0.10.5 Deployment Timeline and Upcoming Race Events

Thank you as always for the update Chris; better to take a few more days and polish things than to release a buggy mess. You and GGG may rest assured that you have a lot of friends out here, and once we get the new patch content, we'll do our level best to try and break everything you put so much hard work into ;-).

Take care and good luck with deploying the new patch...and nice to see "cutthroat" back in the conversation :-).

"Experience is the best teacher,but there's only one seat in his classroom."
Play with honour and show some class - www.theAmazonBasin.com
Zarabeth - Level 89 Ranger
Wicked Wanda - Level 87 Witch
Xarabeth - Level 79 Scion
"
zerofault wrote:
I clearly did play in closed and the problem is now 100% worse.

Yeah, I'm not sure where they get that from, 'you clearly didn't play in Closed Beta. They've improved a lot since then'

While I can't speak for early CB, I can for late CB v OB and the situation with desync is much, much worse in OB.
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Apr 4, 2013, 4:46:40 AM
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
While I can't speak for early CB, I can for late CB v OB and the situation with desync is much, much worse in OB.

I didn't play in CB, but I can guess why it did.

The population grew by a factor of 10. Possibly more and that's just a complete guess.

More connections = more lag/desync.
thanks
♦▲◄▼►▲♦ @Kadush ♦▲◄▼►▲♦
OffTopic
"
TremorAcePV wrote:
"
TheAnuhart wrote:

The population grew by a factor of 10. Possibly more and that's just a complete guess.

I can vouch for quite a bit more than just late CB. My oldest beta account became active a bit more than a year before OB launch. And yes, in the mid stages (Can not rightfully claim to know about the prior months), it WAS much worse than it is now.

Personally, even now, I do not have much of a desync issue unless I am playing my WB and Flicker Shadow, which also has insane attack and movement speed. As such, much of my desync is self created, and knowingly.

As far as the population goes, being that we have lost the /online command, with anyone other than the staff, it is a guess. But I do know what we had active during CB, and if I had to take a semi-educated guess on it, I would say that our consistent server population has grown much more than the 10X.

This is one aspect far too many are far too ignorant about when placing complaints about specific tasks not being handled according to their personal and wishful timetables. Settling an issue for 300-500 people is rarely as difficult as solving an issue for 4000-7500 (for example). With greater populations come more complicated problems. A blanket fix is not always possible.

I am glad to see somebody made it a point to mention this aspect once again. It gets ignored far too often around here.

On-Topic : Eagerly awaiting the new support gems. Early notes would be great. They would be even greater if they specified when one can expect to see the support available (level and quest-wise, if they are not drop-only).

Love the ideas behind the gems. Keep them coming :)
...narf
Last edited by SqueakyToyOfTerror on Apr 4, 2013, 5:03:54 AM
I can't wait any longer to build a char around one of these gems!
With that being said, thanks for the update and take your time ;D Some Information would be highly appreciated though (Are the gems Quest Rewards? Which Chars get them when?)^^
"
TremorAcePV wrote:

There is no technical reason why that would be true.
"
viikinki wrote:
"
TremorAcePV wrote:

lol

go back to your tinker toys little boy
"
jamesl wrote:
"
viikinki wrote:
"
TremorAcePV wrote:

lol

go back to your tinker toys little boy

What a well argumented comeback :)

You know anything about scaling and in games that are heavily instanced I might throw in a complicated word for you, linear scaling?
"
TremorAcePV wrote:
"
TheAnuhart wrote:

Without a doubt.
Casually casual.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info