Ruthless NDA is lifted, and feedback is largely positive so far!

Sofar I hear it is just extreme scarcity with no added difficulty other than the lack of movement skills. Basically what will stop progression is lack of maps instead of difficult content. That sounds rather disappointing to me. TBD I guess...
"
Alendert wrote:

Streamers will play Ruthless in 3.20 with fresh emotions, it will be way better.

I... I don't even know what to say to this comment?

Ruthless in 3.20 will be better because of a Streamers emotional reactions to content they are creating as a way to make a living?

This Twitch timeline we are living in is so fucking bizzare to me. I may not ever truly understand this dynamic amongst younger gamers. Perhaps it's a generational thing? Being told how to feel about something by a 3rd party? Again its wild to me.

If that's unclear, who cares about how a streamer feels about 3.20 or reacts to Ruthless. Isnt it more important how it feels to you?
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
Last edited by DarthSki44 on Nov 23, 2022, 10:37:34 AM
"
DarthSki44 wrote:

This Twitch timeline we are living in is so fucking bizzare to me. I may not ever truly understand this dynamic amongst younger gamers. Perhaps it's a generational thing? Being told how to feel about something by a 3rd party? Again its wild to me.

Its refined and distilled celebrity culture, people used to be lightly inundated in it from television and other media but we are now in an age where you can swim in a sea of somebody else forming your impressions for you.

Honestly I think its pretty damaging but it might work out fine, some streamer communities are very positive despite the tainted waters they swim and some do get positive influence.
"
Draegnarrr wrote:
"
DarthSki44 wrote:

Its refined and distilled celebrity culture, people used to be lightly inundated in it from television and other media but we are now in an age where you can swim in a sea of somebody else forming your impressions for you.

Honestly I think its pretty damaging but it might work out fine, some streamer communities are very positive despite the tainted waters they swim and some do get positive influence.

I mean celebrity endorsement is one thing, but this is an entirely different animal. And no, a PoE streamer is not a celebrity. Taking emotional cues from an online persona on how to feel and react about something or someone, is supremely unhealthy in my opinion. And this branches beyond Twitch too, onto other mediums.

It's just so confusing to me, in a very generic sense about how opinions are formed, and emotional responses cultivated. Its frankly very troubling how easily the pot gets stirred, and seemingly without question and voluntarily.

I understand the desire to have your thoughts validated, or to be in agreement with something, but I've heard far too often, with PoE specifically, that a player likes something in the game, only to find out a streamer doesn't, then feels bad and negative about having liked it in the first place. Like questioning their own enjoyment because someone else told them not to? Again, how?
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
Last edited by DarthSki44 on Nov 23, 2022, 11:54:24 AM
twitch is celebrity its the same thing, the fact less people are involved doesn't change it.

I realise the traditional meaning is somebody famous but the part we are talking about when it comes to ability to influence and form impressions on others it doesn't matter whether you have a following of millions or a couple of thousand.

Like for example The Rock couldn't persuade me to buy or think anything, but is definitely a celebrity whereas there are a few relative unknowns that i'd value the opinion of if I could access it.

And that's all twitch is in that regard, access. Celebrity is a big umbrella but when it comes to this stuff its about personal weighting and like I said twitch lets you get right in there and be in the entourage so to speak.

So people talk about who they are following as a matter of pride, they are in that entourage its part of their identity, how they see themselves. That isn't really any different to when people defined themselves by what music they listened to though its cultural and societal change with technology.

Point is this isn't new, its just a different vector for how people get it though some people who wouldn't get it now can't avoid it.
Last edited by Draegnarrr on Nov 23, 2022, 12:04:57 PM
"
Draegnarrr wrote:
twitch is celebrity its the same thing, the fact less people are involved doesn't change it

Meh I guess agree to disagree. I think the sphere of influence matters, even if it's just gorilla marketing from a numbers standpoint.

Taylor Switft has influence and reach to tens of millions and to say that numbers dont matter in terms of celebrity to a PoE Twitch streamer with a few hundred subs, I dont think so. Even in the same category. If Asmongold or Cohh, or Shroud really rip PoE, its tangibly harmful.

Also the message itself is different, as it's less emotional in general compared to Twitch. The Rock, Taylor Swift, or whomever might tell you they like Pepsi or Apple or whatever, and that's fine, but they ain't saying if you drink coke you dont really understand the soft drink market and you should feel bad.

That's the kind of toxic manipulation (good and bad) that's happening far too often on Twitch. And devs are in a tough spot because of it. Having a bunch of content creators trash your game and inspiring review bombing, toxic posting on social media, ect... is just bad. At least that's my take on it.
- Abraham Lincoln
I assume it's good for people that like a way slower playstyle and dont want to pay money for private leagues that have similar mods:

Play Ruthless in future leagues if you want to enjoy the game for the full 3 months instead the usual 3 weeks ;)

Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
Last edited by gandhar0 on Nov 23, 2022, 1:38:07 PM
Am I the only one who finds it comical that an NDA is needed for a new game mode that has LESS than any other mode?

/boggle
"
superbomb1967 wrote:
Am I the only one who finds it comical that an NDA is needed for a new game mode that has LESS than any other mode?

/boggle

It's very likely that the NDA was used to prevent a certain type of people ("game journalists" and the loud whiny crowed) that aren't going to play that mode in the first place to take it out of context because that's the most common usage for an NDA in gaming.
people have reached maps? well i've lost interest, i thought it was going to be hard and mapping wouldn't be reached easily.
hardcore casual.

Playing PoE for years and having fun despite GGG.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info