Ruthless NDA is lifted, and feedback is largely positive so far!

"
arknath wrote:
Sofar I hear it is just extreme scarcity with no added difficulty other than the lack of movement skills. Basically what will stop progression is lack of maps instead of difficult content. That sounds rather disappointing to me. TBD I guess...

The subreddit is so defensive about this mode its insane. But this is exactly what it seems like to me as well. Its not added difficulty. Its just a drastic increase in the amount of time it takes to do normal stuff.

Slower, not harder.
"
Rothulean wrote:

The subreddit is so defensive about this mode its insane. But this is exactly what it seems like to me as well. Its not added difficulty. Its just a drastic increase in the amount of time it takes to do normal stuff.

Slower, not harder.

Another player that can't read and call it grind, cause he looking for excuse to not play it.
Asc points 8 -> 6
Some types of crafting currency removed
No master crafts
Worse flasks mods
No movement skills
Atlas passives adds extra dmg for monsters

It can't be compensated no matter how much you will grind.

Maybe you should try HC first, before discussing about game difficulty?
Last edited by Alendert on Nov 24, 2022, 7:30:53 AM
"
Rothulean wrote:

Slower, not harder.

I was going to ask you "What's a harder mode then?" but decided against it because whatever answer you give, can be answered always with "You can just grind more to overcome it", so it's just wasted effort.

Yes, the reason why it's Ruthless, is because you will face content with a lot worse gear and getting the said gear takes more effort. If you want to make Shaper have 10x more HP and 10x more damage, you'd be still just grinding longer to get to the same place.

Playing leagues themselves is also just "slower" not "harder" over the Standard mode where you can get near-immortal builds for a fraction of the price in leagues.
Uploaded an awesome Exsanguinate Freeze Explosion build on the forums - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3508506
Last edited by Kiss_Me_Quick on Nov 24, 2022, 7:27:10 AM
"
Rothulean wrote:
"
arknath wrote:
Sofar I hear it is just extreme scarcity with no added difficulty other than the lack of movement skills. Basically what will stop progression is lack of maps instead of difficult content. That sounds rather disappointing to me. TBD I guess...

Slower, not harder.
That is what people wanted though. People kept begging for a slower game and wouldn't stop complaining about the state of the game for a good decade. I mean, we have people in this very thread upset that people got to maps in the beta; this is proof that people that complained about clear speed meta had no clue what they are talking about because faster players were always going to be faster than them regardless of the overall pace of the game and trying to stop that is counter productive.

I wish they came out with Ruthless much earlier than they did, because it sounds like it is succeeding at the goal much more than a lot of the regressive changes that have been made to the base game over the past year.
Last edited by VolcanoElixir on Nov 24, 2022, 8:41:21 AM
Case and point about being defensive lol. A lot of players wanted a harder Poe. Not just slower. And anytime anyone says anything negative about the mode, this is the response that comes out.

Ruthless is trying to increase difficulty primarily through making things more scarce. Once players figure things out that's not gonna be enough.

Now, bosses healing a bunch of their hp if you die to them? That's what they need to be adding to the mode. The problem is that there is very little of that.

Edit:
I actually want ruthless to be successful, legitimately. But player defensiveness on this is going to lead to poor feedback. Everyone is so quick to praise ruthless and pretend like its near perfect. Disagreeing with feedback is fine. But a vast majority of pro-ruthless players are defending the mode from any sort of criticism so hard that it's going to lead to echo chamber.

And a worse overall ruthless experience.
Last edited by Rothulean on Nov 24, 2022, 1:06:27 PM
But what exactly you want from Ruthless? Bosses healing more hp on character rip? If you want deathless experience play HC. It sounds really stupid when people going to play SC but complain that it wouldn't be hard - common SC in any cases is a sandbox where you can't lose. For Ruthless HC players they also solved logout abuse by destroying portals in boss room if character logout.
Setting up your own strawmen to knock down isnt going to accomplish anything. Avoiding deaths specifically to bosses =/= deathless run. Its a new mechanic you have to deal with in a specific situation that makes the game harder. Thats what Ruthless should be about. Specific new challenges in certain situations that normal PoE doesnt deal with.

Making the game have less loot overall is good. But shouldnt be the main reason its harder. Currently, it is.
Last edited by Rothulean on Nov 24, 2022, 2:36:26 PM
"
Rothulean wrote:
Setting up your own strawmen to knock down isnt going to accomplish anything. Avoiding deaths specifically to bosses =/= deathless run. Its a new mechanic you have to deal with in a specific situation that makes the game harder. Thats what Ruthless should be about. Specific new challenges in certain situations that normal PoE doesnt deal with.

Making the game have less loot overall is good. But shouldnt be the main reason its harder. Currently, it is.

But it doesn't matter how much boss regen hp after rip if you play HC, it won't make game harder, but greatly reduced loot 100% will.
What another ways of making game harder you want?
- Less passives? You will have only 6 asc points in Ruthless.
- Weaker top gear? Flask mods nerfed, master craft removed, some types of crafting currency removed.
- Monsters deal more dmg? They will, when you will take passives in atlas.
- Harder gameplay? You need more skill to fight without movement abilities.
Again, setting up your own strawmen to knock down isnt going to accomplish anything. I literally already said what I think it needs. Specific challenges in specific situations.

Last edited by Rothulean on Nov 24, 2022, 3:08:03 PM
if i remember right, ggg wanted to use ruthless to test out new stuff without pissing off the "reddit (moar loot and easier game plox) crowd".

the harder, the merrier.

so it doesn't really matter how it feels now cause it's going to change alot.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info