Ruthless NDA is lifted, and feedback is largely positive so far!

"
From what I could tell, it's part of an attempt to minimise deterministic crafting/acquisition as a means of increasing difficulty. So it's not that I think OG would make Ruthless 'easy', more that I think there is at least SOME slouching towards PoE feeling more like a rogue-lite/like with Ruthless with stuff like only dropped support gems and greatly reduced power loot in general. And as innervation said, a guaranteed 6L is very much the product of a newer PoE -- there's a reason it was my fourth unique design and not my first. When I made Tipua Kaikohuru, a 6L rare was probably the most valuable item short of a mirror. You could NOT have told me back then that merely 5 years later I'd not only design a scaling 6L item, the devs would be cool with every aspect of it, INCLUDING a meta-AF acquisition method.

Oni-Goroshi has no place in *any* attempt to recapture the vibe of early PoE.

I only have about 20 of them left. I should probably get a few more before POE2.

I use its skin for other sword builds too. As I see it, the grind to get the sword in Ruthless, without a support gem to kill Hillock, would be an ongoing challenge.

Do you get a skill gem in the Twilight Shore in Ruthless?
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
You get the first skill gem after killing the zombie, but that is all. You don't get the support gem in the chest in Ruthless.
😹😹😹😹😹
I do not and will not use TFT.
Gaming Granny :D
🐢🐢🐢🪲🪲🪲
"
xjjanie wrote:
You get the first skill gem after killing the zombie, but that is all. You don't get the support gem in the chest in Ruthless.
That makes choosing your starting character something you might live with for a while.
US Mountain Time Zone
Someone tried to farm it and claimed they got uber Hillock to spawn and it dropped 5 unique items in lieu of the sword. A counterpoint was made that there was a distinct lack of evidence and that that shouldn't be possible. Someone will now have to spend another 12 hours trying. (or be the first person to try, now baited into disproving by the claims) *snicker*
[applause]
US Mountain Time Zone
...that's fucking hilarious. While they did say Oni-Goroshi was removed, they never said that 'Uber Hillock' was. If they left him in, and actually let him fight with OG, but not drop the sword (but instead give 5 uniques, a ridiculously strong prize for Ruthless act 1)...ahahhahaha that'd be a playful move worthy of the GGG of old.

Spoiler
Therion: me too, that's why I'm writing a bunch of books for her (something I realised only after dedicating the first one to the wrong character). Some of the lines I came up with for OG dramatically changed my plans there. For example, what she says about Ryslatha and Mother Bear. Before that I had no idea how she felt about motherhood, or at least how she'd say she felt about it. Two lines for a talking sword underpinning 80-90 pages of work, work I reckon is far superior to anything I've done so far. And that's why I can never regret anything regarding GGG and PoE. There was magic like that woven throughout.
Predecessor! Paragon is BACK.
Finished Dragons Dogma 2 at 327 hours, 9 playthroughs. Loved every minute.
Holy shit, Assassins Creed ARPG trilogy isnt shit. 3D titan quest with better writing?
Dungeon Encounters is brilliant. Square Enix should stop banking on bloatjunk like ffxvi and ff7r.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Nov 26, 2022, 10:17:20 PM

Players - We want drops to be meaningful.

GGG - Ok we will create a mode where we nerf everything else and make drops super rare so even horrible trash rares that give you 2% benefit will be meaningful.

Players - Wait...

GGG - We will also reduce all currency drops so you cant improve these terrible rares so the +15 hp chest you have, you will wear to 75

Players - Hold on..

GGG - Aren't we doing everything you ask for? You must be happy right?
Didn't get alpha invite but I'm really looking forward to playing it on beta release with next league (if there won't be more alpha waves where I would be invited). Just from description it sounded like something I would enjoy and looking at some streams and overall impressions of people who played it made me even more hyped for it. Initially wasn't really sure about removing movement skills but it does actually look fun without movement skills.
Last edited by DemonikPath on Nov 27, 2022, 5:01:37 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info