0.10.5 Deployment Timeline and Upcoming Race Events

New melee gems is good thing, but when there will be something done for melee survivability which is one of the main reason melees are in a bad state? (armor being useless against big hits, evasion chars being one shot...)
"
SmellyBadge wrote:
I was really looking forward to that power charge support gem, but I realized that as a spell caster, and even if I get all four power charge (3 +1 powercharge and the 1 +2% spell damage from power charges) This gem will still be worse than both "faster casting" and "Increased Critical Damage" because spells casters already have so easy acces to Spell Crit.
So this will be a boost for only the spell casters who have acces to a nice 6L chest (which is what 2% of all players? due to insane rarity, not that many people have 1000 fusings or 25 exalted to buy a chest)
Or for maybe people using "attacks" instead of "spells" who have worse acces to critical strike chance.
I had tho really hoped this would be a nice new dimension for casters, but Im not sure its gonna be usefull for about 90% of the spell casters out there...

To be fair, spellcasters doesn't really have it bad contrary to melee at the moment. When it's more balanced i presume casters gets more supports aswell.
I'm perfectly fine with delays, I really don't mind at all. I see this game as a long term thing anyway. I've been playing on and off (but for a long period each time) since the Closed Beta, and I've had my fair share of added content so far ;). A couple more days, who cares? Just imagine all you will have in the next 2 months loll.

Keep it up GGG!
Any words on were these support gems will be added? Really want to try them out on my character but dont wanna miss them all if I progress to much (if they are added as quest reward that is).
"
Melkrow wrote:
Actually...I'm slightly disappointed by GGG this time around. If last week you said you were gonna delay the patch for 2 weeks, then I wouldn't have been disappointed. I hate liers. I know things come up and blah blah blah, but honestly I don't care. Just don't lie, I don't care how long you take. Carrot on a stick is bad business practice in the long run.

we're expecting to deploy 0.10.5 late this week and the 0.10.6 patch next week.

you really got comprehensions problems when accusing others of lying when chris clearly stated "expected to be deployed" not "is getting to be deployed". i really hope you don't behave like that when facing people in real life cause that will be a difficult time once you've grown up.

"
Melkrow wrote:
but honestly I don't care.

i do. most of us here do. go away.

edit: deleted the insulting parts

"
MrShadow wrote:
New melee gems is good thing, but when there will be something done for melee survivability which is one of the main reason melees are in a bad state? (armor being useless against big hits, evasion chars being one shot...)

It's a feature, not a bug heh, learn to defense and mouse click instead of facetanking Vaal and Brutus.
"
Kardas666 wrote:
"
MrShadow wrote:

It's a feature, not a bug heh, learn to defense and mouse click instead of facetanking Vaal and Brutus.

It is very possible to tank both of those bosses though. Any physical boss can be tanked. Vaal needs some elemental resist flasks to go with Immortal Call, but it is still very doable.
Bullshit, you get the game for free.

-Qarl
"
Kardas666 wrote:
"
MrShadow wrote:

Actually I face tanked Brutus (and Kole and Piety...) without issues on my pure eva/dodge shadow with ~2500HP on Merci and never intended to face tank Vaal smash (just moving away when he starts to do it).
I really hope to see some trading stuff/tools as soon as possible. The trade chat is just horrible, we need them :|

While they can work around some things to minimize it a bit it will NEVER been gone completely so you might as well move on to another game if that's how you really feel.[/quote]

there is no reason they can't fix it 100%. why would you even play if you didn't believe it could be fixed. this problem does not exist in any game I have played.[/quote]

Then you only play console-based single-player games. Call it "lag" "desync" "misplaced movement synchronization" "fps drops" "latency spikes" or what-have-you, there is, at least some, destabilized information in every game that is not completely linearly based.

In an online game where people can play from multiple countries in the same instance, there will certainly be some lost packets somewhere. A lot of that is purely physical--it's part of the internet (ever used "tracert" in command prompt? you'll see what I mean). Some of it is in how the server and client interact. And another huge of it comes from the way that GGG has chosen to make the game predict certain elements in game so as to soften the effects of the other two, and the mishaps that can occur in that prediction programming.

Now, tell me why "there is no reason they can't fix it 100%". D3 has desync. Every shooter on the planet has desync (I was just playing Hawken a little bit ago--right before the game it even has a loading-type section that says "syncing account"). MMO's can encounter massive amounts of desync.

(Finally, you clearly didn't play in Closed Beta. They've improved a lot since then.)[/quote]

I played d2 for years, league of legends, wow mostly pvp arenas, eq, eq2, unreal tourney, bf2, and many other shooters. and yes, sometimes I would lag. 99.9% of the any lag that was present was totally unnoticeable. I never had desync in d2...ever. the problem with poe is quite unique from all of my experiences.. im 33 yrs old and have gamed since doom came out as shareware.

I clearly did play in closed and the problem is now 100% worse.
Last edited by zerofault on Apr 4, 2013, 4:37:38 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info