So apparently Ruthless mode has instant logout.

Why is this still a thing? A button that instantly brings me to safety and heals me to full health and mana with unlimited uses is lame and makes hardcore a joke.

Add a 5 second logout timer and force us to use in-game mechanics to get out of trouble.
Last bumped on Dec 4, 2022, 8:35:20 PM
The longest unfixed bug in the history of PoE
Any signature worth using is against the rules. Therefore, no signature will be found here.
They can not call it ruthless with this kept as part of the game!!!!
Closest to ruthless was that "no logout challenge with zyzz" or how it was called.

Also the capcha here is getting out of control i had to solve like 50 pictures and 10 of them did not even have what the text was asking like "click on taxi" and there was only empty crosswalk, next "click on bicycle" it was photo of the sky
"click on crosswalk" no crosswalks...
I feel pretty, Oh, so pretty,
I feel pretty, and witty and gay,
And I pity Any girl who isn’t me today!
Last edited by CAKE on Nov 25, 2022, 9:33:56 PM
'Apparently'? Why wouldn't it? Difficulty in PoE has always been self-applied for the most part. Ruthless is a baby step towards the game having a baked-in *hard* difficulty setting from the start. You'd still need to eschew trade to make it work, given trade is the most obvious modifier for making the game easier. Did they remove trade? Of course not -- even though it wouldn't be that hard to do. So to think they'd leave that in BUT remove instant logout is kinda...I dunno, hopeful.

I know you've pined for what Ruthless promises for years, KZA, but from what I have read and seen, it's not it. It's just closer to it to the point where it's harder for people to use the tools and tricks that GGG either implemented or implicitly allow to avoid the inherent difficulty of the game.

Instant logout might be a carryover from the desync days, but it's basically a feature now.

I'm not defending it -- I'd be deeply impressed if they got rid of it for a mode that's supposed to be Ruthless but so far just looks Punitive (there's a difference) -- but I am pointing out that 'Apparently Ruthless Mode has instant logout' is not the way to look at it. 'They left instant logout in Ruthless mode' is. That makes clear that it isn't an added feature, isn't a deliberate choice. It's straight-up inability to reconcile the difficulty of the game with the players' expectations based on years of letting antiquated shit like instant logout slide and become a tool rather than a cheat.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3320651 -- I know you have read this, but re-read it. Carefully. Absorb all of what they're saying. Read between the lines too. The caveats. The intention vs the implementation. The iterations of 'we really want to recapture early beta vibes' struggling against the reality that 'you might not like it' because ultimately it's not a thorough or even particularly dedicated attempt at doing that. It's a side passion project...

In the most absolutely brutal terms I can conjure and again based purely on what I know as a non-tester (testers: feel free to contradict this sentiment!), Ruthless is tantamount a player-made mod; the modders just happen to be devs of the game as well. They weren't paid specifically for it; it doesn't contribute to the main game. It was done 'in their own time' aside from their actual work on the game itself. The only difference is they of course have intimate, professional knowledge of the game's code.

But it appears to do nothing a player-made mod couldn't do, given access to the game's coding the way other devs allow if not outright invite (cough Bethseda cough). And given that access, Ruthless probably wouldn't even be a very popular mod in comparison to what I've seen some modders pull off with other games.

Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Nov 25, 2022, 10:27:28 PM
It heals the bosses on logout so it is fine I guess xD
"
'Apparently'? Why wouldn't it?

I say apparently because I don't want to normalize its existence anymore than has already been done.

If ever there was a time in PoE history that they might make such a change, Ruthless or PoE 2 would be it.
Last edited by KZA on Nov 25, 2022, 10:52:29 PM
You want to kill ruthless entirely, then yes remove the logout macro globally.

Every HC player will spontaneously rage quit if they cannot avoid being "balanced" by one shot mobs.
"
Sherudonst wrote:
You want to kill ruthless entirely, then yes remove the logout macro globally.

Every HC player will spontaneously rage quit if they cannot avoid being "balanced" by one shot mobs.

As a HC player, I disagree with this claim.
yea its clearly not punishing enough

i think ruthless mode should delete your account when you die

anything else is just weak
(سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س (سಥ益ಥ)س
The hyperbole that Ruthless supporters resort to is truly impressive.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info