Ruthless NDA is lifted, and feedback is largely positive so far!

"
Alendert wrote:
"
vio wrote:
if i remember right, ggg wanted to use ruthless to test out new stuff without pissing off the "reddit (moar loot and easier game plox) crowd".

the harder, the merrier.

so it doesn't really matter how it feels now cause it's going to change alot.

Nope, it's from forum rumors.

no, chris said it in a interview when he anounced ruthless is in the making
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Will Oni Goroshi drop in Ruthless?
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
Its like POE circa 2013 but with new POE content.

I made it to A7 boss and could not go further - build was scuffed and no support gems

Really looking forward to ruthless trade league and what the economy looks like

I question if anyone will kill Uber Uber Elder Ruthless SSFHC - truly only for the most masochistic among us

I've lost control of the controls...
Jesus take the wheel"
RAizQT during Kammel HC race
"
ChanBalam wrote:
Will Oni Goroshi drop in Ruthless?

I believe oni was specifically called out as not dropping.
:(

It would probably upset the delicate balance of Ruthless.
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
First thing I checked in the Q and A, and absolutely not. As She should not. Not just because She trivialises early content but because pounding sand for 8+ hours to get Her is a microscopic Ruthless-level experience of its own. Low resources, weak monsters can be a threat, and then suddenly you're on zen autopilot mode once you have the gear you need and its 8 hours of THAT. That's 8 hours you can and should spend tiptoeing through the game itself, collecting white items to sell for wisdom scrolls and shit (I can't believe Ruthless is showing others what that feels like...finally).

I mean, Her days are numbered anyway. The much-vaunted PoE '2' won't have Oni-Goroshi, for fairly obvious reasons. Although from what we saw in the incredibly limited demo at Exilecon, it DOES have a beach....HMMMMMM.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Nov 25, 2022, 10:33:25 PM
"
First thing I checked in the Q and A, and absolutely not. As She should not. Not just because She trivialises early content

Although with no support gems She's not that strong.
I'm also not sure why Oni shouldn't drop yet other strong uniques can still drop. Surely not as "easily" obtainable as Oni, but then probably more useful in the real endgame.

Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
"
Mikrotherion wrote:

Although with no support gems She's not that strong.
I'm also not sure why Oni shouldn't drop yet other strong uniques can still drop. Surely not as "easily" obtainable as Oni, but then probably more useful in the real endgame.

In SSF sure, but we're not really having problems sourcing support gems as a trade group. Sure some are in demand more than others, but a deterministic 6L, at the end of the day, would be quite the boon.

In the old days you'd also have to worry about how you were going to pay the mana for a 6L gem set up, but now with Lifetap Support it's a non-issue.

There is a lively discussion going on right now about whether or not the 'real' power uniques should be in the mode. Once you start cutting uniques for being too powerful, where does one draw the line? In the right hands, in the right build, with the right pilot, lots of things can be 'OP'.
From what I could tell, it's part of an attempt to minimise deterministic crafting/acquisition as a means of increasing difficulty. So it's not that I think OG would make Ruthless 'easy', more that I think there is at least SOME slouching towards PoE feeling more like a rogue-lite/like with Ruthless with stuff like only dropped support gems and greatly reduced power loot in general. And as innervation said, a guaranteed 6L is very much the product of a newer PoE -- there's a reason it was my fourth unique design and not my first. When I made Tipua Kaikohuru, a 6L rare was probably the most valuable item short of a mirror. You could NOT have told me back then that merely 5 years later I'd not only design a scaling 6L item, the devs would be cool with every aspect of it, INCLUDING a meta-AF acquisition method.

Oni-Goroshi has no place in *any* attempt to recapture the vibe of early PoE.

Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Nov 26, 2022, 5:39:16 AM
"

Oni-Goroshi has no place in *any* attempt to recapture the vibe of early PoE.

:(
I've always had a soft spot for her.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info