0.10.5 Deployment Timeline and Upcoming Race Events

"
Butcherski wrote:
"who cares bout desync

we do have some new microtransactions you can buy with real money tho !

please buy them so we can spend the money on artists so they can make more microtransaction effects"

yes im a little mad

God there are a lot of whiners on about.. Aren't they forgetting they are in theory getting an awesome game for free !!!! Not that I discourage donation I think you should if you can. keep up the excellent work all the members of Grinding Gear !! This is the best game ever !!!!
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/175363

this might be helpful for people to understand what desync is and why it can never be totally eliminated.

My personal experience with PoE is that I haven't had much in the way of bad lag, and I can count the episodes of desync on 2 hands and have fingers left over after that.

1337 21gn17ur3
"
Sexygillou wrote:
Could you make a clear announcement about desync issues ?
I don't expect them to be solved within one week, but at least tell us about it, and maybe, what is the difference in PoE compared to other online games that makes it hard to fix here ?

Not a single word about it makes me really disappointed, to be honest. All your answers seem to carefully avoid this gamebreaker issue.

Thanks for the update anyway (I agree with the delaying too).

there will be a manifesto up next week most likely that will have all this info on it, if some lazy ppl would search the forums you would find out what GGG has said about desync many times over.
"
Chris wrote:
"
Melkrow wrote:
Actually...I'm slightly disappointed by GGG this time around. If last week you said you were gonna delay the patch for 2 weeks, then I wouldn't have been disappointed. I hate liers. I know things come up and blah blah blah, but honestly I don't care. Just don't lie, I don't care how long you take. Carrot on a stick is bad business practice in the long run.

We will always delay patches if they are not quite ready in time. If the patch would cause problems for the beta realm (crashes, character damage, crazy balance, feature regression, etc) then we'll wait until it's fixed before we deploy it.

Many companies prefer to have month-long quality assurance cycles for their patches, but we're trying to deliver a patch every week, which means that some of them will occur a few days late. Thanks for your feedback though - we'll try to make sure it's communicated well in the future!

You guys are golden.

But please say something about desync.

"
Chris wrote:
"
Sexygillou wrote:
Could you make a clear announcement about desync issues ?
I don't expect them to be solved within one week, but at least tell us about it, and maybe, what is the difference in PoE compared to other online games that makes it hard to fix here ?

Not a single word about it makes me really disappointed, to be honest. All your answers seem to carefully avoid this gamebreaker issue.

Thanks for the update anyway (I agree with the delaying too).

In a few day's time, check the (not yet created) Development Manifesto forum for an article about it!

Excellent.
Casually casual.

Well patch will come exactly when expected... after Seaon 1 ends, huh... why would anyone expect anything else? Finally gonna go back to lvlin a melee char in HC, should be fun... till I eventually die once again :D
"
Spikey00 wrote:
My heavy strike is ready to knock every mob into a wall on the entire map with a single multistrike.

Heavy strike? Bitch please. Dominating blow! All your mobs are belong to us.
Is the Community FAQ almost ready? You last mentioned you would be preparing it on flights between places, etc. We all know what its like to be busy (I haven't had a free moment to play PoE in a month) but you kind of set yourself up with obligation <.<
"
BooleanCube wrote:
Is the Community FAQ almost ready? You last mentioned you would be preparing it on flights between places, etc. We all know what its like to be busy (I haven't had a free moment to play PoE in a month) but you kind of set yourself up with obligation <.<

The QandA has pupated and became the 'Beta Mephisto'.

Chris has said it will be up and running, likely within the next few days.
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Apr 4, 2013, 3:07:45 AM
Wonderful: I am impressed with the attention to detail from the GGG team... PoE feels like a loved child rather than a cash cow. Thanks.
I was really looking forward to that power charge support gem, but I realized that as a spell caster, and even if I get all four power charge (3 +1 powercharge and the 1 +2% spell damage from power charges) This gem will still be worse than both "faster casting" and "Increased Critical Damage" because spells casters already have so easy acces to Spell Crit.
So this will be a boost for only the spell casters who have acces to a nice 6L chest (which is what 2% of all players? due to insane rarity, not that many people have 1000 fusings or 25 exalted to buy a chest)
Or for maybe people using "attacks" instead of "spells" who have worse acces to critical strike chance.
I had tho really hoped this would be a nice new dimension for casters, but Im not sure its gonna be usefull for about 90% of the spell casters out there...
It seems only way to use this, is if I and other go a chinese farmer/botter/hacker site 500$ for a mirror :/
IGN: SmellyBadgerS / LadyRamonaS
Last edited by SmellyBadge on Apr 4, 2013, 3:16:33 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info