So apparently Ruthless mode has instant logout.

There many situations where logout won't save character (unexpected 1shots), but some game mechanics are totally countered by logout: for example if something apply strong dot that will rip your character you have time to logout, some bosses have 1shot mechanic that rip you if you will fail after some time (Eater, Maiven, Sirus), you can ultra easy save your character by using logout, this is definetely unfair. As for me I beated SE and Eater without logout macro, but if I'll face Maiven and logout won't be nerfed I'll probably install it before fight.

I hope GGG will add 1-1.5s dl before logout, so it will prevent logout abuse and still won't rip characters from random dc or they can heal 100% hp for bosses in Ruthless when character leave boss location (portal/logout/rip), it will be fair.
"
Sherudonst wrote:
You want to kill ruthless entirely, then yes remove the logout macro globally.

Every HC player will spontaneously rage quit if they cannot avoid being "balanced" by one shot mobs.

Players that use Logout Macro for HC, arent HC Players...just to make things crystal clear.

If you can dodge your death by a macro...Congrats u are HARDCORE...not.

"
Zyzurp wrote:
"
Sherudonst wrote:

Every HC player will spontaneously rage quit if they cannot avoid being "balanced" by one shot mobs.

Players that use Logout Macro for HC, arent HC Players...just to make things crystal clear.

Can't think of a single streamer that plays HC w/o logout macro. Some use it even for SC.
Last edited by lolerman on Nov 28, 2022, 4:41:10 AM
"
lolerman wrote:
"
Zyzurp wrote:
"
Sherudonst wrote:

Can't think of a single streamer that plays HC w/o logout macro. Some use it even for SC.

And its a "challenge" for them to not use it.
This Macro just bypasses the hc aspect of the game.
Do what u want, but dont call yourself hc-player when you use logout macro (sadly everybody is using it and thinks he is hc :()
Steel cleared all the content (pre ubers I think) without logging out as a pseudo experiment so it does happen but players on HC that don't logout are pretty rare AFAIK.

You have to be pretty committed to play HC and not logout as its hard to just let your character die when you know you could just quit and save it and takes a bit of getting used to but it does make you take some aspects of character builds more seriously.

I ripped 2 characters to the same searing exarch fight this league for example where I could have just bailed and reset the ball phase to try again and its tough to just take that, especially factoring in the time requirement. Hopefully it made me better for next time (I did manage it on third character anyway lol) but its a steep price I don't really blame people for quitting.
i have 1 question. why in the all fks ppl even care about that and even complain . you have 3 game mods+1 new mod in 3.20 and even private league. like wtf is wrong with you ppl
"
anti4z500 wrote:
i have 1 question. why in the all fks ppl even care about that and even complain . you have 3 game mods+1 new mod in 3.20 and even private league. like wtf is wrong with you ppl
Ruthless is by design supposed to have a fairly inaccessible end game state, so it would make sense to finally do something about logging out in the mode since it's not really supposed to be a balanced mode anyway.
"
Zyzurp wrote:
"
Sherudonst wrote:

Said by someone who didn't even reach level 90 on hardcore, logout macro or not L M A O Almost any hardcore player that you just insulted can easily reach 100 without using logouts, it's just dumb not log when you need to log, game is balanced around the fact that you can instantly log. Removing instant log they would have to rebalance entire game for the worse. [Removed by Support]
Last edited by Lisa_GGG on Dec 4, 2022, 6:55:29 PM
"
VolcanoElixir wrote:
"
anti4z500 wrote:
Ruthless is by design supposed to have a fairly inaccessible end game state, so it would make sense to finally do something about logging out in the mode since it's not really supposed to be a balanced mode anyway.

How about you go watch interview I linked on last page? I'll even link it again for you with a timestamp https://youtu.be/HKgvHRzt3ao?t=4275. Somehow I don't see any hardcore main complaining about "issue" (which it is not, not according to devs or hardcore mains).
Last edited by DemonikPath on Nov 28, 2022, 12:58:48 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info