Ruthless NDA is lifted, and feedback is largely positive so far!

"
Rothulean wrote:
Again, setting up your own strawmen to knock down isnt going to accomplish anything. I literally already said what I think it needs. Specific challenges in specific situations.

It's too general, you really think some1 will understand what you mean with this "specific challenges in specific situations"?
"
vio wrote:
if i remember right, ggg wanted to use ruthless to test out new stuff without pissing off the "reddit (moar loot and easier game plox) crowd".

the harder, the merrier.

so it doesn't really matter how it feels now cause it's going to change alot.

Nope, it's from forum rumors.
"
Alendert wrote:
"
Rothulean wrote:
Again, setting up your own strawmen to knock down isnt going to accomplish anything. I literally already said what I think it needs. Specific challenges in specific situations.

It's too general, you really think some1 will understand what you mean with this "specific challenges in specific situations"?

lol. No, its quite easy to understand. But not when youre more focused on knocking down strawmen.
Watched some streams of Ruthless. Alkaizer and Quin.

The biggest difference is not even the items but no support gems. Both had some rares and blues in act 2+ but the most noticable factor in blasting through content even on a one link skill are ranged skills like both Steel skills or spells.

Especially steel skills since they do double damage counting in the impales and bonuses damage from the skill itself.

Nothing unexpected to be honest and i watched enough to see that its resident sleeper for watching and even for playing (i already know the slow progress from open beta). But i'm glad there is a new league mod so people can choose from it and have fun in their own way.

Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
Last edited by gandhar0 on Nov 24, 2022, 6:37:35 PM
"
Rothulean wrote:
"
arknath wrote:
Sofar I hear it is just extreme scarcity with no added difficulty other than the lack of movement skills. Basically what will stop progression is lack of maps instead of difficult content. That sounds rather disappointing to me. TBD I guess...

The subreddit is so defensive about this mode its insane. But this is exactly what it seems like to me as well. Its not added difficulty. Its just a drastic increase in the amount of time it takes to do normal stuff.

Slower, not harder.

So when player power is taken away, you don't think that adds difficulty?
ruthless gna die day 2 lmao
I don't get the "slower, not harder" argument.

If I give you double movement speed, double eHP, double damage, would you say that makes the game "faster, not easier"?
"
KZA wrote:
I don't get the "slower, not harder" argument.

If I give you double movement speed, double eHP, double damage, would you say that makes the game "faster, not easier"?

It's just an angle of attack, I guess by players who don't want to like the mode / don't want others to like it.

The removal of arguably one of the largest sources of player power, bench crafting, is absolutely making the game harder. And that's just one single change out of many.

Ruthless is objectively a harder mode, it's not up for debate.
"
Bleu42 wrote:
"
Rothulean wrote:
"
arknath wrote:
Sofar I hear it is just extreme scarcity with no added difficulty other than the lack of movement skills. Basically what will stop progression is lack of maps instead of difficult content. That sounds rather disappointing to me. TBD I guess...

The subreddit is so defensive about this mode its insane. But this is exactly what it seems like to me as well. Its not added difficulty. Its just a drastic increase in the amount of time it takes to do normal stuff.

Slower, not harder.

So when player power is taken away, you don't think that adds difficulty?

Only temporarily until they figure out the meta. Adding difficulty onto the monsters themselves is not as easily worked around.

They need to add a lot more unique mechanics, like bosses healing on player death. I dont mean adding that healing mechanic all over the place. But different unique mechanics for various difficult mobs.
Last edited by Rothulean on Nov 24, 2022, 8:34:30 PM
"
Only temporarily until they figure out the meta. Adding difficulty onto the monsters themselves is not as easily worked around.
It's... still a difficulty increase for the affected players. Not only that, what is meta in Ruthless will still have to do more to perform well compared to other game modes.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info