Xbox servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

I tried the D4 Beta. I think PoE is going to be just fine.

Poe is Poe and DIV is DIV you can either ignore one for the other or play both.

I'll do the latter and enjoy both. They're both very different games.
Played D4 Beta all characters through Act 1 end boss.

Some notes and my personal opinions about it:
---------------------------------------------

-Level 25 is max level but you can spec all abilities, including the big cooldown ultimates. Which means you can already see how it feels like on max level but with less scaling.

-Has automatic level scaling like D3. Leveling up or getting gear upgrades feels less impactful.

-Class Skills have only two modifiers. D3 had more modifiers with 5 runes which altered your skills. D4 has only two which means less flexibility. The skill twig is an illusion. People saying this twig is daunting is kinda hilarious.

-No overlay map. Only the MMO typical WoW top right mini map. Needs to get it in.

-Shitty font type. Arial and not the typpical Diablo font.

-Dungeon layout looks very sameish. Always 2 or 3 side rooms where you either kill some mobs or get some items and place it before the boss room. Needs more variation.

-Small cellar rooms are 100% copy paste. Always the same layout. Needs more variation as well.

-Lots of unskippable dialogues. For example watch this dude walking into the cellar to the quest location for one minute and then you kill one monsters in one hit. The same shite like in D3. It needs to be skipped if you have already done the quests.

-User interface looks very spartanic and ugly, mobile style. It needs some flavour graphics besides the life and ressource globes,Diablo style.

-Overworld encounters: You're forced to see a bunch of other players that may or may not kill steal your objectives. There needs to be an option where we can play completely solo without interference of other players.

-Item affixes are very bland and uninteresting. For example: Doing damage to nearby enemies, or damage to ranged enemies, or increased damage to vulnerable enemies. That's some generic whatever shite. I miss class inclusive skills like Teleport for Barbarian or Iron Skin for Sorc.

- And some other things i forgot

Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
Last edited by gandhar0 on Mar 20, 2023, 8:04:20 PM
"
AbilityPoints wrote:
Poe is Poe and DIV is DIV you can either ignore one for the other or play both.

I'll do the latter and enjoy both. They're both very different games.

And most of us will sit back and eat popcorn, and watch this type of swift/perry girl feud go on and on and on...:)
-Time to be funny. The world needs funny right now! Warning: "Might" get you muted.

25 Exalts...oh God my stupidity stuck! Now onto 25 Divines...
"
gandhar0 wrote:
I miss class inclusive skills like Teleport for Barbarian or Iron Skin for Sorc.

Hmm, yess, death by teleporting snu-snu.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Re the sans serif font: 100% accessibility and scaling for different platforms. I am not in love with it but it does its job. You can bet there is a UX/UI reason for it that most gamers don't consider because most gamers have trouble thinking beyond their own experience. Which is fine: you're gamers, not game designers.

Less tenable for me is the placement of the chat window. Bottom left has been where it has lived happily for decades. In almost every genre I can conjure. Bottom right and no option to move it around is....jarring. And unlike the move to a more accessible font, difficult to justify as a UX/UI change.
https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.
I think that at least two things are true:

- POE will be fine.

- D4 will be a big success (monetarily) and will likely have at least an order of magnitude more players than POE for the next few years at least.

D4 and POE appeal to mostly different audiences, with some overlap. POE appeals to a much smaller niche than D4. There's room for both games.

I played D4 over the weekend, mostly enjoyed it, and look forward to its launch. I'll definitely play it then.

I've been playing POE for nearly 10 years, and I look forward to POE2 and continuing to play it for who knows how many years more.
- here's my sig
PoE will be fine. Pretty sure Blizzard aren't looking to try and take marketshares from PoE.

Feels like we kinda overglorify this game. Reality is that PoE is extremely niche with a very specialized and dedicated community. Thing is, this is a very small community in Blizzards eyes and they don't really care about trying to make PoE players switch games.

The more you play and look at D4 the more you understand that what Blizzard is gunning for is Lost Ark, not PoE. PoE will be fine, this community is probably insignificant in their eyes anyway. Lost Ark however, might be in actual trouble.
"
Deadandlivin wrote:
PoE will be fine. Pretty sure Blizzard aren't looking to try and take marketshares from PoE.

Feels like we kinda overglorify this game. Reality is that PoE is extremely niche with a very specialized and dedicated community. Thing is, this is a very small community in Blizzards eyes and they don't really care about trying to make PoE players switch games.

The more you play and look at D4 the more you understand that what Blizzard is gunning for is Lost Ark, not PoE. PoE will be fine, this community is probably insignificant in their eyes anyway. Lost Ark however, might be in actual trouble.

Sure, if we assume there might be around 500k arpg fans that won't buy D4 just because it's too simple, then it wouldn't be worth changing the game to an extent that would satisfy those players. Especially considering that those players are much harder to satisfy so the game would need at least 3 more years in the oven, and if they make it too complex then they might lose 500k casuals and gain nothing.

Hogging a niche like this gives GGG stability because hardcore players are unlikely to find something similar and it's hard to enter that niche and compete with their 10 years of content, but it's also hard to grow past it.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Mar 21, 2023, 5:24:02 AM
poe2 crafting simulator with tons of crafting for mirror items same game as poe with cant see things due to effects.
poe2 for 15 hour a day grinds no life outside games.

diablo4 an arpg with depth in end game that allows people that has a life outside games to progress.

streamers will play diablo4 due to viewership rules
What depth? green arrow go up

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info