So apparently Ruthless mode has instant logout.

Instant logout is intentional and not a bug. It's made like that by design and not going to be changed, that would require complete rebalance of the game. Also I don't know any serious hardcore player that would want it removed, it will just make game extremely boring. It's just a best solution to a problem out of a whole bunch of bad solutions. Don't see anyone offering better solutions, either just "remove instant logout" without thinking about solving the problem it tries to solve or suggesting solutions that have been tried in other games and have been proved terrible or solutions that don't work in online games.

Check out this interview: https://youtu.be/HKgvHRzt3ao?t=4275 (specifically timestamp I gave).
Last edited by DemonikPath on Nov 27, 2022, 5:32:36 AM
From watching alone Ruthless is just PoE 2.0 with no Quest rewards and QoL removed -> Vendor Recipes and Crafting

If you played PoE in its early stages, especially Hardcore, Ruthless is not Hard at all. You just have to farm at certain Spots in certain Acts to gear up or Farm Lab for Gems. It's just more time consuming.

I really hoped Ruthless to be ruthless. Less Mobs that are more Dangerous, increasing the Item Level rquirements for Sockets, Vendors only trade for Currency Items, removing Leveling Uniques, adding Player penalties on Killing certain Bosses like after Kitava and deleting of the Instance on Logout.

Can't wait to try it out when it's launched and how it will develop over time.
Ruthless AKA 'slightly more challenging PoE' is about a few (two?) employees removing things from the core game without adding anything and pretending it's a new mode that makes thing significantly harder, while anyone can ignore things already in the game and make the experience harder than Ruthless can, I was initially interested in Ruthless but the more I discover about it the more I'm disincentivize to try it, the whole thing seems half baked, lame and not ruthless enough.
hardcore casual.

Playing PoE for years and having fun despite GGG.
"
AbilityPoints wrote:
Ruthless AKA 'slightly more challenging PoE' is about a few (two?) employees removing things from the core game without adding anything and pretending it's a new mode that makes thing significantly harder, while anyone can ignore things already in the game and make the experience harder than Ruthless can, I was initially interested in Ruthless but the more I discover about it the more I'm disincentivize to try it, the whole thing seems half baked, lame and not ruthless enough.

How will you give map monsters extra dmg from atlas passives that don't give it in normal game?
"
Alendert wrote:
"
AbilityPoints wrote:

How will you give map monsters extra dmg from atlas passives that don't give it in normal game?

I'm not sure what you mean because that's exactly what ruthless does. It has separate atlas tree from normal mode and map sustain nodes give enemies in maps extra damage.
"
DemonikPath wrote:

I'm not sure what you mean because that's exactly what ruthless does. It has separate atlas tree from normal mode and map sustain nodes give enemies in maps extra damage.

That's what I'm talking about, Ruthless make game harder, but some players keep talking only about grind.
Guild Leader of the OFFICIAL HCSSF Guild.

Guild Thread: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2679775/page/1
Last edited by Anscendant on Oct 3, 2023, 6:27:54 PM
"
Anscendant wrote:
"
KZA wrote:
Why is this still a thing? A button that instantly brings me to safety and heals me to full health and mana with unlimited uses is lame and makes hardcore a joke.

Add a 5 second logout timer and force us to use in-game mechanics to get out of trouble.

You say LMACRO makes hardcore a joke, but there's nothing in your account that would signify that this game is easy for you. If you had at least 1 LVL100 HCSSF character and you tell me the game ia easy then I can at least respect your opinion, but you have nothing. So you're just posing as some big shot. It's pathetic honestly.

This is same guy https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/z4w2xs/instant_logout_doesnt_belong_in_ruthless_mode/ixvyga0/?context=3. Just stirring shit up.
"
Anscendant wrote:

You say LMACRO makes hardcore a joke, but there's nothing in your account that would signify that this game is easy for you. If you had at least 1 LVL100 HCSSF character and you tell me the game ia easy then I can at least respect your opinion, but you have nothing. So you're just posing as some big shot. It's pathetic honestly.

1) Anyone, even people who have never played poe, should be able to recognize that using a 3rd party macro to shut the game down instead of face the consequences of gameplay is just poor game design.

2) If I sat down and grinded those last few levels, I'd no longer be pathetic in your eyes? That's pretty silly.
Last edited by KZA on Nov 27, 2022, 1:20:23 PM
PoE has to be the only game I know of, where the use of a logout macro isn't just allowed, it's more or less encouraged. I don't really care if its allowed, encouraged or whatever. Play the game the way you like. But please don't try to make a logout macro seem "hardcore" or "ruthless", because there's notting less hardcore than a quick-escape button.

What I don't understand, though, is if logging out is so "integral" to game balance, why haven't they added an in-game button for it? The only reason I could think of, is that it would look rather... [Removed By Me].
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Last edited by Phrazz on Nov 27, 2022, 1:14:10 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info