I tried the D4 Beta. I think PoE is going to be just fine.

hoho
-Official Forum Dweller-
-I started the hoho movement-
-Exploit Early - Exploit Often-
-Moderators are absurd and OP-
Last edited by xPiranha on Mar 19, 2023, 9:20:27 AM
Lazy remake of d3 with almost no changes to the shitty boring gameplay...

Verdict: 3/10 at best..
Last edited by Ivanovv83 on Mar 19, 2023, 9:46:16 AM
"
Ivanovv83 wrote:

d3 had 5 variations of each skill (runes). so, d4 is even worse then last game
"
Ivanovv83 wrote:

The combat was one good thing in d3 even though it was more of an arcade.

D4 combat is worse than d3. It feels clunky and not smooth button mashing. Raiz actually has a good video in which he explains what exactly feels off (animation canceling and unable to cast skills after moving, hard to explain).

D4 couldn't compete with real arpgs we already knew that. But it can't compete with lost ark either. The combat is a$$ compared to lost ark.
@ DS44: Yeah, a good friend was updating me throughout the weekend. I skimmed the subs but generally his feedback are enough for me to know I will enjoy the game.

@ nubs: It's a total bust on ps5 imo but for 10 bucks on pc it SHOULD provide at least 10-20 hours of smooth arpg gratification. The save progression thing for me has always been only early on; gotta beat the first "dungeon" before waypoints save. I so rarely play the story mode once the other one is unlocked I had genuinely forgotten.

@ other person re self-gratification: given two responded...yep. :)

@ everone else: were you this quick to compare other betas to full games before? Or is it possible you, as Exiles, are just taking the path of least resistance as usual?
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Mar 19, 2023, 6:06:24 PM
"
Ivanovv83 wrote:

open beta players have not seen D4 paragon board yet, which is similar in a way to poe passive tree. Also a lot of abilities come from legendary items. Overall D4 build requires relying much more on cross synergies and conditional procs, than D3, (where you just slam 1 spender and a few passives and go). And I mean much more synergies.
Last edited by Echothesis on Mar 19, 2023, 6:13:35 PM
Would you call poe a trivial game based only on campaign acts gameplay with some 3 link skill?
OP said it all perfectly. Agree 100%.
See all the blizz apologists coping for a predatory multi-billion dollar publisher, that's last semi-playable game was SC2.

its oNlY 25 LeVEls!

iTS beTA!!

I LIke KorEAN MMO's

MayBE EndGaME wILl bE fUn / GoOD.

ThERes onlY 1 EmOTE qUEST..

I didn't think it would be a good game, but it's even more mediocre than i expected. It's not even really in the ARPG genre anymore.. geez.
"

@ everone else: were you this quick to compare other betas to full games before? Or is it possible you, as Exiles, are just taking the path of least resistance as usual?

Why not compare betas to betas ?

D4 beta vs D3 beta - D3 combat feels fluid and smooth on every class right from the get-go

D4 beta vs PoE open beta - PoE leaps and bounds better as an ARPG as we're able to play till Piety

D4 is releasing in two months. There won't be many changes in core mechanic and systems or animation frames in combat.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info