0.10.5 Deployment Timeline and Upcoming Race Events

Monday? that will be a loooooong 4 days for me :P
>=====,',','
MASTER?! MASTER?! WHERE THE DREAMS THAT I'VE BEEN AFTER!!?
',',',=====<
"
zerofault wrote:
"
"
kekoyaso wrote:
i dont want to play at HC bcoz of Desycn . when it fix totaly then i go play

While they can work around some things to minimize it a bit it will NEVER been gone completely so you might as well move on to another game if that's how you really feel.

there is no reason they can't fix it 100%. why would you even play if you didn't believe it could be fixed. this problem does not exist in any game I have played.

Then you only play console-based single-player games. Call it "lag" "desync" "misplaced movement synchronization" "fps drops" "latency spikes" or what-have-you, there is, at least some, destabilized information in every game that is not completely linearly based.

In an online game where people can play from multiple countries in the same instance, there will certainly be some lost packets somewhere. A lot of that is purely physical--it's part of the internet (ever used "tracert" in command prompt? you'll see what I mean). Some of it is in how the server and client interact. And another huge of it comes from the way that GGG has chosen to make the game predict certain elements in game so as to soften the effects of the other two, and the mishaps that can occur in that prediction programming.

Now, tell me why "there is no reason they can't fix it 100%". D3 has desync. Every shooter on the planet has desync (I was just playing Hawken a little bit ago--right before the game it even has a loading-type section that says "syncing account"). MMO's can encounter massive amounts of desync.

(Finally, you clearly didn't play in Closed Beta. They've improved a lot since then.)
Alteration Orb Union Local #7
I'll smash your nose with 20 Alterations before I'll sell them for 1 lousy Chaos. 16:1. No questions.
"
Melkrow wrote:
Actually...I'm slightly disappointed by GGG this time around. If last week you said you were gonna delay the patch for 2 weeks, then I wouldn't have been disappointed. I hate liers. I know things come up and blah blah blah, but honestly I don't care. Just don't lie, I don't care how long you take. Carrot on a stick is bad business practice in the long run.

We will always delay patches if they are not quite ready in time. If the patch would cause problems for the beta realm (crashes, character damage, crazy balance, feature regression, etc) then we'll wait until it's fixed before we deploy it.

Many companies prefer to have month-long quality assurance cycles for their patches, but we're trying to deliver a patch every week, which means that some of them will occur a few days late. Thanks for your feedback though - we'll try to make sure it's communicated well in the future!
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
A suggestion for the Season 2 Race,

Currently you have 4 time slots for races.

Expand it to 6 and space them evenly through out the day and night.
a Midnight 4AM 8AM Noon 4PM 8PM cycle would ensure that everyone would have at least one or two good race times. you just can't have 4 hour races back to back easily (you could, but I am going to operate on the assumption you want people to have a life). :)
"
Russell wrote:
"
Butcherski wrote:
"who cares bout desync

we do have some new microtransactions you can buy with real money tho !

please buy them so we can spend the money on artists so they can make more microtransaction effects"

yes im a little mad

Im still the only one making them >.>?

keep up the good work Russell and pay no attention to ppl who know nothing about whats going on over there at GGG

I don't mind a delayed patch. As long as you have good reason to delay something, do so by all means. I would rather something with few to no bugs than a quickly released, bug ridden patch.

Keep the good times rolling GGG.
1337 21gn17ur3
Could you make a clear announcement about desync issues ?
I don't expect them to be solved within one week, but at least tell us about it, and maybe, what is the difference in PoE compared to other online games that makes it hard to fix here ?

Not a single word about it makes me really disappointed, to be honest. All your answers seem to carefully avoid this gamebreaker issue.

Thanks for the update anyway (I agree with the delaying too).
Last edited by Sexygillou on Apr 4, 2013, 2:25:30 AM
"
Butcherski wrote:
"who cares bout desync

we do have some new microtransactions you can buy with real money tho !

please buy them so we can spend the money on artists so they can make more microtransaction effects"

yes im a little mad

Translation:
Why can't your artists fix netcode issues?

It never ceases to amuse me when people imply that because art is improved, or new cosmetic effects are added, GGG must have stopped looking into desync. If you were a little less ignorant you'd undestand that desync and microtransactions are not mutually exclusive and that different people with different jobs work on each separately.

"
Sexygillou wrote:
I don't expect them to be solved within one week, but at least tell us about it, and maybe, what is the difference in PoE compared to other online games that makes it hard to fix here ?

It has already been said. Things like players not being able to clip with monsters, nor monsters with other monsters makes it different from most games. Other factors as well, but I can't really recall the whole post.
Last edited by astrartea on Apr 4, 2013, 2:29:43 AM
"
Sexygillou wrote:

Not a single word about it makes me really disappointed, to be honest. All your answers seem to carefully avoid this gamebreaker issue.

Thanks for the update anyway (I agree with the delaying too).

In a few days' time, check the (not yet created) Development Manifesto forum for an article about it!
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
The new Support Gems sound so great. Can't wait to build something with them.
"You did move, but there was no time at which you were moving, because your movement took 0 time." - Mark_GGG

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info