lead devs made that T-shirt to kind of make fun of the situation. Well the jokes on them because that is how we actually view them. They should wear that shirt to work.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info