Ruthless NDA is lifted, and feedback is largely positive so far!

"
Mikrotherion wrote:

It's different. People on the chat somehow found it relaxing because of the slower pace.

I've always played campaign PoE at a slow pace, for the very reason that I play games to relax. I never saw the point to rushing to the climax. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
gandhar0 wrote:
"
AbilityPoints wrote:
people have reached maps? well i've lost interest, i thought it was going to be hard and mapping wouldn't be reached easily.

Yes high yellow maps,early reds from what i saw. The line "the campaign is the endgame" from the Ruthless announcement aged like milk.

People will reach red maps after one week ,maybe two, on builds that dont need gear, mule gems and farm gear for their main and make it feel like standard 2.0.

It is what i expected it to be. A slower start but once you get above a certain gear threshold it is the same old same old.

Unfortunate. That pretty much sums up my experience with SSF Standard. ='[.]'=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
"
Raycheetah wrote:
"
gandhar0 wrote:
"
AbilityPoints wrote:
people have reached maps? well i've lost interest, i thought it was going to be hard and mapping wouldn't be reached easily.

Yes high yellow maps,early reds from what i saw. The line "the campaign is the endgame" from the Ruthless announcement aged like milk.

People will reach red maps after one week ,maybe two, on builds that dont need gear, mule gems and farm gear for their main and make it feel like standard 2.0.

It is what i expected it to be. A slower start but once you get above a certain gear threshold it is the same old same old.

Unfortunate. That pretty much sums up my experience with SSF Standard. ='[.]'=

This is why hardcore is the way to go. It makes it more of a rogue-like and items/gems are constantly leaving the economy.
"
Deadandlivin wrote:

It's not really difficult, just have to understand what to do and what to abuse.
For example, even without playing I can tell that minions will be super strong in ruthless because they can share support gems with eachother.

For example, if you find a dps increase support gem like added lightning dmg or whatever you can just 4 link it with Zombies, Skellies and Absolution or something like that and run three times efficiency since you can have all minions up at the same time.

People have already done Iron man challenges in regular PoE(No gear on a 1-link) and it's not really hard. Just takes time since monsters act more like damage sponges rather than difficulty barriers.

1) You think you will have 4l items? As I read at reddit post from tester he was mapping with 2l magic items.
2) Was this challenge on HC? Which bosses they killed? If they did it on SC, how we can talk about difficulty in sandbox mod where you can't even lose?
"
arknath wrote:
Sofar I hear it is just extreme scarcity with no added difficulty other than the lack of movement skills. Basically what will stop progression is lack of maps instead of difficult content. That sounds rather disappointing to me. TBD I guess...

Nope, you also can't master craft, some currency types removed (so even top gear if you will get it will be weaker), you have only 6 asc points istead of 8.
"
Alendert wrote:
"
Deadandlivin wrote:

It's not really difficult, just have to understand what to do and what to abuse.
For example, even without playing I can tell that minions will be super strong in ruthless because they can share support gems with eachother.

For example, if you find a dps increase support gem like added lightning dmg or whatever you can just 4 link it with Zombies, Skellies and Absolution or something like that and run three times efficiency since you can have all minions up at the same time.

People have already done Iron man challenges in regular PoE(No gear on a 1-link) and it's not really hard. Just takes time since monsters act more like damage sponges rather than difficulty barriers.

1) You think you will have 4l items? As I read at reddit post from tester he was mapping with 2l magic items.
2) Was this challenge on HC? Which bosses they killed? If they did it on SC, how we can talk about difficulty in sandbox mod where you can't even lose?

Naww. Not true. Ppl say 4L is easy to get pre maps. The hard part is getting the correct support gems
"
arknath wrote:

Naww. Not true. Ppl say 4L is easy to get pre maps. The hard part is getting the correct support gems

Oh ok. Also as I just read atlas tree has some changes. This is post from reddit:
"Quite a few people made it to maps. The atlas tree has been completely reworked. My favorite part of it is the +to map level nodes. The end nodes now give a generic "monsters in your maps now deal 15% of phys as extra lightning" each node now has one of these so you end up with 15% extra of each element if you want your map tiers 1 higher."
Fuck, seeing some reliable OG in there makes me a little envious I didn't at least try to sign up incognito (or not...that could have been an interesting experiment). Oh well.

gandhar0 echoes my aforementioned concerns re: just a higher threshold to power and once crossed, business as usual, so maybe I'm not really missing much beyond a little blood from a jagged stone.

As for the NDA thing, I'm sort of impressed how well it worked given how often true alpha NDA has been broken, particularly by big streamers selling their integrity for clicks. Then again, true alpha really does have 'new' incoming things that changes the game for everyone whereas this is more about retooling and reconfiguring for an optional mode that is by design not for everyone. Still, I want to believe the reason NDA was respected was because the sorts of people interested in PoER were also the sort to not just play for attention but who actually care about the state of the game. Allow me my delusions, Exiles. I am being selfish and refuse to embrace the future.

Anyway, glad to see my peeps enjoying it and I really look forward to more in-depth feedback from them. Yeah, I used peeps. I'm just a rad sort of Ruler like that.

re: 'positive' vs 'negative' feedback -- yeah, I wouldn't think of it in those terms, same way I never used 'nerf' or 'buff' when discussing pre-release content ('rebalancing' works in both cases and doesn't fall into emotive language traps). If the mode is doing what it's intended to do, that's 'positive', even if it pisses a player off, even if they didn't like it. If it is not, that is 'negative', even if it's otherwise enjoyable. Based on that alone, feedback seems 'positive' (although therion's 'it doesn't feel like endgame all the way' is concerning, 'endgame experience' is also a subjective notion and frankly GGG should never have described PoER as such, but hey, marketing language is not even often all that accurate).

PoER: it's like PoE, only...er. So when are we getting Path of Exile: Supreme Tribulation?

You've got the touch (of God)! You've got the PoER!

OKAY I AM DONE. sorrynotsorrydont@me.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Nov 24, 2022, 12:23:11 AM
ruthless with trade will not be ruthless enough, it'll just be a slower version of the main game, it seems to me they've just removed stuff and not added anything, something anyone can do if they want in a normal run.

SSF ruthless will be more inline with how i imagine ruthless should be where drops matter more and player rely on themselves rather than other via trade.

ruthless doesn't go far enough and as such seems pointless.

hardcore casual.

Playing PoE for years and having fun despite GGG.
Last edited by AbilityPoints on Nov 24, 2022, 3:51:51 AM
"
AbilityPoints wrote:
ruthless with trade will not be ruthless enough, it'll just be a slower version of the main game, it seems to me they've just removed stuff and not added anything, something anyone can do if they want in a normal run.

SSF ruthless will be more inline with how i imagine ruthless should be where drops matter more and player rely on themselves rather than other via trade.

ruthless doesn't go far enough and as such seems pointless.

trade = easy mode. You can buy 100x better items that would drop in game easily. You can farm/spend currency and import endgame items. It has no place in ruthless if ruthless intention is to be challenging / hard and engaging with the game mechanics.
Last edited by AmpegV4 on Nov 24, 2022, 4:54:30 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info