Streamers are all gushing over D4 - what am I missing? It seems extremely shallow compared to POE

"
Destructodave wrote:
"
odds wrote:
Played until lvl 25 with a Rogue and unlocked a lot of stuff in the openworld.
Feedback of skills in combat and sound are very good, but that’s it so far.
A lot of busy work mmo stuff, some stuff can be ok but other stuff is just running around in a big openworld void.

Dungeons are my biggest issue, just boring. WTF and I had been looking forward to grind them. But dungeons are so bad, after playing a dungeon once, the last thing you want to do, is playing it again. Never had this befor in any arpg game.

I am a big Necro fanboy since D2 and I will check out the Necro next week. That’s it.

I still hope for the best when it comes to the release of D4, but at the moment I am underwhelmed to be honest.

Well its lvl 25 act 1 stuff. I dunno why you guys are grinding early game dungeons in a limited beta anyways. Its not even remotely endgame. Your literally just grinding Tidal Island over and over.

I dont get it. Its hard for me to understand what you guys expect doing that. Your getting a 4th or 5th of the game, quite possibly the worst part of it(early game Arpg), and then your grinding it ad nauseum saying its boring.

Back when PoE only had 2 acts, running from one loading screen to the next wasnt exactly riveting gameplay either. When I started playing POE thats exactly what it was.

Yeah but that same issue was present in the closed beta which was a test of the endgame. The dungeons are all badly designed, you always have two objectives to clear to get to the end and those objectives are usually in opposite directions. Since there's no spammable movement skills you often spend minutes backtracking through empty corridors to get to the second objective. It really did make dungeons not fun at all.

Endgame is running those dungeons for gear & paragon tree progress, there's little point doing any of the open world stuff except while levelling. That named dungeon you run at 20 that you found boring will be exactly the same at level 99 but with appropriately scaled mobs.
Last edited by RandallPOE on Mar 20, 2023, 8:21:13 AM
#ad

Basically. You can love people like Asmon but they know where the money flows from. If you are looking for an honest opinion on D4 I would be getting it from people that play a lot of Lost Ark.

I wouldn't be getting it from people that play a ton of Path of Exile. In the same way that I would get opinions of Last Epoch from people that play a ton of Path of Exile.

D4 is an MMO that can be picked up and played by casuals on a console. How well that works out for D4 in the long run..... D4 will be as dead as D3 was in a month or two after release when those players move onto the newest COD.
Funny how everyone quickly forgot how evil Blizzard/Activision is towards their staff/customers when a new game comes out.

Streamers will do anything for money. Everyone knew they would play D4. it's what pays them enough money to not have to get a job.

Whats your excuse?
"
Funny how everyone quickly forgot how evil Blizzard/Activision is towards their staff/customers when a new game comes out.

Streamers will do anything for money. Everyone knew they would play D4. it's what pays them enough money to not have to get a job.

Whats your excuse?

What name brand products do you use?
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
Simply not true as Blizzard has posted on D3 numbers multiple times, in 2015 it was around 30+ million, and in 2022 over 65 Million total. So yeah...

https://www.polygon.com/2015/8/4/9097497/diablo-3-sales-30-million-units

https://www.vgchartz.com/article/453645/diablo-iii-tops-65-million-players/

Dude, you even read your own links???

The first not only report combined numbers, it straight up point out blizz wasnt clear if its counting some people twice or not, the ONLY number we have for reaper is 2.7m, a far cry from the number from vanilla, considering vanilla sold like 15m on the first month, its quite clear a picture of massive vanilla sales and comparative lackluster sales of following exps, theres literally no other reason for they to hide numbers from reaper, OR the silence from necro sales or on console versions

The second link is a count of total accounts over the games entire existence, including every bot, dupe and whatnot, thats what you would consider a trustworthy number??? Why dont you try to find a link numbering ACTIVE accounts? Hearthstone and wow for example, sure have that easily available
Last edited by feike on Mar 20, 2023, 5:00:12 PM
"
feike wrote:
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
Simply not true as Blizzard has posted on D3 numbers multiple times, in 2015 it was around 30+ million, and in 2022 over 65 Million total. So yeah...

https://www.polygon.com/2015/8/4/9097497/diablo-3-sales-30-million-units

https://www.vgchartz.com/article/453645/diablo-iii-tops-65-million-players/

Dude, you even read your own links???

The first not only report combined numbers, it straight up point out blizz wasnt clear if its counting some people twice or not, the ONLY number we have for reaper is 2.7m, a far cry from the number from vanilla, considering vanilla sold like 15m on the first month, its quite clear a picture of massive vanilla sales and comparative lackluster sales of following exps, theres literally no other reason for they to hide numbers from reaper, OR the silence from necro sales or on console versions

The second link is a count of total accounts over the games entire existence, including every bot, dupe and whatnot, thats what you would consider a trustworthy number??? Why dont you try to find a link numbering ACTIVE accounts? Hearthstone and wow for example, sure have that easily available

Lol live your truth brother I don't care.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
Last edited by DarthSki44 on Mar 20, 2023, 5:01:27 PM
"
Destructodave wrote:
"

Whats your excuse?

What name brand products do you use?

POE
"
DarthSki44 wrote:

Lol live your truth brother I don't care.

Sucks to not have anything to protect the maiden and debunk cold numbers and have to resort to "i dont care" card, dosent?
because it is
As I've said before: I hope D4 will turn out great. The better it is, the more fun I will have. I think people are carrying serious issues if they are going around hoping that the game will fail.

Am I sceptic? Of course, because me and Blizzard have not really seen eye to eye when it comes to game design the last 20 years. The thing that worries me the most, is the shared, forced MMO experience. And while watching Kripp's latest video, I realized how idiotic (in lack of better words) I actually think the system is, at least in an ARPG (which makes me classify D4 more as an MMO than an ARPG)

https://youtu.be/4-l91GoAjkM?t=3353

And as he mentions, this system is so core the the world and level design that there's not really room for any drastic changes. Can anyone calm me here, and tell me everything's going to be alright? Can anyone tell me why this design is 'good' for an ARPG?

Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info