So apparently Ruthless mode has instant logout.

"
DemonikPath wrote:
Removing instant log they would have to rebalance entire game for the worse. [Removed by Support]

There is no way that you actually believe this.

The main reason for logouts (Hc only) is due to the fact there is so much bullshit happening in PoE currently, with visual clarity the worst amongst arpgs I can ever remember.

Fixing spiky and insane damage combos (that you cannot even recognize many times) and cleaning up the screen would not "make the game worse"

Logut macro is an accepted tool currently because the information the game provides the player sucks right now. GGG knows this, but Im sure they like to address the reasons why its needed, rather than "balance" around it. Unfortunately this isn't likely anytime soon, so here we are.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
Last edited by Lisa_GGG on Dec 4, 2022, 6:56:11 PM
Why should anyone care what you say about it? You haven't even played hardcore at all. Why do you think your feedback on a game mode that you have never played matters over people who actually play it daily?
"
DemonikPath wrote:
Why should anyone care what you say about it? You haven't even played hardcore at all. Why do you think your feedback on a game mode that you have never played matters over people who actually play it daily?

Are you talking to me? I play exclusively hardcore, sometimes SSF.

Or are you talking to Darthski? If so, even if he doesn't play hardcore, his points are 100% correct.

Even someone who has never played PoE can recognize that a 3rd party tool to shut down the game instead of face in-game consequences is horrible game design.
BTW is it 'Kay Zed Eh', Kay Zee Eh', or 'Kazza'? 'Kizza' like RZA from the Wu-Tang Clan?

Spoiler
Also, I know PoE has long held aspirations towards being some quirky ARPG/Bullet Hell hybrid, but how do you feel about this relatively new 'Bullet Heaven' subgenre that really doubles down on the idea of being a walking turret of horde-murdering madness? I finally tried a Vampire Survivors clone, one that explicitly draws on PoE and Headhunter for inspiration, and I found it a complete fucking blast. Everything I didn't like about PoE that made it too much of a shooter and took away from its roots as an ARPG I actually love in an actual shooter. Weird. Anyway, curious about your take on that, KZA. Spoiler-tagged since it's a little off topic but I could probably bring it back to why PoE has 'faux' difficulty via crap like instant logout while I think actual shmups and these bullet-heaven twin sticker power fantasy adrenaline rushes have real difficulty despite the two generally doing the same thing.

Predecessor! Paragon is BACK.
Finished Dragons Dogma 2 at 327 hours, 9 playthroughs. Loved every minute.
Holy shit, Assassins Creed ARPG trilogy isnt shit. 3D titan quest with better writing?
Dungeon Encounters is brilliant. Square Enix should stop banking on bloatjunk like ffxvi and ff7r.
It's one syllable. "Ksaw". I'd take away the all caps of it, but well, what can you do when you made the account over a decade ago?

Spoiler
I haven't tried those... I'll have to look into them.
"
KZA wrote:
It's one syllable. "Ksaw". I'd take away the all caps of it, but well, what can you do when you made the account over a decade ago?

Spoiler
I haven't tried those... I'll have to look into them.

Yes we all have things we'd like do-overs on, wonder if instant logout is one of them.

Spoiler
If I may recommend, I rate my Vampire Survivor clones in the following order:

Brotato
Vampire Survivors
Boneraiser Minions
Spellbook Demonslayers
20 Minutes Till Dawn
Spirit Hunters
Rogue Genesia

haven't played the rest, probably will someday. A lot of these are 'early access' and have room to move up the list - especially Spellbook Demonslayers, which, if I had to guess, is the game previously alluded to as taking inspiration from D2/PoE. It is great but the overtime mode drags on entirely too long. A 20 minute round followed by a 60 minute overtime is 'yikes'. Dev knows what he's doing though imo, it will round into form.

Ksaw. I never would have guessed that from the Z. Interesting!

And Support used to change my account name if I asked nicely in email and didn't ask for anything naughty (they wouldn't change it to something with 'bitch' in there, for example). But after all this time, I imagine you're used to KZA reading as 'Ksaw' by now. And maybe they don't do it anymore. Maybe it was a weird Ruler privilege. Dunno.

That little jaunt from name regret to instant logout usage was clever, very

Spoiler
It is indeed. I named it in my last off topic 'what are you playing' post and...well, it's in my signature now. I'm glad to see a more seasoned take on it and I'm not surprised an elongated session gets a bit...yikesy. As with rogue-lites, I try to keep my experience to shorter runs, enough to push the overall progress but not so much to get utterly overwhelmed and forget the bigger picture.
Predecessor! Paragon is BACK.
Finished Dragons Dogma 2 at 327 hours, 9 playthroughs. Loved every minute.
Holy shit, Assassins Creed ARPG trilogy isnt shit. 3D titan quest with better writing?
Dungeon Encounters is brilliant. Square Enix should stop banking on bloatjunk like ffxvi and ff7r.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Nov 29, 2022, 2:38:08 AM
"

That little jaunt from name regret to instant logout usage was clever, very

Yeah... I totally came up with that and wrote it on purpose. *Cough cough*

And I was gonna say, I thought your name had changed at least a few times over the years.
I forget which interview it was, but even Chris uses the logout macro.

The state of the game requires it. Most of what kills you is a 1 shot, even with multiple defensive layers. There is simply too many rare mob affixes, aura stacking and clutter right now.

The cool thing is that the devs and ofc Chris see this and are making things simpler. Arch nem was the wrong direction (mob affix wise) and we are seeing this shifting away now.

I've been around a long time, avoided logout macros for most of it but these days relish in my autohotkey. As an idiot who only players SSFHC I don't have the time to restart because of poor design choices on the devs behalf.
"
Rusery wrote:
I forget which interview it was, but even Chris uses the logout macro.

I posted it several times in this thread. It is this interview https://youtu.be/HKgvHRzt3ao?t=4275. Yet you people (yes, including you), keep ignoring it and what he says. Instant logout will not and should not be removed. And no, logout doesn't requiire any 3rd party software. The most reliable way to logout is Alt+F4 or pressing "Exit to Login Screen" (not character selection). Logout macro that is typically used (TCP RST) is far less reliable (much more prone to leaving your character with 6 second disconnect timer in game) and the only advantage it has is that it sometimes works when client is in some broken state (client froze for example).
Last edited by DemonikPath on Nov 29, 2022, 2:32:21 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info