0.10.5 Deployment Timeline and Upcoming Race Events

Where can I get some info on these new supports?
BigKnox
did jay tell you how to ignore even more the desynch issue on the meeting, i've heard he's quite good at it, it's a family thing appearantly.. :p
IGN: Bluntexile
"
Chris wrote:
"
Sexygillou wrote:
desync

In a few days' time, check the (not yet created) Development Manifesto forum for an article about it!

On the off chance you see this, Chris... the only problem I have with desync is when there's a disconnect between where the server says my character is, and where my client says my character is. The locations of enemies don't matter nearly as much - I can always make my character run away, but I don't control the monsters, and it doesn't matter if they die.
IRON MAN
monday..........................
My best char so far https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1211377
Waiting anxiously for my Power Charges to test them! Need to level up a little bit ><
SC IGN: BubaFrostShiva lvl 73 Cold Crit Witch
Last edited by BubaMan on Apr 4, 2013, 5:47:58 AM
"
De7rag wrote:
Where can I get some info on these new supports?

Anyone?
BigKnox
"
This is one aspect far too many are far too ignorant about when placing complaints about specific tasks not being handled according to their personal and wishful timetables. Settling an issue for 300-500 people is rarely as difficult as solving an issue for 4000-7500 (for example). With greater populations come more complicated problems. A blanket fix is not always possible.

Edit..I think I read your post wrong so the context might be off at first, I'll leave it unedited though.

Whoa there, desync is not an issue that merely affects a minority.
It affects everyone, to different degrees.
The thing is, even if the worse cases of desync affect a minority and the lesser problematic cases affect a majority, it is the same issue and is therefore of major importance for everyone.

I know the issue is difficult (impossible?) to resolve with PoE netcode.
But there are much needed remedies.

For example, there could be work done to the code that auto-LoS your character to a 'locked-target'. While this is a great feature, it is the cause of many desyncs as your character runs on the server to LoS the targeted desynced mob..at its server location (i.e. not the client location of the monster or the character).

Also, as above, we see several cases of the character actually resyncing to the server location of a desynced mob, as in.. porting and appearing in a place you could never have ran to and survived, and.. appearing in a place that auto-LoS would not have taken you (auto-LoS will never maneuver your character forward if range is broken and will never move your character backwards (increasing range) in order to keep LoS). Yet I have ported to both places that would have killed me on route and also places that required a lot of backtracking maneuvers to get to.

Being required to use 'attack in place' to attempt to counter desync, when your set up effectively could mean this is the only reason you use it, is silly. More so, when using 'attack in place' actually stops the utility of 'auto-LoS' as just that, a utility rather than a secondary cause of sync issues.

I can num-lock the 'attack in place' bind so I always attack in place, forfeit the auto-LoS utility and be less prone to resync problems. But... this will not allow you to loot, or interact with any object/portal/WP.

There are many byproducts and causes of desync, there are a few ways to give more QoL to us in dealing with the desync, the byproducts and the causes. But nothing is happening in this area, it would seem.

Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Apr 4, 2013, 6:09:39 AM
The "soon" got over here too=(
Game changing u say? Unless they have some OP dmg\ias bonuses I don't see how.... cause we all remember cyclone.
IGN: Seze
I'm looking forward to the patch, it's always fun to try something new :]

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info